Moonspear Despite what you've been told, I once had a soul
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra heard his call, and was returning from another inspection of the Glen in another bid to find Praimfaya or Dragomir. Her heart lifted to hear his song, and she sang in turn to him. With @Alya alongside her Hydra returned to the Spear, and Hydra found herself surprised to see him lingering at the border and not coming to find her within. Alya, will you tell the others? she murmured, and her sister nodded before rerouting to do as she had asked.

Hydra bridged the gap and moved to look over Dragomir, concern apparent upon her visage as she sought any new wounds or any indicators that he had faced an enemy beyond. Dragomir, she breathed, several emotions present. That old lingering worry she had endured in his absence, in the absence of Arcturus, which shifted then to the release of that to see him here and in one piece, her own anguish eased some for that. 

She could not, naturally, see the demons that may have plagued him within. But she was relieved to see he was physically in fine condition. The matriarch moved to nose his shoulder softly (if permitted), tail wagging some. He was alive, he was healthy. Hydra had feared the worst may have happened, strong through Dragomir had become. But perhaps her mate had been right... perhaps he had simply just needed to clear his head. 

Ah, but he had called to her, and she remembered they lurked upon the borders. Giving him some space, now, Hydra knew better than to think everything was alright. Hydra had not forgotten that day, of course. She had slept, but hardly fitfully. Hydra ached to think of her brother, and feared also for Dragomir out there alone. Additionally, she continued to lead, be a mother, and protect Moonspear from threats large or small. Fortunately, no cannibals had come in the time between this all. But the quiet hardly represented the volume of the noise within her head. 

Hydra was tired. She might not look it, except for the wearied look in her eyes that might be easy to miss to those who did not seek it, but she was. Hydra had gone through several of the stages of grief, rebounded between some, and had yet to reach acceptance yet. Today, that deep sadness returned. Heavy, loathsome. Anger was more tolerable and easy to work through. But there was a reason to be happy; Dragomir was here, and was safe.

She suspected he would want to talk, what with where he stood. Hydra imagined she would have been shocked to see what he had from near or afar, and could not fault him that. And so her ears pricked forward, ready to listen. 

sounds gooood!
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
RE: Despite what you've been told, I once had a soul - by Hydra - April 10, 2020, 12:03 PM