Ravensblood Forest but you don't know what hell you put me through
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
@Danica set deep in the forest of RBF

She hung back under the willowy arm of collapsed redwood bough, her eyes suspicious and straining. Overhead the sun pierced the canopy weakly and deep umber dapples of coruscating light brilliantly dotted the floor where pinestraw lit as if on fire and the dark recesses of damp loamy soil was lent the most incredible russet color.

In the breeze between brine and rot the musk of bear was unmistakable; lumbering and formidable like the beast itself. The forest floor was carved with leaden footprints of the monster, and distantly the dull echo of a roar split the tranquility of the humming leaves.

Caiaphas looked one way and then the other -- and with a dart she stole across the small bosk where a fallen fawn lay cleaved and broken with black blood spilling over the dirt and small swirls of dust and particle sat simmering in its surface. The eyes blank and hollow with a swollen tongue pressed forth from slack jaws.

The kill distinctly belonged to a wolf, Caiaphas could smell it on the fawn's pelt. She could only surmise the bear had come second and the altercation that had arisen had caused the two enemies to diverge from their meal. Ever the opportunist (and feeling fairly certain the bear was not returning) Caiaphas sunk her teeth into the mangled neck of the fawn and started to drag it swiftly back to Ankyra Sound.

After all, Larus and Kevlyn would be waiting.
CAIAPHAS
"how does a man decide in what order to abandon his life?"

this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
Messages In This Thread
but you don't know what hell you put me through - by Caiaphas - October 21, 2014, 05:01 PM