Ravensblood Forest head-rush
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
No! Please take care of yourself :)

The male offered her a mixed reaction of alarm and exuberance - Olive had felt such an emotion before, but it was brought forth in the presence of the almighty gods and not a finite, earthly wolf such as herself - and it was not her desired response.  His tail immediately curled in fear, a movement at which Olive’s heart sank deep into her chest - she never wanted to command fear from another living being… only respect. With haste did the stranger drew a smile upon his maw and in response, and Olive felt her tense muscles release their grip. No, forceful guardianship did not suit her and Olive prayed that particulate responsibility to Teaghlaigh would never wholly fall upon her peaceful shoulders. 

The fae learned two things right off the bat: 1) his name was Nassim, and 2) she was pretty. The pale woman felt a rush of warmth to her cheeks and she canted her head to one side, suddenly unable to look straight at the coffee-colored stranger. Olive, a wolf who easily gauged social cues and found it easy to anticipate others’ next moves, did not expect the forward comment [especially after her theatrical entrance]. In truth, Olive sought to never overvalue a wolfs physical presence as their emotional and spiritual presence were priceless. Beauty faded with age but geniality, purity and discipline persisted long after the physical body died. These values were held steadfast, but the femme couldn’t help but feel pleasantly lauded.

Olive remained silent as the jovial male tried [and failed] at pronouncing his place within Teaghlaigh. The grey woman exhaled audibly - Nassim wasn’t a trespasser to be punished, but a friend to be groomed into family. A grin that matched his own drew upon her lips. Comhlach,” she spoke sweetly and easily, in stark contrast to her bellowed commands. Olive placed one petite, creme-dipped paw in front of the other as she took a step forward. “It is the utmost pleasure to meet you.” One leg curled under her chest and she bent forward in a shallow bow - Nassim was not yet part of the family, but he was an associate and was afforded the formalities as such.

“I am Olive, Teaghlaigh’s Comhairleoir.”  The word spilled from her tongue with hardly an effort - evidence of her time spent practicing the word over and over and over again. “For all intents and purposes, I am the family’s advisor.” 

“This forest is not as large as one may believe - how is it that I had yet to meet you, until this day?”
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
head-rush - by RIP Nassim - November 04, 2016, 04:38 PM
RE: head-rush - by Olive - November 10, 2016, 01:29 PM
RE: head-rush - by RIP Nassim - November 20, 2016, 04:23 AM
RE: head-rush - by Olive - November 21, 2016, 09:53 PM