Stone Circle swagalicious
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
All Welcome 
Let me know if I need to change anything here. Feel free to pop in. I was going to make this read only, but what's the fun in that? I'll archive it 1/10/2017

It was a bitterly cold morning the day that he decided to follow the trail Amber had left earlier that week. It'd been after a short, inconsequential spat. As was their routine, they'd gone their separate ways to cool off, make concessions. Day had returned to the den ready to admit that Amber might have been a little bit more right than him, but she hadn't been back. He would spend the next several days (until this very morn) waiting with quickly-abating hope.

After alerting @Steady and @Valette to his plans, Day set off in his mate's pawprints, looking for any signs of a struggle, of harm. He found only an imprint of a fall that she'd taken, but her trail continued on for miles after that.

Day abandoned her trail at the coast, knowing that his children were waiting for him back at home, and that - if Amber was coming back - she would probably be there as well. But when he returned to the territory, Amber's scent had gone stale, and Day had long since resigned himself to caring for Sunny and Dawn on his own. In a way, it was a relief. He worried for Amber, but it looked as though she'd left on her own accord. And he'd made a promise to protect and care for her... but she'd made promises of her own, and where did her just being... gone leave them?

He was too tired to care when he got back to the den. It's better this way, he told himself, curling around his two perfect children and closing his eyes. No Addie, no Amber, no complications. He could care for his children and just... just focus on that. His heart was too tired to do anything else.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
swagalicious - by Grayday Sr. - December 26, 2016, 11:30 PM
RE: swagalicious - by Steady - December 27, 2016, 09:46 AM
RE: swagalicious - by Sunny - December 27, 2016, 01:16 PM
RE: swagalicious - by Grayday Sr. - December 28, 2016, 10:35 PM
RE: swagalicious - by Steady - January 02, 2017, 09:40 PM
RE: swagalicious - by Sunny - January 02, 2017, 11:42 PM
RE: swagalicious - by Grayday Sr. - January 06, 2017, 01:16 AM
RE: swagalicious - by Steady - January 10, 2017, 10:41 AM
RE: swagalicious - by Sunny - January 10, 2017, 04:40 PM