Fox's Glade She told me that I'm not enough
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
She would never get used to that word, whore, especially when it was directed towards herself. Olive had never thought of herself as a particularly loose woman, having only ever dedicated herself one man — but, as she mused back upon those days in the wood with the pale lothario [as anonymous on the day they parted as they were on the day they met] and the sometimes shameless flirting that she subjected random roadsmen to, Olive realized that perhaps she loved the tangible sensuality of physical creation far too much to ever be considered not a whore. Perhaps that was not a bad thing!

Dakarai turned back to face her and the sylph faced him bravely, tipping up her chin and looking down her finespun muzzle at the man. Of course she knew how fucked up her family was — it was a thought that plagued her almost daily. It was what she prayed for when she prostrated herself and prayed to the gods, cried for their mercy and laughed at their folly; that Aries might find peace, and Cassiopeia might find safety, and Sirius might retain a semblance of who he really was, before the world decided to smudge him out of the picture. This statement of his might have annoyed Olive, but clearly Dakarai was not willing to see the gravity of her own sacrifice — he was too busy flaunting his own. 

It was not easy for Olive to hide how this entire interaction hit her, shocked her, and weighed down upon her. She wasn’t sure where to go from here; into a world where Dakarai wasn’t her fail safe. Then loneliness hit her like a wrenching in her heart, and she grimaced and tightened her jaw to bite back the words that wanted to come out. She wanted to call after him; to yell out his name and wax poetic, speaking of love and light and the future. He was such a sorrowful man, and Olive saw in him what Onyx surely did: someone to fix, and the desire was almost insatiable. Then, she would be in the power position once more.

In the end, the sylph never had a chance to say anything more, because the dark knight turned and darted in the opposite direction, leaving a cliff where had hoped to find a gentle slope. Alone with the weight of her thoughts, the weight of her guilt, the ashen fae laid down once more amongst the frozen grasses and cried herself to sleep.  
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Messages In This Thread
She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 24, 2018, 08:25 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 24, 2018, 10:30 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 25, 2018, 02:26 AM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 25, 2018, 04:33 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 25, 2018, 09:29 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 26, 2018, 09:14 AM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Dakarai - February 26, 2018, 06:45 PM
RE: She told me that I'm not enough - by Olive - February 27, 2018, 03:28 PM