Moonspear can you try me (try me)
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Upon her return, Hydra haunted the borders regularly, often with @Lyra as of late. Usually, her sister joined her later in the day—her morning ritual consisted of investigating new herbs and collecting them for her stores. Hydra's had changed very little since her return home, and she was near the borders when she saw a flash of black move in the distance. Hydra had not caught wind of the scent, but she was certain she had seen something. Never one to waste time, she descended expertly, not needing to look where her paws fell to know where they landed. 

Fortunately for the stranger, they were far enough to not be met with her outright and instant aggression, but her demeanor was far from welcoming as she advanced in a predatory prowl. New life here made her all the more guarded, and she appeared every bit an arrow poised to be loosed from its quiver if the other made one wrong move...

What she happened upon was a man, rising, with debris falling from him—she recognized the spot as one she had marked but two days ago—and her tail lifted swiftly over her hindquarters as her pace quickened, thinking, at first, the worst. It was fortunate for him that the wind struck her at all. She swallowed the snarl that had nearly fallen from her lips—instead what came was a perplexed whine. Not once did she stop moving, however. She closed the distance between them, her nose seeking to press against the first bit of him that presented itself, to feel him, to confirm that he was here

She had seen Rian many times since his leaving. No—she had thought that to be the case. Hydra had sought him in every stranger, but she had been wrong every time. Hydra did not allow herself to hope, as the feeling had brought her disappointment each time, but this scent, she had to... and if it were not him, this wolf, he had seen him—
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
can you try me (try me) - by Rian - April 27, 2018, 07:43 PM
RE: can you try me (try me) - by Hydra - April 27, 2018, 07:59 PM
RE: can you try me (try me) - by Rian - April 28, 2018, 01:54 AM
RE: can you try me (try me) - by Hydra - April 28, 2018, 04:42 PM
RE: can you try me (try me) - by Rian - April 28, 2018, 06:33 PM
RE: can you try me (try me) - by Hydra - April 28, 2018, 09:32 PM