Neverwinter Forest holy water running dry
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He came close, and she felt his lips against her notched-ear; Hydra was no fool to think that he might not harm her, because it was those closest to her that had hurt her within her life, and so the beginnings of a growl was elicited that simply advised, careful!; but she was silenced, briefly, by his whispers. First she was overwhelmed by the feeling of his breath upon a spot so exposed and unguarded, and that passed through the entirety of her in a vibrating shiver. Her breath caught in her throat as she leaned toward him, the warmth of him welcomed against the raindrops that, now and then, fell upon her. Interpretation took her a moment in light of the physicality of it all—she let herself be, for that moment, unthinking and only feeling; her eyes were closed, and then came some understanding. 

She snaked her own muzzle toward the base of his ear, shifting her body so as to make this possible, tit-for-tat in this solely sensory experience. No, she responded, No. It is not the uncertainty or the unknown that I fear, Dirge, she explained, voice low and slow. All that, I would be willing to explore— with you, but she withheld; he knew that much now, did he not? She withdrew a measure, so he could look upon her and understand what kept her rooted, and its meaning to her—the time, temporary, it required. I saw my sister fall before my eyes. I saw the weak-willed, yellow-bellied cur that let it happen flee. I avenged Galaxy as best I could, she hummed, but he lives and breathes, as I respected the beliefs of those that think they know him. She paused, and bore her teeth at that; they were wrong, and were it not for Gannet remaining, there would be nothing to keep her from her self-made order of protection against him. They are young. I think if given the opportunity, he would try his luck on them, she admitted. Her ears pressed forward, before one cupped backward. Hydra sought to teach them how to defend themselves from the likes of creatures like Screech, and to defend them while they could not. 

He is pathetic, but they are children still, pathetic, too—though them, she could shape and advise. 

His admittance of her affection toward her was thought of then. I want more than adoration, she expressed, then. You came to me when it suited you, your survival; I know that. What I want... she explained, is for you to do as you want, wherever that might lead you; though I had hoped it might lead you to me, her eyes shifted toward the woods, before they fell to him again.

His final words rewarded him a radiant smile as her head lifted proudly, muzzle draping demurely over her throat. She was a woman, and a strong one. In time, she would become a bringer of life, as capable of that in her season as she was of bringing death, when she needed. She had accomplished much already, and though she was content with her lot in life now, her ambition had yet to show its face in full—but a portion of it could be seen now in her eyes, as another fork of lightning flashed beyond the forest—the embers of them dancing in her eyes. I know what I am capable of, she spoke in tandem with the rolling thunder, her voice one with it, I know where my path will lead me, she declared. Princess, now, yes; but with teeth and ambitions bared, she would be Queen someday. 

It was an inevitable thread of her life that she knew she would come to.

The question was, would he seek to do so alongside her? Would his patience permit more time? Would his pride permit him to ever return to Moonspear to make her his first conquest? He did not need to; Hydra knew he would do well enough without her, if that was what he wished, and she would understand—but to him, for him, she shelved her sin for the moment (though it raged within her, reaching to rebuild and shelter the ego that would feel its final lance of pain should he put his own first).
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
holy water running dry - by Dirge - June 16, 2018, 03:15 PM
RE: holy water running dry - by Hydra - June 17, 2018, 10:36 PM
RE: holy water running dry - by Dirge - June 18, 2018, 02:47 AM
RE: holy water running dry - by Hydra - June 18, 2018, 09:29 AM
RE: holy water running dry - by Dirge - June 18, 2018, 04:21 PM
RE: holy water running dry - by Hydra - June 19, 2018, 10:51 AM
RE: holy water running dry - by Dirge - June 19, 2018, 02:46 PM
RE: holy water running dry - by Hydra - June 19, 2018, 05:10 PM
RE: holy water running dry - by Dirge - June 19, 2018, 05:57 PM
RE: holy water running dry - by Hydra - June 19, 2018, 09:20 PM