Lost Creek Hollow In the morning she said "Listen,"
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance was a little baffled by all the questions. though he couldn't read ibis' thoughts, he at least inferred a small portion of what she was thinking. granted, he didn't truly know the extent of it... what had seabreeze told them? or, maybe, what had seabreeze failed to tell them? what was simply a lack of perspective, on either side? 

but, ibis' questions... what made treason better than seabreeze? why had he chosen her over her mother?
truth be told, he hadn't. it'd been... almost a year, pretty much, since seabreeze and terance had split. maybe not quite, i don't know the dates, but in wolf time it feels like a long ass time. he tried to tread carefully, but he also didn't want to lie to ibis.

silently, after noting her shift in expression to his comment (probably the bad word, whoops) terance wondered what kind of ship seabreeze led over in elysium. it was probably pretty lax... all seabreeze had done in the last few months at sunspire was sun bathe with olive... and he somehow doubted much had changed. but was she strict? stern? playful? or did she just sit on the stones all day and hum? terance wanted to ask, but ibis was not the wolf to ask -- and now was not the time. either way, his parenting style was apparently a big shift. he wondered if this was the best move for her, or if she'd be overwhelmed just as quickly as she'd made the decision to stay and pack up to head home. 

he hurt thinking about it. 

"i like her a lot," confirmed terance, who had not used the L-word with treason, or vis versa. it didn't feel necessary, or important to her. maybe it was and he was missing a big ole sign? who knows. either way, they'd get there when they got there. he tried to play out his answers to her questions in his head, how she might react. to terance, now, there was no one better than treason. but he didn't compare her (in that way) to seabreeze. "your mother is incredibly smart and very pretty," he reached to nose her and added in a gentle croon, "almost as pretty as you." 

and then he pulled back, giving a gentle sigh. "your mother left me a long time ago... i missed her, and you and your brother, every day. but seasons change, wolves change, and we grow up a little bit. eventually i just... grew closer to someone else," he said in his best attempt to explain -- but terance was historically no good with words. "treason and your mother are entirely independent from one another." 
Messages In This Thread
In the morning she said "Listen," - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 17, 2019, 05:26 PM
RE: In the morning she said "Listen," - by Terance - March 18, 2019, 12:45 PM
RE: In the morning she said "Listen," - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 18, 2019, 06:29 PM
RE: In the morning she said "Listen," - by Terance - March 18, 2019, 08:35 PM
RE: In the morning she said "Listen," - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 18, 2019, 11:53 PM
RE: In the morning she said "Listen," - by Terance - March 19, 2019, 09:40 AM
RE: In the morning she said "Listen," - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 20, 2019, 10:23 PM
RE: In the morning she said "Listen," - by Terance - March 20, 2019, 10:46 PM
RE: In the morning she said "Listen," - by Ibis (Ghost) - March 20, 2019, 11:17 PM
RE: In the morning she said "Listen," - by Terance - May 03, 2019, 09:48 AM