Lake Rodney the hero of our own story
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
That is your perception,  she drawled, and you are more than entitled to your own opinion. But typically, ones speaking on anothers unhappiness speaks more to their own, she drawled pointedly, looking to her paw for a brief moment. What perceptions had Wraen dealt with that she cast it upon others so liberally? Well, now Hydra knew. And as for stories... Hydra felt she had come to learn yet another thing. 

Hydra felt certain she knew the nature of the stories Wraen told. One need not explicitly name names, to gather what things alluded to. They must have been brilliantly told, Hydra acknowledged. Arcturus, the gullible. The naive. Yes—he would be far happier with Wraen. 

I do not know what was said between the two of you. But what I can say that the loss of Arcturus made no one happy. Old, or new members alike felt it keenly. Still, I find myself looking for the shadow of him upon the borders, marking the land on his patrol, a fond memory that replayed in her mind. Hydra had not stopped loving him. I do not know if you have ever faced a loss such as this to understand it, likely not—it was Wraen that always did the leaving. 

As far as her words being warped and misunderstood? Hydra doubted it, given what she knew. There was no argument there, only facts. And that their way was not wrong was news to the matriarch, at least coming from Wraen's own mouth. All that Wraen had ever done beforehand was undermine it all, and those within her ranks. But at last, there was no insult at all here. Perhaps, then, Hydra had somehow gotten through to her even if in some small way. 

I thank you, she drawled, and added in earnest, and I hope Maia recovers swiftly. We will keep an eye out, for the wolf that did this to her, she hummed, turning then on her heel to return home.

last from me, thank you for a wonderful thread <3
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 11, 2020, 04:39 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Hydra - November 18, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 10:29 AM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Hydra - November 18, 2020, 12:40 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 01:00 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Hydra - November 18, 2020, 01:34 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 01:56 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Hydra - November 18, 2020, 03:11 PM
RE: the hero of our own story - by Wraen - November 18, 2020, 03:23 PM