Deepwood Weald cross straight lines going where the wind blows
19 Posts
Ooc — Laur
All Welcome 

He could barely discern between each of the different forests his travels took him through. To him, they were all just a mess of spindly trees and haphazard branches, each and every one stripped of leaves and missing all the greenery that made forests so pleasant. This one was no different. He picked his way slowly through the dead ferns and broken branches that littered the floor, searching for any sign of food. Or his family. He had no idea which one took higher priority.

It was early morning and a light fog had settled just above the ground, making navigating the forest even more difficult. Usually Remmy revelled in quiet, but this particular silence was near deafening and certainly eerie. He kept his footfalls light, breathing ever so softly, the feeling of being watched growing stronger as he unknowingly wandered further towards pack territory.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Gray decided to approach the young wolf almost as soon as he saw him. Mainly because he looked lost, but also because Grayday was a little lost, himself. He didn't know these lands too well, and a little company was well overdue. It'd been several days since he'd last seen another wolf - the fishing she-wolf from the isle, more specifically. He'd spent the days since then searching for @Doe, unable to find her where they'd agreed to meet up so many nights ago. Her scent had been too dead to follow, and so he'd travelled up the coast for a time, before going inland in hope of a hunt.

"Lousy hunting from here to heaven," he said, stepping into the other wolf's line of sight. He was sure the other male must've known he was about long before he revealed himself. "How are you fairing, kid?"

He did not know that - miles away - his missing companion was talking to the stranger's cousin.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
19 Posts
Ooc — Laur
Deirdre may or may not still jump in!

The feeling of being watched only increased as he walked, and Remmy found his gait dwindling until he realised he was barely even moving. He had froze to the spot, one paw extended before him as his hackles raised instinctively. Slowly, his orange gaze glanced from tree to tree, looking for the source of his paranoia. It was only when a scent of another drifted his way and the stranger revealed himself that Remmy became unstuck.

He scuttled backwards in fright a few steps, shoulders hunched and tail tucked, before looking up to the man with wide eyes. To his relief, the stranger seemed friendly enough at first glance, not a particularly massive wolf, with slim limbs and a fluffy, stormy-grey coat. His question was met with silence for a moment before the boy managed to utter a, "w-well, sir." Though it was clear he was far from it.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
No problem. If Remmy doesn't want to hunt, he's on his way out. This was just gonna be a cameo on his was to STM.
Gray hesitated a moment, but in the end, sat down in front of the younger wolf. "I'm looking for a she-wolf named Doe.  If you've seen her - that would be great. But if not... I'm not really busy. Are you hungry? Need a hunting partner?"

He hoped the young wolf would take him up on the offer - he was a little thing - but had a feeling he would be denied. It would twist his heart up to leave the other in such a condition, but that was the way of things. He couldn't help everyone, after all.
What's Mine is Ours
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
the pale druid had been nearby to the to wolves, and moved through the weald quietly. as of yet the great beauty had not noticed them and moved with ease and grace, weaving through the wood slowly as she sought to learn it. she investigated the world for green, and every time she witnessed the hue she blessed it, and praised those that had helped her in her magick. her spell had been widespread; the wilds themselves were turning and coming to life again, and she was so pleased by this!

in the distance, she overheard a conversation; she drifted, subconsciously, nearer, but was not yet in sight of either of them.
19 Posts
Ooc — Laur
The other was considerably more relaxed than Remmy, who remained where he stood, staring at his paws while the man sat upon his haunches and spoke. He asked of a female named Doe, if he had seen her. The boy gave a quick, sad shake of his head. He had not seen nor heard of anyone by that name. He hadn't seen much of anyone, really. It was his second question that made him perk up a bit.

The older stranger was right in his feeling that Remmy may turn down the offer, but he felt his heart flutter at the thought of a proper meal and hesitated. It had been so long. "I..." he began, though his attention was caught by something off to his left. He wasn't sure what it was, but the feeling of being watched returned, and he moved ever so slightly closer to the male. "...I am, sir. I would appreciate that, i-if you want to."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Rolled to see if he caught anything for himself or Remmy... answer is no. Link to roll: http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=11893&pid=198399#pid198399
Grayday wasn't as hungry as he'd been earlier in the week - the meals he'd eaten had been small, but enough to keep him going. Now, he was more worried about the young male he hunted with. His companion looked to be in a bad way, and a good meal could make all the difference in such situations. But when both rabbit and doormouse evaded him, he decided to take a rest.

"Sorry about this. I'm normally a pretty proficient hunter," he sighed, lying down and resting his head on his paws. "I keep getting this feeling, though... It's almost like - " His sentence ended abruptly, and he glanced warily at the younger wolf. "Well, never mind. Do you want to have another go at it?"

He had not yet noticed the ghost in the woods.
What's Mine is Ours
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
as she wandered, a rabbit suddenly burst past her. deirdre moved to catch it and frowned at her clear and obvious miss--she was no adept huntress, yet, and learning in times of famine were difficult indeed! yet then she heard the piteous squeaking of some fearful critter, and deirdre found it. spirits, aid me! she thought as she dove toward it, and when she felt it in her mouth squirming, she let out an excited yeep! and crushed it. looking to the sky, she thanked those that had come to her to bring her such a bounty, small though it was. anything was enough!

the sound of voices brought her to--she was not so far from the others at all, and thought to linger in the backdrop before deciding it would be best not to do this, lest she be seen as eavesdropping. and so the fine-looking deirdre emerged from the break in the forest, her eyes falling and holding fast to remmy whilst an ear turned to grayday, the very voice that she had heard. the mouse hung limply from her teeth, swinging and caressing her whiskers the way it swayed, and her head then turned to observe the other man there.
19 Posts
Ooc — Laur
His stomach twisted in anticipation as the male led him on the hunt. He expected only small game; it was all that was left, really. Though even a simple grasshopper would be enough. Anything to stop the ceaseless hunger. After two failed attempts by the helpful stranger, however, his hope quickly dwindled and the boy's ears fell back sadly. When the male lay down with a sigh, Remmy sat next to him with another shake of his head. "No matter, sir. I...I cannot hunt very well," he said, offering the smallest of apologetic smiles. The critters were fast, and he knew he had neither the stamina nor skill to chase them down.

Uneasiness returned at the other's words and wary gaze, and Remmy looked into the forest again, feeling his chest tighten. They weren't alone. In the distance, barely heard, there was the quiet sound of a chase, a soft squealing sound, and then footfalls. The Ferretti moved back, rounding the older male to place himself behind him. "I-I think we should g—" he began to say before suddenly a ghostly white figure revealed herself. Remmy caught his tongue abruptly, staring at their unexpected guest, holding her green eyes for only a moment before he saw the tiny mouse hanging from her grip.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Bumping up to the present, for Grayday.
The resignation in the younger wolf's voice nearly broke his heart. He desperately wished there was something he could do to help. It seemed like the only thing he'd been able to do was waste the other male's time.

"I'm so sorry, kiddo," he said with feeling, leaning over to swipe his tongue over a patch of dirt on the boy's cheek. He wanted to take him home and clean him up. Maybe see if there were some scraps at the den he could have - even dry bones with a bit of grisle would be better than nothing. It was a tempting thought, never mind that he'd barely been accepted by the Silvertip Mountain pack. "I wish I could be more help. I'll stay with you until we can get some sustenance in you, if you don't mind..."

He trailed off, though, hearing some of the same sounds as his companion. His ears flicked in surprise as the pale little girl ghosted between the trees, and he wondered once again at the unearthly paleness of a white wolf's coat. So many lived here, for him to have never seen one before. Was it something about the land, or just his rotten luck?

The little shewolf smelled of other wolves, and Grayday took a huffy breath, searching for a familiar scent. Quickly determining that the girl hadn't been around his lost friend, he sat back and watched, content to let her approach in her own time.
What's Mine is Ours