Ankyra Sound If you've got a dream, don't wait, act. (Got it memorised?)
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
All Welcome 
Returning thread for Slancio and AW for all members of Saltwinter. Mostly for @Caiaphas and @Ondine though

The wind whistled through his head and his heart, liquid silver notes falling upon the ground where his heavy paws hit the ground and the steady beating of his heart. Above the sky was painted a soft rose tinged with fading shades of cream. Far out, beyond the distant horizon, shades of azure and lavander peeked out, announcing the upcoming arrival of the sun. Below the ground was a vast sepia, brilliant sprouts of spring and pine greens surging from the ground. At last the once familiar view of the coast broke out into his vision, the beautiful view he had once enjoyed flooding through him as emotions flowed from his heart.

He had no place here now, of that much he was aware. He had known long ago that returning here was a gamble on his part. From the moment he had stepped out of the territory to make his way back to his origins, Horned Owl Valley, he had in essence, abandoned and betrayed Saltwinter. But as the shrill cry of screech owl had woken him up, and he had seen it flying near the coast, he had not hesitated before leaving. The only owls that roamed near the wilds were of his valley. The screech owl was a bad omen, and they were not coastal owls, and to see one flying along the shoreline was enough for him. 

In the brink of dawn, just like the backdrop he had returned to the grotto as of the current moment, he had left. Stolen away before the first drop of light could change his mind. A soft trail of pawprints were the only indication he had ever been there at all, and he knew they would be washed away before Saltwinter would wake and find him gone. Straight out of teekon itself, he had returned to a land of chaos, his hopeful wishes shattered as he saw that the famine had struck his home too. The lush forest of his former home had been stripped of it's glory, trees bare of the plentiful owls that roosted there.

He chose to stay and rebuild. Helped strengthed the remains of his family before they could survive on their own. The thought of staying tempted him sorely, as he was met with the loving care of his kin. Yet he set out, wandering farther and farther until he had found himself back at Teekon. There was no place for him in these wilds yet except for Saltwinter, and at an ironic twist Saltwinter was where he had no place to be now. So he gambled, with fate and his life, to make the return trip. The days dragged on, and his footsteps grew heavier with his heart. But there he was, fully in view of anybody along the coastline. He was ready to accept whatever was coming, no matter the outcome of the next page in his life.

The first sign of dawn, a royal shade of sunrise, appeared from the faraway horizon. It bursted out from beyond like the emotions in his heart now free from their cage. There was a certain air around him now, as if all the heaviness he carried with him had grown wings and taken to the sky. A gentle ease washed over him, just as the soothing waves lapped onto the shore. He felt softer, lighter than he had been for the past weeks, releasing his burden. Strangely, while his end may only be moments away, and he may never see this view ever again, he felt a small smile come onto his face.

So with the background of the arising sun and pending day, Slancio sat and waited.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Ondine was doing fairly well. She barely knew anyone, had trouble sleeping, and playing in the sea was not as fun as it used to be. Constant thought about Bain were spooking through her head, haunting her every dream and driving her to the insane and obsessed. Somewhere, deep down in her heart, she knew that she was not made to be loved. A siren, a waterwitch, was not what a man wanted. She wasn't pretty enough to be anyone's mate for life, and she doubted Bain thought anything different. But, no matter the consequences of her obsession, she felt great with her head in the clouds. So great, that she had not even noticed Slancio's absence.

Her white, sand covered paws tip-toed over the beach, eye and mouth covered in the blood of a rabbit she had caught just that morning. She was looking fabulous, without even knowing it herself. She curved toward the waves, letting them lap at her legs for a moment, before spotting Slancio. Her grin grew wider, and she instantly galloped his way. 

SLANCIOOOOO! She called out. 
"I simply... Don't remember."
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
saltwinter had survived the winter, and as time wore on members were cleaved from its heart like trimmings of excess fat. caiaphas had simply assumed slancio, like many before him, had gleaned what they could from the shore and then departed when they were able. it certainly would not have been the first time she had seen a member of her coven leave unexpectedly.

what was more unexpected, however, was his return: she had scented him on the breeze and when she elected to snake him out, heard ondine's voice break the morning silence. with a smoothness to her gait the siren queen made for ondine, who was presently enjoying the water's touch. she traced ondine's gaze until she bespied slancio -- the very wolf she had intended to seek out.

caiaphas said nothing, though the coldness of her gaze suggested an explanation was warranted.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
It wasn't long before he had scented the wolves of the pack, Ondine's riding high on the wind. True to his assumption, Ondine appeared soon enough, a loud bellow of his name. Raising an eyebrow, he wondered if she had missed him, or had even noticed he had been gone. He gave her a hearty grin as he neared, the sight of her cheering him up for the time being. At least one wolf around here was welcomed to his return, or presence. Snaking around her newly made scent trail though, was the unmistakenable whiff of Caiaphas, and he grew solemn.

"How are you doing, Ondine? Did you keep your sense of humour?" He asked, glancing out of the side of vision, waiting for the inevitable. Not surprised when Caiaphas appeared. He caught her gaze, sighing inwardly to give himself some preperation. 

"Caiaphas." He was proud to say his voice didn't hesitate. "I suppose my return was...unexpected." Slancio drew up from his relaxed position, forcing his muscled to seem relaxed, at least to the common eye. The question in her eyes was clear, and Slancio debated inwardly as to what to say. Maybe he should have practiced beforehand but it was too late for that now.

"I ran into some...family problems. I probably should have left a message. But urgency and all, you might know the feeling." He shrugged, settling for a more causal approach to the situation. "All I ask for now is a place back at Saltwinter. No where else in Teekon holds any significance to me besides here as of now." 
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
She carried her muzzle high into the air as she was noticed, a clear action of pure sass, as she stopped running and approached him with a giggle. I am not a comedian, but I sure am an actress. She said, letting her fake sass go as she moved to give him a wolf hug. You would not believe it if I told you what I've been up to. She said mysteriously, not knowing her leader was present. Only when she followed Slancio's gaze did she notice the siren queen, and immediately she turned and bowed, setting a few steps back for if she wanted to address Slancio.

She felt out of place now. What was wrong? Return? Slancio had been gone, and she hadn't even noticed. What a shitty friend she was. But your family is Saltwinter... She murmured a bit confused. Her eyes flickered to her alpha, awaiting what she was unexpectedly nervous for. Would her friend be sent away? She dearly hoped not. After Bain, he was the only one whom she could call a friend.
"I simply... Don't remember."