Oystercatcher Tide Pools On the path less traveled
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
backdated to January 13th! @Olive away we go!! Also anyone is OK to pop in!

Dakarai panted with happiness and excitement the familiar adrenaline bringing freedom flooding his veins as they headed further away from Teaghlaigh, on his and Olive's honeymoon. He was bringing her to a place that he found interesting, a bunch of tide pools by the coast that were usually filled with interesting little shelled critters. " C'mon darling, it's right around this cliff!" He said turning to her with a grin filled with an almost youthful exuberance. As they turned the corner he'd could see the hills of sand that hid the gathering of small pools of salty ocean water.

He led her forward until they reached them and he sighed, his rear end falling to the ground with disappointment. The pools had frozen over hiding their small treasures from the one woman who would appreciate them most. "I'm sorry...I expected them to still be liquified. Is it really getting that cold?"  He said somberly, afraid that Olive would be immensely disappointed. An idea struck him suddenly and he stood up moving over to one of the small pools and tearing up on his hind legs, paws striking the ice with a heavy this. He repeated the process again and to his delight the ice shattered, revealing the clear water and tiny shells beneath.

Using his nose he removed the ice so she could see the magnificent beauty of these things, he had brought her to her own little treasure trove. He waited eagerly for her response, for this was his way of proposing these shells and starfish were the ring that he would've slipped onto her finger if they were human.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
<3

Until the details are firmed up, I'm going to leave it a little vague about her change in rank!

Olive was a sensuous being — but in the most essential meaning of the world. The fae delighted in the world and all it's facets, imbibing the physicalities around her. The earth around them was captivating if one had the eye to see it... and not just the eye but the nose, the ears and the faculty to feel. With her darting, gleaming peridots she glimpsed the vivid colors of her milieu, from the jeweled cerulean tide of the coast to the looming darkness of the mossy, forested greens that comprised her home. Her ears were nearly always crooked at the top of her head as if they were satellites, scanning for scintillating sounds and tunes to inspire her. Touch... there was nothing quite like it, to feel her lover's hot tongue push her plush furs around and around or feel the push of the earth's crust against her paws. And, of course, her sensitive, black-tipped nares gave her more information about her surroundings than all her other sense combined. There was something so...  grounding about experiencing the world is such a way, with all its trials and tribulations and wonders. 

It was real and it was lovely, and she was off to experience the world and all it's mortal pleasures with her king. The excitement she felt brewing within her chest made her wonder how they had never journeyed together before. It was reasonable, she understood, as their whirlwind romance left little time for much else. They met and fell for one another in the span of a single, glorious night and from them on their love had been affronted by constant horrors and negativities. But still their love was unending, no matter what their life together had in store. Olive had convinced herself that Dakarai was a manifest vision of some god, sent to earth to shield her from the [very real and very possible] atrocities of existence and, at the same time, blessing the very earth she walked upon. It was all good. So, so good.

Her inked, kindred spirit led her down the coast and she trailed behind him, loving the sight of him and enjoying the ability to relinquish control to him. Since rising up in Teaghlaigh's ranks and being named red herring, the ability to sit back and let the whims of others overtake her own had been squandered. So Olive pursued Dakarai through the lands as would a pup, enamored and playfully nipping at his heels.

The two skittered upon the coast, finding a beach so iced and so blessedly still that Olive felt a similar sort of calm seep from her surroundings into her very being. The sylph exhaled heavily, her hot breath evanescing into the winter breeze, and grinned. Her lover seemed distressed over the wintered state of the scene, but to Olive it was perfect and beautiful. She watched lovingly as the practicality of his mien peaked and he crushed the ice with several strikes of his mighty paws, lifting the curtain of ice delicately with his nose and urging her to explore the trove he unearthed. 

The veil had concealed various crustations and shelled creatures beneath, dormant from the season. It was a veritable treasure trove of colors and life and Olive nosed the water, stirring the sands beneath in an attempt to wake the sleeping treasures. It was a wonder how life could persist and thrive where she simply couldn't, and she admired these small creatures for it. "They are simply... mesmerizing. What do you call them? What are they?" she asked, shifting her head to one side as if the new point of view would make sense of the obscured shapes and vivid colors. Then her sculpted crown lifted and she stepped forward, closing the space between her and her intended with a slight, feline step. Her maw nosed its way deep into the fur of his neck, finding pleasure in his warmth and the feel of his exquisite musculature underneath. Without removing herself, Olive spoke muffled words into his neck.

"How is it that you know me better than I know myself?"
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
As he watched her explore the treasures, he felt an immense amount of pleasure course through him. He was proud that he was able to make her so happy, and was immeasurably grateful that she loved him as much as she did. He was so deep in thought that he almost missed her question about the names of the small creatures and shells. "The shells without any creatures hiding in them are called Seastones. The ones with creatures inside them are simply named pinchers, or at least that's what I call them."  He informed her with an easygoing smile. He felt pride that he was able to teach her something that she didn't know.

Suddenly a great feeling came over him, almost heavenly. He felt an immense sense of calm, of belonging. This was where he should be, following Olive wherever she would lead him in life. Helping her when she needed him, and making her happy and content. As she came up to him he lay his chin on top of her head and ran his nose along the soft downy fur by her ears, breathing in the earthy scent that he loved. "Olive...My sweet Olive. I never want to leave your side. I want to make you happy until the end of our earthly days, to lead you into a life of peace and contentment. Olive, will you be my mate?" He breathed softly, his heart racing as he moved to sit in front of her, his eyes gazing deeply into hers and allowing her to look into his soul. 

If she looked into his eyes she would see the hope and fear, the pain from the past, and the absolute adoration that he felt for her. Please gods let her accept my proposal... He prayed as he remained ssilen, waiting for her response.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Infinity was theirs. It was so close that she could grasp it. Dakarai offered her the world and all she had to do was receive it, let him shower her in her deepest hopes and dreams, follow him into the light of heaven and deep into the soul of the earth’s collective conscious. Of course, all of this was available to them since the beginning of their coupling — but it was so real, so tangible, so existential, brought to life and immortalized in his question. Matehood was nothing but a formality when two esoteric souls were bound together by the eons, as kindred as the sun is to the moon. Yes, Olive had known that she and Dakarai were destined to spend a lifetime together mere moments after their meeting — for the gods would not create something as strong as their two’s immediate love and attraction if it were not something destined and divine in and of itself. Without  a second thought of moment’s hesitate, Olive responded.

“Yes,” she gasped softly. She was overcome and wished to not be parted from her mate for a moment longer. Olive moved to him, her maw finding the same spot against his collarbone. “Yes,” she breathed against him again, his dark fur concealing the emotion upon her face but ultimately was given away by the emotion in her voice. “Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.” In that moment, her world was Dakarai; everything she thought of, saw, smelt, heard, felt… everything she was deep down to the faintest essence of her soul. Olive accepted his offer of the world and vowed before the gods to stand beside Dakarai always.

She, very quickly, felt all the words and feelings that swirled in her head bubble from her mouth. The bantam shewolf backpedaled away from her lover, suddenly inspired. Her voice was light and bright, backlit and framed by the strength of fortitude of their love. Though the two were surrounded by death and cold, the world was perfect and she felt it strongly within her being. It felt as if her heart were vibrating, but just a little bit. It was a hard emotion to choke back, and she failed miserably.

“Oh, Dakarai,” Olive murmured as her tailed lashed behind her and she spoke vividly. “I will not only be your mate but your wife, your partner, the mother to your children. I will love you until the end of my days, until the end of all time — and even then, we will be one. You and I, we are the most solid and anointed thing that’s ever been. What the sun is to the sky, that’s what you are to me. You and I are as certain as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, just as the moon rises and the stars shine at night, as certain as spring is to follow winter, and summer to follow spring. You and I, were are the same… When everything else is stripped away and we are nothing more than our most quintessential self, we are the same. You will never be alone again. I simply won’t stand for it.”

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
As soon as she uttered the word, her acceptance of his proposal he drew her close rubbing his cheeks against her fur and placing frantic kisses against her face and neck. He felt no sorrow anymore, all remnants of his past lifted from his shoulders and he smiled brightly. Nothing mattered in that moment but Olive, his lover, his wife, his everything. He watched with interest as she stepped away and began to speak his ears flicking forward following her movements as he hung onto her every word.

Giving her a sly look he slowly closed the distance between them "I gained permission from Arturo to have children with you" he murmured warmly pressing his forehead against her neck and breathing in her scent. " There are... Some things we should discuss first. But I wanted that to be our gift when our love was made official" he put a bit of joking sarcasm on the word official to let her know their love had never been anything else.  "I love you. You are the air that I breathe Olive, you are my food and water. Without you I cannot live, no without you I won't want to live."  he said his voice breaking with emotion.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
He was lovely. She was lovely. His kisses were lovely. The sand beneath her paws was lovely.  How was it possible they everything felt so damned good? Dakarai’s mention of a family made her melt even further. Not only had she gained an eternal lover, her partner, but children. To be honest, Olive had never truly wanted children. She still felt like a child herself, in some ways. But she wanted nothing more than to be fat with his pups; this sudden change of heart did not seem strange at all. In all honest, it felt so natural that it could only be right.

“We can discuss it when the time comes,” she replied brightly, longingly, pitching away whatever discussion her mate had laid before her. “for I can think of no better wedding present than the promise of more little Dakarais to love.” Olive sighed deeply, starry-eyed and dreaming. She wanted matehood, motherhood, stability and love. She wanted it all! “Mates, are we?”  Her silky, greyscale banner waved behind her in earnest excitement. “Then you must divulge to me you every want and desire, every goal and dream you’ve ever had. It is now my life’s sole purpose to spin these into reality for you, so I need to know what I’m in for.” Olive felt lighthearted and bright, shining and easy — and though it sounded like she were joking, there was truth in her request. Olive would do just about anything for this man; she wanted to live her life to serve him.

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The lightness of the moment felt great, and so he plopped him self down and rolled over beside her. He gave her forelegs a tug with his jaws making her fall on top of him and he grinned "My desires have been fulfilled, all but one. I desire to have a family with you my love, which you will fulfill. I have but one goal in life which is to find peace, and that too you have fulfilled. I have everything I could ever need or want here with you." he said as he gazed into her eyes. Slowly touching his nose to her own, he gave a content sigh.

"What about you my love? Anything that you still yearn for?" he asked with interest, wanting to know so that he could get it for her.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive felt a smile tug at her lips as Dakarai divulged to her and said everything the lamb wanted to hear: she had given him everything, without even really trying. Simply by existing she had filled every one of his wishes [well, all but one… but that would soon be rectified]. Though Olive was certain that, as their relationship continued to grow, they would unearth each other’s unforeseen wants and desires… but for now, his words were so reassuring and eternal that Olive was certain that this was the essence of life.  

He rolled and pulled her to the ground and Olive fell freely, limply [in a way that only the ease she felt around him would allow her to do]. She landed on top of him, and if she were any bigger the sylph worried that she might have hurt him — but Olive was a slight thing and landed lightly, as if she were falling upon a pillow to go to sleep. She released a high-pitched sound of delighted and surprise, then suddenly gathered herself up, stood up and pinned her lover to the ground with a small, pale paw pressing into each of his shoulders. Olive looked down as if he were her captive… but then ruined her guise with a loving lick upon his nose. He was too irresistible.

Then Dakarai turned her own question back on her and she thought for a moment. Her own wants? Olive didn’t really live for herself; she lived for others. Olive had dedicated her life as peaceful crusader, to face darkness and sadness head on and purge it from the world. She did not do this for herself, but for everything around her [both living and nonliving] . It would be so nice to live a simple life, seeking only the delights and fruits and good things in life. Perhaps she were deluded in her self-sacrificial ways, but Olive believed she had a larger calling and that left no room for her own frivolous pleasures [Of course, Olive was being quite the hypocrite because she had done nothing but seek pleasures since Dakarai’s return].

“You. I yearn for all of you; the parts of you that I see now as well as the parts yet to come. I yearn for your future and… you have given me just that.” Olive spoke, her face almost menacingly, hungrily close to his. “Your every happiness is my every happiness.” She stated matter-of-factly, with a distinct nod of the head. Then, she transitioned to a jocular, more lighthearted tone. “So, I fulfill your wants, which in turn fulfills my wants. An endless cycle of happiness and satisfaction. I think we’ve set ourselves up for a pretty nice life together, huh?”

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
"two puzzle pieces fitted together" he said in a husky whisper of agreement and lifted his head up to touch his nose to her lips. What had he done that was so good that the gods had blessed him this way? His past was one of murder, violence, and revenge but not one of sweetness or purity unless you counted his brief time with Oxsana. The name felt so foreign in his mind that he blinked once and brought up her image. The image of his dark furred lover brought a sort of sad warmth, but not regret or shame anymore. Her death had allowed him to have this happiness and joy, and for that he would be eternally grateful until the end.