Stone Circle what else does this land hold?
759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Private 
The past few days had been eventful, to say the least. There was the evening escapade with Grayday and the awkwardly formal conversation in the garden with Steady that followed, not even to mention the difficult thought processes which Akuti had to sort through to avoid seeing either of them until she was sure of what she wanted to do next.

Easthollow had provided a home for her from the time when she entered the Wilds up until now, and for that, she would forever be indebted to her leaders. She had allowed things to become complicated despite her original intent, and now there was no way for her to take it back. She needed to get away from the territory for a while, though Akuti knew that a couple of months could easily turn into forever.

She sighed as she walked around her purple ladies one more time, gently rustling her fur in the flower patch. Lifting herself upright once more, she jogged toward the border and waited on its fringes before craning back her neck to call for the three superiors, @Steady, @Valette, and @Grayday to bid them each a formal farewell.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Everything had felt strange and muted since the midnight encounter a few days ago. Grayday had done his best to go on with his usual routines, not wanting to arouse suspicion and disliking the idea of others finding something to talk about behind his back. An odd and unfamiliar sense of paranoia had stolen over him, such that, every time he heard a call through the territory, he worried that it was the secret getting out, his shame being shared with everyone he loved.

And this call was especially alarming - one for him and the other two leaders. Part of him wanted to run the other way, to grab the kids and be gone. Or maybe to leave them, as another, more sinister voice had been whispering now from time to time.

But he turned and plodded toward it, knowing that there was nothing to be done but face the music. He reminded himself that he'd drawn no blood and broken no laws. He'd acted shamefully, selfishly, stupidly, but that did not mean he would be punished. Akuti could say what she wanted, and they could get this over with.

But as soon as he saw her there among the lavenders, he knew the truth of it.

"You're leaving," he said, holding his breath while he waited for it to sink in. But, as it was with most things these days, it never really did. The knowledge just hung there like a ball stopped unnaturally in midair.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
The howl that summoned the leaders was surprising to Steady, but he would heed it nonetheless. He paused for a brief moment to check out a scent on the borders, but after deciding it had been nothing of concern, he headed towards where Akuti had called. 

He caught up in time to hear Grayday's question, and he looked pointedly to Akuti. Was she going to prove him right about her? Was she leaving after she had promised both himself and Valette that she would not? Steady was almost surprised, but then he had this feeling about her since the moment he met her. He knew it was only a matter of time, and now that day had come. He was silent, feeling she didn't deserve any of his words.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Grayday came to the call first. His face was emotionless; a direct insult to Akuti. Perhaps that wasn't what he intended to do, but she couldn't help interpreting as such. You're leaving. The words were rough and callous on his tongue, as if rather than inquiring on the tiny sylph, he was telling her what he expected. She searched her mind for the proper response, though none of what came to mind seemed fitting for the painful salutations.

I'll be back, she told him, unsure of what exactly it entailed. She turned away from him, breaking her gaze so that she might be able to find Steady's. I'm sorry for leaving so soon, Akuti apologized with her ears flat against her head, but I would like to go on neutral terms.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday turned his head away from Akuti when he heard Steady approach, but he did not look toward the alpha. His umber eyes found a nondescript blur near his paws and focused on that rather than the scene unfolding before him, the uncertain twist of his ears the only clue that he was paying attention at all.

Silence reigned.
What's Mine is Ours
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Grayday said nothing, and Steady assumed the Beta was waiting for the Alpha's response. He wasn't aware there had been anything going on behind the scenes between the pair. An eyebrow raised when the female expressed she would be back. What made her think she would be welcomed back once she left?

Her apology fell upon deaf ears, for Steady refused to hear any of it. This was a scene that had played out all too often in the recent months, and he would not humor any notion that it was okay. You come here, profess your loyalty, promise you won't leave, and yet... here we are, he said, his voice laced in sarcasm and not at all warm. I won't humor your notions of this being neutral. If you want to go, go. But, I make no promises that you will be welcomed back if you choose to return. He went silent then, waiting for her to leave.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

759 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Ambassador
Ranger
Akuti stiffened and cleared her throat before turning away from the pair. This was not done with some hesitation, as if she were having second thoughts about leaving her makeshift family behind. One last glance was spared over her shoulder to meet Grayday's eyes before she sped up to a trot and made her way past the borders.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Feeling dazed and empty, Grayday continued to stare at the floor - though he saw little more than a blur, his mind unable to focus any better than his eyes. He missed completely the parting words that Steady offered her, and the final look that Akuti shot his way.

When she'd gone, his mouth curved into a tiny frown. He wasn't sure how to feel about the woman's sudden departure, but it didn't seem like a good feeling.

"She left 'cause of me," he said after a moment. Maybe to Steady, but more probably to himself.
What's Mine is Ours
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He bared his teeth as she turned, and stepped forward to follow her after she began making her way away from the pair. But, Grayday's voice stopped him. He turned to his Beta, confusion on his face. What do you mean? he asked. He never thought Akuti loyal to Easthollow, so her departure was not surprising to him. But, Grayday's admission that it was because of him was surprising.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday turned his head at the sound of Steady's voice and found himself speechless before the alpha. Inwardly he cursed his absent tongue, but he knew that Steady would expect an answer after an admission like that.

"We'd been getting closer," he said after a moment, his voice usually soft and hesitant. "And then the other night, she wanted... she wanted me to say something, you know? Make it real. But I couldn't." There was more to it than that, he was sure, but his carefully edited version covered everything he was willing to admit to. Except - "I guess she felt that I was leading her on. And I didn't mean to be, but I guess maybe... maybe I was."

There. He could admit to that as well, even though saying it to Steady left a cold, weighty feeling in the pit of his stomach. Head down and ears slicked back, Grayday waited for everything to start crumbling down.
What's Mine is Ours