Stone Circle tennessee bound
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day couldn't hold himself back any longer; he surged forward to embrace his son, gnawing affectionately at his skull as he did. He was just so big and handsome, and damn - Grayday had never been so proud. It was hard to believe he'd sired such a fine young wolf. (Dawn, of course, was equally amazing - but he'd watched her grow, and her new size and stature seemed somewhat less alarming for that fact.)

"Of course it's you," he fretted, bumping his skull against the taller boy's and making a general nuisance of himself and he hopped and circled and wiggled excitedly, trying to take in every angle of his absent son. "You're just so much bigger - you're taller than me!"

Finally, he calmed down enough to address his son more sedately, and to stand in one place while he did it. "I'm so proud of you, Sunny. You made it this far all on your own. You've really come into your own, my boy - I'm not sorry I tried to stop you going, but... well, it looks like it worked out for the best."

He shot the boy a wan smile, bearing down on the wistfulness that threatened to rise up in his throat once more. There was no changing the past - but he could try to prepare for a better future.

"We're all good in Morningside," he replied, tail wagging. "Your sister's been gone a lot, but she's doing good, too. Not quite as big as you, yet, but she's turning into quite the young lady." This was said with a wry grin, as he hoped Sunny would see the humor in calling Dawn a lady. He loved his daughter, but without a motherly influence in her life, she'd turned into a bit of a tom boy. Nevertheless, Grayday adored her.

"I wish you'd come and visit us," he added. "You've got three new siblings, you know. Didn't Dawn tell you?" He was a bit nervous, now. He was sure Dawn would've told him - maybe he just didn't want to see them?
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Messages In This Thread
tennessee bound - by Grayday Sr. - July 31, 2017, 09:13 PM
RE: tennessee bound - by Sunny - August 07, 2017, 08:57 PM
RE: tennessee bound - by Grayday Sr. - August 07, 2017, 09:07 PM
RE: tennessee bound - by Sunny - August 08, 2017, 05:49 PM
RE: tennessee bound - by Grayday Sr. - August 14, 2017, 08:42 PM
RE: tennessee bound - by Sunny - August 19, 2017, 08:20 PM
RE: tennessee bound - by Grayday Sr. - August 27, 2017, 03:39 AM
RE: tennessee bound - by Sunny - August 27, 2017, 03:04 PM
RE: tennessee bound - by Grayday Sr. - August 27, 2017, 06:21 PM