Blacktail Deer Plateau BTW
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
@ Grayday

She crossed Whitefish River and took her first steps into Blacktail Deer Plateau, the home of her new pack. She was both excited and worried as to what was to come. It was the first pack she had ever been in other then her birth pack and she thought the way she had come into it was somewhat weird. In her birth pack it was always the alpha who decided if someone would become a member of the pack. But Howl wasn't the alpha, Grayday was, and she had yet to meet him.

As she walked up the grass covered incline to the plateau she though she should try to find Grayday first. Howl had told her to do so, but she also wanted to meet him for her own reasons. After all, in a way he was going to become a center part of her life now that she was a subordinate to him. She continued walking entered the beginnings of the forest. Trotting threw the trees she looked for a male wolf with the discription Howl had given her, gray like his name suggested.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday was - as he could often be found, these days - lounging in the rendezvous area near the base of the mountain that backed the plateau. Easy was trying to bite his nose, and he was having a good time preventing her from doing so, even though the paw holding her back had suffered quite a few bites in the process. Hopefully, the tang of fresh blood would not attract his other ankle-biters.

Sounds of movement in the distance briefly distracted the male. His ears flickered toward the sound, but Easy's teeth soon stole his attention again. He went back to playing, discounting the sounds as another packmate's approach until an unfamiliar scent reached him on the wind.

In an instant, the male was on his paws, bristling and ready for a fight. A low growl rumbled in his throat as the unfamiliar wolf came into sight, but the scent of Howl on her pelt and her unassuming appearance kept him from behaving too aggressively. "Who are you?" he called, glancing behind him to see how Easy, Lavender, and @Dauntless were reacting to the visitor.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
As Pema continued into the forest she was unaware that she was drawing closer to the rendezvous site for Grayday's pups. She began to smell a new scent in the air one of another wolf. With Grayday spending so much time which his children his scents and the pups all seemed to mesh together at first and Pema assumed she would simply come across another pack member. But once Grayday came into view she saw that he infact wasn't alone and he was playing, or rather being played with. 

But only a few moments after she saw Grayday, he saw her. He quickly rose to his feet and let out a growl asking who she was. Immediatly she tucked her tail slightly and moved her ears back. Not because she was afraid, but because she wanted to appear submissive. She wasn't sure if it was Grayday or not, but he did fit Howl's discription. Even if it wasn't Grayday, being a new member to the pack meant she was one of the lowest on the totum pole and she should be submission to anyone she came into contact with in her first days. "My name is Pema. I was recently invited into the pack by Howl." she introduced herself. "I am in search of the pack leader, Grayday." she stated hoping that with his next remark she would know for sure weather or not it would be him.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Her words confirmed the leader's suspicions. He cast one last, warning glance over his shoulder before moving toward the woman, taking his time so that she wouldn't feel too cornered. He did not stop a polite distance away, but advanced until his chest bumped her side and gave her a thorough inspection. He sniffed curiously at the fur of her neck and the base of her tail, holding himself above her as he did.

"What are you good for, Pema?" he asked when he was done, retreating a step or two to give her a bit of space.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
He silently told the pups to stay behind as he walked up close to Pema. As he walked around her and inspected her she stayed perfectly in her submissive stance. This wasn't out of the ordenary as far as pack behavior goes, but Pema was nervious. She got the feeling like if he really didn't like what he saw he could simply chase her out. When he finally came back to stand infront of her he asked what she could do. 

This seems to be going just perfectly so far. She had wondered in on him with his young, who he would be especially protective over. And now he wanted to know what skills she had when she didn't have any. She took a deep breath building her confidence and calming herself so she could sound normal. "What every you need me to be good at. I know the basics of alot of things, but I haven't had the chance to focus on anything." she admitted. "But I'm more then willing to learn." she insisted. 

She wanted to make it somewhat clear that even if she didn't have a specific trade she wasn't going to be a free loader and she would do everything she could to help those within the pack.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Finally, he offered her a tiny smile an a way of his tail. "Well, we'll train ya up," he said, wanting her to see that she wasn't about to be thrown out on her tail. If you know anything about healing or herbs, though, that'd be mighty convenient, he added. He was coming to see that healers were not just useful, but entirely necessary to the health of a pack. His own parents hadn't placed a high value on the trade, but perhaps they hadn't been right about everything.

What are you interested in? he asked her. And then, realizing he'd been terribly rude, I'm Grayday, by the way. Pleasure to meet you, Pema.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
His dimenor seemed to change and his tail had a slight wag to it. At least he wasn't mad at her or anything close to that. He commented that he - or the pack, whatever 'we' meant in that instance - could train her if need be. But suprisingly he mentioned that the pack needed a healer rather then a hunter which Howl had commented on before. It was something very different from hunting, but it didn't really bother her. She did know some basic things about plants and even on the first day in the Teekon Wilds had thought about a plant she passed.

She shifted her ears back to their normal stance but still though to keep her tail realativly low. He asked about her interests and she began to think. Her eyes look around, as eyes often do when one is trying to think, almost as if its trying to will into ones brain for the answer. But as she looked around the pups behind Grayday caught her eye. She thought they were so cute and smiled uncontiously at them. "I like knowing alittle bit about everything..." she continued to look at the pups while she talked to Grayday. "but if I had to pick an interest it might be teaching. After all what's the good of knowing things if you're the only one benefiting off it." she said returning her gaze to Grayday. The mention of the benefit of others could also be taken as her desire to care for others even if she didn't know it herself quite yet.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"Teaching is certainly necessary," Grayday agreed, although - privately - he wondered what she would teach, if she didn't first commit herself to learning skills. Well, they'd take care of that. He was an old hand at hunting, and Sylvas could teach her to fight. They'd still have to see about getting a healer, but maybe one of the neighboring packs could tutor her. They'd have to wait and see.

"For now, we need to fatten ourselves up for the coming winter. This last one was a doozy, so I want us all to be prepared," he explained. "How are you at hunting, Pema?"

Even if she wasn't a skilled hunter, Grayday figured she'd still be of use. Sometimes, a hunting party just needed a wolf to distract the prey, or chase it toward the wolves that'd take it down. He wasn't too worried about her being a deadweight.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
It seemed like teaching out be something that would been need by the pack at some point from Grayday's statement about it. But at this time she though the only ones she could teach would maybe be the pups who knew little to nothing. Her basic knowledge to them may seem like she was an expert to them.

He went on to talk about hunting which Howl had mentioned was somewhat of a focus for the pack."I definatly know how. I caught some fish on the way in here actually." though fishing might not be seen necassarily as hunting persay. "As far as out of water specimans, I can hunt those too though there a little more tricky. I can definatly practice and work on it." being the leader of a hunting pack she though he must have tons of experience. "What about you. You must have tons of hunting experience leading this pack."
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday's ears pressed forward in interest at the mention of fishing. He'd only tried fishing twice, and both times had ended in embarrassment. It was always fun to meet a wolf that posessed the dexterity required for catching fish.

"Fishing is a good skill," he complimented. Why was it always women who were good at fishing?

His ears swivelled back as she asked about his own hunting skills. He didn't want to brag, but, "I'm pretty good at hunting," he allowed, trying not to preen. "It's always been one of my favorite passtimes. If you ever want some practice, you can always call on me." He'd have to spread the word about that. Their hunting party was not particularly organized, at the moment. They needed to get together and find out exactly what everyone's strengths were... as soon as Heartha was well enough to watch the cubs, anyway.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She smiled at his compliment towards her fishing. It was nice to know that he didn't think it was lesser then hunting out of the water. At least he didn't let on if he did feel that way. As she suspected he went on to talk about how he was a pretty good hunter and that he even did it for fun. Pema guessed she was fun in it as well, but it was reaslly in the the acomplishment of catching something meant that she was getting better and learning.

When he said that she could call on him for a little practice she responded with "Oh I'll be taking you up on that." she said with a little chuckle. He didn't know how much she liked to learn new things, but she had a feeling he would find out soon.

She looked again past Grayday's shoulder to see his pups waiting and looking over at them. "Who are they?" she asked. That question, always asked wanting a different answer then what its actually asking for.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"Oh," said Graydad, remember his children. He turned to go back to them, beckoning Pema along with a swish of her tail. "These are my whelps - Dauntless, Easy, and Lavender. Mind the grey one, she bites," he explained, teasing Easy with a snap of teeth in her direction. "Part of every packmember's duty is keeping an eye out for them."

He remembered how Moonstone had asked about the other members of his pack, and he figured it was a good idea to give Pema the same run-down. "I have an older daughter around, too. Her name's Dawn. And there's a boy about her age named Kieran - you'll probably meet him, soon. His dad is Sylvas. And we also have Heartha, who's gettin' ready to whelp, and a pale woman called Moonstone."
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
They walked over to the pups and Pema's tail began to away. When Grayday made the biting remark Pema opened and closed her jaws making a click with her teeth almost at the same time Grayday did. - I added this in because that literally what I did when I read it before realizing Grayday had done the same. - In responce to them being part of the packs dutie to watch she remarked, "How could I take my eyes off them. They're so cute." she teased to the pups infront of her as she lowered her head to their level.

As he went down the line of member in the pack she payed attention, but her gaze stayed on the pups. "I'll make sure to meet them all at some point. Hopfully sooner rather then later." she didn't want to have to go threw the process of explaining she wasn't tresspassing too many more times.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"They're cute now," said Grayday, giving them each a stern look. "Just wait 'til they get bored, though. We'll see how cute they are, then."

Of course, they were always cute, even when they were causing trouble - maybe even especially when they were causing trouble - but they didn't need to know that. He shot Pema a look to say as much, and then returned his attetion to his children, who were wanting to get back to the game they'd been playing before Pema's arrival.

"Well, come and see me when you're ready for a lesson, or if you need help finding someplace to sleep. We've mostly been sleeping in this area, since the leaf-litter makes the ground so soft, but you're welcome to sleep wherever you're comfortable," said the male. Easy was already jumping up to nibble at his chin. He batted her away with a paw before flopping over on the ground once more.
What's Mine is Ours
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Grayday teased as he spoke about the sure terrors the pups could become when they became restless. "Well I'll just have to keep you two entertained later on then wont I. " She caught Grayday's glance and rose from her lowered stance. That entertainment would have to wait for another time.

He spoke about a place to sleep and Pema thought about it a moment. She didn't really need a den for any reason, but it might be good to make on in advance for when winter came. Maybe near the rendezvous would be a good spot. After all it seemed to be the center of attention for the pack. She would be more likely to run into the other members of the pack her aswell as have a good view when the pups were playing. After all as a member of the pack she would have to keep an eye out for them now. A part of her though that even if she wasn't the best hunter or fighter the least she could do was keep her eyes open.

"I'll definatly keep that in mind." she commented on his remark to calling him for those hunting lessone. "I don't think I'll be too far away. I'll see you all later then?" she refered to Grayday and the pups around him who seemed to have grown bored just in the span of their conversation.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Grayday tilted his head back to look at Pema upside-down. Easy wasted no time in lunging for his throat. "See ya!" he cheerfully replied, flailing around a bit for his daughter's benefit. The two were quickly back to playing their game, and Lavender and Dauntless decided to join in this time. Soon enough, his attention was stolen wholly by the three of them.
What's Mine is Ours