The Sunspire obvious
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It was equally a relief and frustrating to hear that he had never thought about it. Why that was, she could not independently decide. Perhaps it was because she wanted to hear that he had thought of it, but only when it came to her? But then, Hydra hardly knew what being a relationship even meant. The intricacies of it all were lost on her, young as she was. She had become aware of her interest, so to speak, in those of the opposite sex—but it was Rian who had always kept a measure of her attention, for some reason. What was it? Was it his subtle accent? His dashing good looks? His humbleness, which was an utter contrast to her (perhaps excessive) pride? Oh, how could she not put her paw on it! 

But in some way, she had. Hydra was aware enough to realize she did not want to share Rian in any capacity with any one, as they spoke of relationships. Everything else he said kind of went over her head as she reflected on things herself—she totally missed the bit where he spoke of Liffey and Rannoch being close, else she would have guffawed on behalf of Lyra—though her ears did swivel when he mentioned Cypress, because she knew Cypress to be particularly important to Alya and Lyra both.

She vaguely recognized the fact that though he had called her his best friend, he had not said that he was interested in her, or that they were close—Hydra floundered at the meaning of this internally. Did this mean he only saw them as friends...? Well, hadn't he said as much? He literally had said, and she quoted, mentally, "I have never really considered anyone for myself..." and before she could swallow the word or the feeling, a disappointed, confounded Oh, came as a direct response to that, and looked away.

And as he asked about her, Hydra blinked. Maybe, she said, but none have come forward, so, I don't know... There were few that were smitten by the sight of her and her sisters, not that she would know it—and status meant much to Hydra, too, as she herself did not desire someone of weak mental constitution—and this did not mean shy... it simply meant they would be content to kill something along she and her sisters, be it a meal or a trespasser. 

Boldly, Hydra admitted with a sigh, It wouldn't have mattered, if they had—I was interested in you. She was never one to hide her intent, and in her design to have Rian all to herself but knowing, now, he was not interested, she felt she had already lost it all—what did it hurt to tell him this? Interested was the perfect word—the way he made her feel was strange, and she was interested in knowing why and learning more. What did it mean? And why was she so crushed in this belief he did not feel the same? 

Disappointed and somewhat flustered, Hydra picked up her pace.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
obvious - by Hydra - September 20, 2017, 02:48 PM
RE: obvious - by Rian - September 21, 2017, 12:45 AM
RE: obvious - by Hydra - September 21, 2017, 09:55 AM
RE: obvious - by Rian - September 24, 2017, 07:23 PM
RE: obvious - by Hydra - September 27, 2017, 01:57 PM
RE: obvious - by Rian - September 28, 2017, 09:58 PM
RE: obvious - by Hydra - September 28, 2017, 10:31 PM
RE: obvious - by Rian - October 02, 2017, 05:04 PM
RE: obvious - by Hydra - October 02, 2017, 08:04 PM
RE: obvious - by Rian - October 02, 2017, 09:28 PM