The Sunspire obvious
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
As she continued downward at a quickened pace, her mind raced—but none of her thoughts were logical as she overthought and wracked her brain for something solid. They were not thoughts of self-sabotage but thoughts that wondered at her own train of thought. He thought she was his best friend—she should have known then of his lack of interest, right? Or perhaps by his lack of visiting...? But she had not visited either, and she had been interested... 

Nothing really made sense, truth be told. Rian had been a handsome stranger she had always had a fixation with, and a possessiveness over without real reason. She had never forgotten the day he had helped her home—Hydra was no damsel, she had never needed help before, but the one time she had he had been there, and had not judged her for her lack of scouting ability (then). Since that time Hydra had taken care to cultivate those skills so she would not get herself in such a situation again, but he had not made fun of her for finding her once out of her element. 

Perhaps that was it, though; perhaps he recalled her, out of her element, and could not have feelings for her due to her awkward moments...? No, no, even then she was perfect...! Wasn't she...? Well, yes... 

She heard him follow after her, but Hydra, ever a girl with a flare for dramatics, stormed onward in a tizzy. But he made it past her and was, in fact, able to give her pause; she held one foreleg toward her chest and looked stubbornly away, mildly horrified that he'd need to have her relive her humilation mere seconds after inflicting it upon her. When all he could manage was questions toward her, Hydra sucked in a breath. While she wanted to be scathing, all she could manage was a very brittle well, it doesn't matter, does it? And she frowned as she attempted to step around him and continue her descent. Her lips twisted stubbornly. Of course it mattered—it mattered very much to her, but she did not want it to effect him. It was her first heartbreak, she supposed—she was very sorry that he would suffer through it in these next few moments.

But not sorry enough to verbally apologize. 

Expelling a breath, she looked to him and said, I can't name a time or a place, I can't give you a reason. I just know that I think of you, and I feel... what was it? I feel better. And that was something from someone who thought the world of themselves. It wasn't that he made her want to be better—it was just that he made her feel that she was that, somehow. Safer, stronger, better. It was the way he sometimes looked at her that confirmed it—without knowing it, she would give him that same look, as she thought the world of Rian. Hydra looked that way at him now, smiling and forgetting her embarrassment—until she remembered it. Forget it, she said with a laugh and a shake of her head.

And so she moved to step around him, really ready to get a move on. Ready to get home to her sisters and plan some boy hunt; Alya would organize, she was truly good at this. Hydra wished, now, she had payed better attention... hindsight.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
obvious - by Hydra - September 20, 2017, 02:48 PM
RE: obvious - by Rian - September 21, 2017, 12:45 AM
RE: obvious - by Hydra - September 21, 2017, 09:55 AM
RE: obvious - by Rian - September 24, 2017, 07:23 PM
RE: obvious - by Hydra - September 27, 2017, 01:57 PM
RE: obvious - by Rian - September 28, 2017, 09:58 PM
RE: obvious - by Hydra - September 28, 2017, 10:31 PM
RE: obvious - by Rian - October 02, 2017, 05:04 PM
RE: obvious - by Hydra - October 02, 2017, 08:04 PM
RE: obvious - by Rian - October 02, 2017, 09:28 PM