Blacktail Deer Plateau put 'em back up on the shelf
betcha you would have done the same
19 Posts
Ooc —
Random Event 
Her head hung low, ears perked and tail twitching with nervousness she tried very hard not to feel. She'd done this before, but that didn't eliminate the nerves that came with doing it again. The borders lay behind her now, and she'd avoid any fresh scents. A cache was her aim; anything to satisfy the churning hunger in her stomach. The stupid prey had gone off and disappeared, leaving near nothing for a single lone wolf. 

What Little thought to be movement had her stop and stand near on her toes, ready to flee. But it seemed to be nothing; she waited a moment, two. Dusk veiled her for the most part, though her presence would likely not go long unnoticed. She picked up the pace, searching for the damned cache she knew must be somewhere.
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Lavender was out at about, running through the dusk lit meadow. The two times of day she loved the most were morning and night. They both just glowed with color, then either got brighter or darker. Each time of day lead to something beautiful; one to sun and the other to stars. She was turning circles around herself at the moment, simply playing as puppies did, but once she tired herself out, she planned on watching the stars. She was simply fascinated with all things natural, the world was an amazing place.

She had tired herself out and was about to flip on the ground when she heard a rustling nearby. Her ears shot up and her head whirled around, her slender painted body jumping into the air and landing in the direction of the rustle. Hey? Is somebody there? She asked, feeling a quiver run down her spine. She liked being alone sometimes, but like most, being alone sparked scary thoughts in her head. Plus it was dark, there could be someone waiting there to attack her and she wouldn’t even know. Or if could just be easy, which was also likely.
19 Posts
Ooc —
Oh dear god. A child.

Even though she had been one herself not too long ago, Little was most definitely not good with kids. They were dangerous, too. Kids tended to belong to alpha's, who tended to be very picky about who went near them. She froze, thinking quickly; she could do nothing and risk the kid calling the alarm, or...

She moved towards the girl, smile on her face and all of her effort going into faking a perfect nonchalance.  "hey...um, kid! I'm new here, and I can't find the cache - do you know where it's at?" Oh hell, this was a terrible idea. She could just imagine the parent of this kid tearing around the corner and tearing her head off.

But she was hungry.
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Lavender waited a moment in frightful anticipation before she saw a figure start coming towards her. She backed up cautiously, but the other started to smile. She explained to Lavender that she was new and couldn’t find the cache. It seemed a reasonable story, and the coffee colored wolf looked nice... however. Lavender was an extremely clever girl, and she in no way trusted or believed the other. At least not yet. Puffing out her patterned golden fur and raising her head to seem dominant, Lavender gave the other a skeptical look.

I have never seen you before. An’ you don’t smell like us. My daddy usually shows newbies around, you should know where the cache is. She replied accusingly, though she still left room for the other to explain. There could be an explanation for this, but there might not be. In the bad case that there wasn’t, Lavender was already thinking of an escape route, her little head buzzing with thoughts.
19 Posts
Ooc —
She supposed that is was time for her to lie her little head off, for this girl seemed remarkably perceptive. She shrugged her shoulders, adding, "yeah, but he had to go check something out. he said to find someone else to show me around, but I thought I'd just find it myself. don't wanna be a bother, you know." This wasn't going to work. It was. No, it wasn't. She really should have stayed hidden, but it was too late now; might as well forge ahead with her bluff and see if she could still salvage a meal out of this.
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
The other girl explained herself, stating that Grayday had to go check something out. Check out what? Had the other just now been accepted? If that wasn’t the case then somebody should’ve found her and lead her to the cache by now. Lavender decided she would lay the other a trap, and if she fell for it, Lavender would know she was lying. If not, she could be telling the truth, or maybe she could’ve just gotten lucky. The pup smiled and giggled, as if she understood everything perfectly now. Oh so you just got accepted? Was my mom there at the border with my dad then, she usually is and I’ve been looking for her? She’s black with curly hair? She asked, her bunny tail wagging behind her.
19 Posts
Ooc —
 "well, yeah. forgot her name, though, I'm horrible at remembering those." Perfect; if she went along the girl ought to trust her. In no way did she think a child would be capable of coming up with a trap like the girl set, and she could only hope her lies would ride her out. She added, "maybe if you help me find the cache, I could help you find her?" The hunger was a stabbing blade in her, and she was fast turning to desperation. And desperation made creatures very, very dangerous.
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
As soon as the other female said that about her mom, Lavender’s eyes narrowed. She could run now, start hollering for her father and family to come and help her. But while she was an agile pup, she was still a pup. The grown wolf behind her would no doubt be agile as well, and could be faster. She might even try to kill Lavender, which would be bad. However if this other wolf was dangerous and she lead her straight to her family and something bad happened she wouldn’t forgive herself.

Sure! Thank you so much. Come on!  She said, and started off in the direction of the Morningside border. She started to get more and more nervous the closer they got, but when she finally was close enough to it, she whirled around and backed away quickly from the other. Standing her ground as best she could, she spoke, You have two choices now. Leave, or if you’re just a thief tryna take our stuff I’m gonna give you a second chance. If you really hungry, you’ll howl for the leader and join us. If you not, you can go. An’ if you start attacking me, I run an’ I howl.
19 Posts
Ooc —
At some point, Little realized that the girl was leading her back to the border, and halted abruptly after they had gone perhaps a hundred paces. The little bastard couldn't have been more than a few months old, and yet she had the scheming mind of someone far older than herself. She began her spiel, and Little's gaze turned venomous. "Here's another proposal, girl. I'm bigger, faster, and stronger than you, and howling won't do any good if you're dead. So you'll take me to the nearest cache right now, and I'll leave you and your pack alone." The latter was true, after this Little didn't want anything else to do with them; this was getting far too messy far too fast.
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
uh oh baby girl in trouble now :o

Lavender’s plan had actually worked for sometime! It was well thought out and everything, except for the end of it. While she had been adamant in stating that there were only 2 (and a half) options, there really wasn’t. She realized then, in her youthful ignorance that saying wasn’t always doing. The other wolf pointed out the major flaw and suddenly the small wolf was prompted with a decision. She could actually lead the intruder to the cache, but betray her pack in the process; or she could stand her ground.

Beginning to feel very fearful but trying her best not to show it, the red toned wolf flashed the intruder a frustrated look. That’s not- you can’t! Suddenly a look of fear and utter horror clouded her face. Her eyes darted to the empty space behind the intruder’s head as if something was there. Oh my god! She shouted, hoping that the other would look. If she did, Lavender planned on making a break for it and screaming. If not, she would still make a break for it, just without the head start.
19 Posts
Ooc —
 shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

She launched herself at the girl, seeking to land on her hard and grab hold of her scruff quickly. If she wasn't initially successful, she'd keep lunging and chasing; the girl couldn't evade her for long. She just wanted food, goddamit, not to assault some kid. And yet here she was, waiting for the girl to submit to her and for her fangs to reach their hold in her scruff.
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
nope nope nope!

Lavender's last attempt had failed and she had no choice now but to run. She darted out of the way of the other's first lunge, and let out a frightened yelp, hoping to goodness that @Grayday would hear. She scuffled over her own feet for a moment, and started running. Unfortunately for her, the other was right; she was faster than Lavender was, and the small girl was caught quickly. She felt her entire body crumple under the weight of the other in a matter of seconds, and the intruder's jaws clamped tightly around her scruff.

Let me go! She said in a surprisingly low and gruff tone, that was full of ferocity. As she had proved thus far, she was a fighter. A small weak fighter albeit but a girl with a billowing fire in her heart. She partly knew she had to give up, but her pride told her not to. She thrashed about underneath her attacker, hoping her paws would catch some part of her attacker's body.
19 Posts
Ooc —
It seemed that, in her times of great stress, ideas came hot and fast. She held down the girl with all her weight until she'd calmed down, and then began to talk around the scruff she held tightly in her maw. "I'll tell you the truth, kid. I've got this disease, and I'm dying. Makes it difficult to hunt, so I'm raiding caches. Now, tell me where the nearest one is and I'll go; I just wanna live a little longer." She remembered the mad wolf she had seen once, twitching and frothing at the mouth. It wouldn't be much of a stretch at all for others to believe she was horribly diseased, and act a little more gingerly around her.  
He had it coming
He only had himself to blame
If you'd have been there
If you'd have seen it
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
It was the scent of another wolf that drew him out to the borders, and the scent of his little girl alongside it that made him break into a run. Part of him was convinced that his daugther wouldn't approach a strange wolf without his scent there to vouch for them, but another, more cynical part remembered the way Sunny's blood had tasted in his mouth that day at Easthollow.

Soon enough, he arrived on the scene and found that his instincts had been correct - Lavender was in trouble.

Without waiting or attempting to negotiate, Grayday lunged for the other wolf's flank. He couldn't quite see where she had hold of Lavender, but it would be a stupid wolf that held onto a weaker opponent when being attacked from behind.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Lavender only barely heard the words of her attacker, the foremost thought in her mind was escape and finding help. However she did hear the part about her telling the attacker where the cache was. She snarled, No! My pack needs it for winter! You are a cheater! Just then she felt the teeth in her neck loosen and the weight fall away. It was a good thing too, because she had been feeling the skin break on her scruff, and it wouldn’t have been long before she could’ve gotten seriously hurt.

She scrambled to her feet as quickly as possible, whirling around to see what was happening. It was Grayday, her father to the rescue. Breathing heavily, she watched from the side. A lot of her wanted to join the fray and help her father, but she knew that would be useless, so instead she stayed back, silent.
19 Posts
Ooc —
Perhaps she was stupid, or simply mad, but for whatever reason, she didn't let go. The tearing pain in her flank was sudden and sent hot-red fear through her, and she attacked the thing visible before her. Her fangs released the girl's scruff for a brief second before her fangs tore at the girl's shoulder and back, frenzied, before her brain caught up with her. 

She spun now to face the other attacker, lunging wildly at the face of the male in what she hoped would be a successful attack, her mantra beginning again in the back of her mind.

shit shit shit shit shit shit
He had it coming
If you'd have been there
If you'd have seen it
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Even at close quarters, he was unable to see exactly what was going on ahead of him. His sight had been rapidly degenerating as the weather turned - whether this was cause or coincidence was anyone's guess. So while it didn't affect his vision all that much, it hurt when a sharp tooth came down and pierced his left eye.

A pain-filled yowl tore out of his throat, and he lashed out with ferocity he'd rarely known in his relatively long life. This wolf had hurt him, had hurt his child, and the male knew nothing of mercy in those moments.

He bore down as best he could on the stranger with his larger body, doing his best to protect his throat, but otherwise paying no mind to the injuries he might receive in return. A thousand scars were worth the death of this creature - this beast that'd tresspassed on his land and laid teeth into the tender flesh of his girl. Grayday lunged for the nearest part of the other he could grab onto, intending to shake it until something came loose.
What's Mine is Ours
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Lavender didn’t really feel the brunt of the pain until she had backed away and found safety. As her muscles had un-tensed, and her mind swarm began to disperse, her back began to feel as if it was burning. She had never felt this kind of pain before it made her wince in pain. However she didn’t have the heart to turn and look at whatever the damage may be. She bit her lip and took the pain though tears had begun to well in her eyes. She continued to watch her father fight, wishing there was something she could do to help him. She felt her heart skip a beat when he yowled in pain, as a horrible thought passed through her mind.

She should’ve been smarter! This was exactly the kind of thing she’d wanted to avoid in her schemes. Putting her safety second she had lead the intruder back to the edge of the territory, far away from her family and their much needed food. But her plan was what’d in part caused this, and now she was beginning to feel guilty. She shouldn’t have howled for her father, she should’ve just shown the evil girl to the cache. Perhaps then he wouldn’t be in pain, never mind her own burning back.

The small hurting child let loose a long, loud howl for the rest of her pack. They needed to be here, helping her father. As soon as it finished it stifled into a choking sob as she let her age catch up to her. She cried now because of her pain, and guilt and fear, standing and shaking as the fight continued.
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

Although the newlyweds were often found in one another's company they didn't feel the need to be permanently attached at the hip. They still had lives and jobs and that morning Catori had started her day with the same ambitions as always. Mapping out more of the plateau, doing a round of the borders, maybe catching something - but she hadn't finished off even half of what she'd wanted before she heard Lavender's panicked howl and set immediately towards the girls location. 

Catori was made for ranging, for moving, and she used her blessed speed to propel her towards her targets as quickly as she could. The scene she found was one that set her right to edge, the metallic scents of blood and quarrels making her bristle indignantly. She wanted to help Grayday but she had to tend to Lavender first. "It's going to be alright sweetheart," Catori said softly, pressing herself between the young pup and the scuffing adults. She seemed to have some cuts and tears, maybe nothing too horrific, and Catori nudged her muzzle gently. "Get back to the den, with you siblings, go as quick as you can and we'll be right there." She urged before she turned to face the squabble between the two adults. 

Catori didn't hesitate between launching in on the assailant, careful to make sure she didn't sink her teeth into Grayday, her aim to hit into either a flank or shoulder - just something solid. The avid hunter had no intentions other than to maim and then kill. There would be no walking away from what had been started. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
19 Posts
Ooc —
Her fangs tore through something soft and weak, and she recoiled, gaining slashes on her chest and shoulders. She yowled, spinning; not fast enough. Fangs caught her tail, and shook, until it did indeed come loose; she screamed as pain ripped through her. But she had no time to recover, as a second assailant joined the fray, fangs connecting with her haunch. She bolted; pain driving her towards the borders with lightning speed, desperation making her all the faster as she raced from all her mistakes.
He had it coming
If you'd have been there
If you'd have seen it
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Catori arrived; the intruder broke away.

Grayday tried to race after the latter, but promptly ran straight into a tree. By the time he'd shaken off this sudden blow, the shewolf was long gone.

"Lav - " he choked, still feeling woozy. He stumbled his way toward the bright, ghostly shape in the trees. Too big to be his baby. "Cat?" he swayed where he stood, his head spinning, a strange black void in his vision. He was going to pass out. The pain was overwhelming. "Where'she? Baby? Get Genie. Raid. Healer."

His breaths were coming in uneasy huffs, and then he was gagging up the day's meal.
What's Mine is Ours
awake my soul
99 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Lavenders cries grew louder and louder as  the fighting continued, every thought in her mind breaking apart to one. Pain. Her pain, her father’s pain, just pain. She just wanted it to stop already. Her legs were shaky and promised to let out if she didn’t get help soon, and thankfully she did, Catori appeared by her side, her voice comforting to Lavender’s ears. The girl’s cries ceased quickly and she listened to her, but her eyes were still frozen to her fighting father and the tears still ran from them.

But my daddy... She weeped, practically blubbering. She didn’t want to go, but she knew she should. She turned and raced in towards her home, though she only made it halfway there before collapsing into a shaky mound of painted fur. She was too tired, hurting and afraid to continue on, so she waited there, and cried.

I’ll move on into the other thread now.
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

"Be fast honey, fast as you can." Catori urged the girl before Lavender took off - even if she only made it past the brush she was relieved that what came next Lavender didn't see. 

She didn't know how the wretched creature got away not only from Grayday's fangs but her own and Catori was left spitting out the hunk of flesh from the other wolf before it turned what tatters of tail it had left and ran. She gave chase, making it further until she'd heard the yelp of Grayday and rounded back once she was certain that the stranger was gone. She pressed herself to Grayday's side, chest heaving. "I sent her back to her siblings," Catori said quickly, working to try and settle herself but she just couldn't. Not right then. 

She winced as it became so much more than what Grayday could handle, not moving from his side until he'd stopped his heaving. "Come on. I'll call them once we've seen Lavender and get you both tended to." She said before she prodded him into moving, taking their time as much as they could even with the urgency of the moment. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.