Blacktail Deer Plateau Health Class
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Grayday began the conversation about mating and the females going into heat, offering protection if anyone needed it. Aviana may have expected a female to say something, but instead a male did. Aviana's ears perked, and then flattened on her head as others pipped up against him. Aviana had thought it was a joke, but others didn't take it that way. Maybe they knew him better than to joke about it. Aviana hadn't been concerned about any of the males here, as she trusted Grayday. But, a little bit of doubt began to seep in. Little did she know, she would need not worry after the meeting. 

She had been prepared to lock herself in a den for the duration of her heat, only coming out when she absolutely had to. With her history, Aviana could not afford to be near any males, but she didn't want to leave the protection of the pack, either. Turning her attention to Grayday, she waited to see if more would be said.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac knew that she didn't have to worry about mating season because of her age so the yearling watched the older ones talk and some ask questions, she noticed how mad wolves got when Engel said what he did and she didn't know why. Perhaps they had good reason.
"Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them" "Swahili" "Normal "  
Maplewood
39 Posts
Ooc —
Sybella knew that it was hard to fend off males when a female was in heat and the three year old knew that she might need a guard or some place to wait it out when it did come. "Could I possibly have a guard or somewhere to whether mine when it comes?" She asked when she saw her oppurtunity.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
More and more of the pack members gathered. It looked like every member would in fact be attending this meeting. Even the younger pups and Sorrel who wasn't in the best shape. Pema cast smiles towards everyone that joined in after her and waited for Grayday to speak.

Once he did speak it became very clear what they were talking about today. The up comming breeding season and any rules or concerns that Grayday had about it. He began by offering to give some of the members of the pack a 'crash course' on the subject. Something that Pema didn't neccasarily need, but she had never had intercourse before and she didn't think it would hurt to stick around with some of the others once this talk finished. 

The biggest thing he mentioned was that only leaders would be able to breed this season. That included him, Pema and Dawn and their subsequent mates. This wasn't a concept that was foreign to most packs and Pema didn't see any issue with this. After all, she thought, she was too young to have pups anyway. Dawn aswell for that matter, and that just left Grayday and Cat to have their own litter. Pema had no issue with this but wanted to see how others of the pack might respond. She didn't know of any realationships within the pack, but being told that you couldn't have kids when you wanted to, she imagined, would be something hard to swallow.

She heard Engels comment, but thought not much of it. She assumed he was joking and she remembered the conversation they had prior involving his tendency to flirt. But she could see why Dawn and Adi didn't like it too much, along with a few other members. She felt bad that his comment had brought him such bad attention as she often saw the good in people and didn't view Engel as many of the other pack members did.

Raid took a few steps towards Pema when Engel spoke, being one of the more skiddish members of the pack she thought it would be nice to give her some assurance. "He's probably just kidding around." she said quietly to her. She continued louder, so that others member of the pack could now here her. "I'll watch after you. And anyone else who would like it." she said offering her services. Maybe she could house some of the females in her den during their heats.

Day's messaged seemed to be being accepted rather nicely, with members of the pack stating their understand and offering to help enforce the rules. Dauntless's offer had to be the cutest and sweetest of them all. It seemed as though more people were willing to guard then need one themselves, she hoped this meant that they would be able to control themselves. It would make it alot easier on Pema, Day and Dawn to make sure the others were following the rule.

While Day was speaking she nodded along to let him know that she understood everything that he was saying. And nodded to everyone who offered to help.
Together we won't die
236 Posts
Ooc — Belle
The young hunter listened with his ginger ears curiously perked atop his head, intruiged by the idea of breeding season. He was too young, of course, but he knew what it was. He did not know how to partake in it, but he had little want to anyway - he wasn't really interest in actually doing anything, but he would like to learn more. He always liked to learn more about things, and this was no exception - and so when Grayday spoke of staying behind for a 'crash course' he decided he would. 

Then came the talk of guards, and Kieran flinched a little at Engel's words, biting the inside of his cheek. That wasn't going to go down well, was it? He was right. The wolves of Morningside shot angry looks at him and some spat irritated retorts. The yearling himself liked Engel, and although the words he spoke were not what he would have said, he did feel a small amount of sympathy for him. So he remained silent at that, waiting until the conversation switched back to guards.

"I can be a guard if it's needed." After all, any chance he could help out he would take.
English * French
But I know every rock and tree and creature
226 Posts
Ooc —

Catori had an inkling what was coming and when the edict was delivered, she felt a small rush of emotions. She didn't know how old Pema was, or if she'd had any interest in whelping, but, she knew Dawn wasn't old enough. That meant that her own litter would be the only to come in the up coming months and it meant there would be no worry or fretting over resources. 

Her eyes snapped to Engel at his poorly planned joke - or even worse if he wasn't joking, her hackles bristling a bit at the notion that he would make it known he couldn't handle himself. "Anyone who would like company I'll be happy to offer it. There's some quiet nooks and crannies for any of the ladies,"  Catori wouldn't pretend it didn't benefit her too, keeping the males away - but she also didn't think any of their own would be so stupid as to betray the laws of the leaders. "It sounds like there are plenty willing to step up and help out." For that she was proud, Engel's statement notwithstanding. 

She looked up at Grayday, not even sure she'd meet his eye - not then. Catori still was insanely proud of their group, for handling things so smoothly. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The leader squashed his anger, saving it for later, and shot his sons apologetic looks. It wasn't that he didn't trust them, per se, but that he didn't want anyone in a position of temptation. He had a feeling some of the women would be uncomfortable with a male guard either way. "I appreciate the gesture, boys, but we're going to try and assign other women as guards before the men," he said firmly. It was better for everyone, and would hopefully lead to some bonding (and not any cat fights, he prayed). He addressed the women once more. "I'll ask that no one leaves the territory while in heat. If you have any concerns, please adress them with myself, or with Pema, Dawn, or Catori. We are here to help you in any way that we can."

He gave a quick lesson on reproductive health to the gathered wolves, going over what sex was and how to do it. He reiterated that it would lead to pregnancy during heat, and that it was nothing to be triffled with unless both parties were completely sure they wanted it, and then released his audience to go about their days.

The pack had been dismissed, but Grayday called out to two individuals in a calm, even tone. "Engel. Adi. Come with me." His tone and words alike left no room for argument, and without waiting to see if he would be obeyed, the male began walking steadily through the territory, not seeming to be heading toward the pond or the Door, or any other landmark within Morningside's land.

His face was stony as he walked, but inwardly, his gut was churning with negative emotions. Guilt, shame, worry, disbelief - but mostly anger. Thick, hot, seething anger.
Grayday's last post. If anyone wants a follow-up thread, go ahead and tag me! Questions about his lecture are welcome lol
What's Mine is Ours
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The air among the group of wolves changed and became charged with anger and awkwardness. Aviana had never seem them like this, and it was interesting to see a glimpse into the wolves with their guards down. Everyone had been so nice to her, but in any family there was bound to be tension. And this tension seemed fueled by one male. Aviana had never met him before, and little did she know, she would not soon get the chance. That would have been alright with her, though. 

The ground began to disperse and Aviana turned to leave. She didn't know where she would be when she went into heat, but she did know she'd have to keep her distance from the males. She usually ate a good meal, and then hold herself up in a den until her heat was over. When she was on the move, it was the safest thing she could do for herself. For now, she knew she didn't have to worry, as it would be at least a couple months before she went into heat. As the time came closer, she would prepare.