Moonspear I saw the sign and it opened up my mind, and I am happy now living without you
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra remembered Wraen had got lost in the heavy snows. Yet another reason they ought not to head out in this weather; it seemed unwise for more reason than one. His fondness of the memory wasn't lost on her, and she tilted her head, curious. Did you like being away? He had come home; if he did enjoy being away, Hydra knew now that his familial ties were more important to him than anything else. 

She could understand that. 

Shoulder to shoulder, Hydra nosed his good leg lightly and peered at the broken one. Lyra thinks it is healing well, so hopefully it will not be too long where you are immobile... does it hurt badly, still? She asked with concern. When he asked his next question, Hydra looked thoughtful for a moment. Alya had very recently shared a story with her in regards to the very thing Gannet put before her. 

The Ostrega looked back to him. There was a famine, and I think your pack endangered ours with a risky move during some hunt. Moonspear wolves were collateral damage in a wolf named Peregrine's divebomb for a sheep that took a tumble. I wonder if anyone got to the sheep, Hydra looked thoughtful at that. Had causing this vendetta been worth the risk for that Peregrine? She had no idea that the wolf she spoke of was his father. Hydra glanced at him. My mother was pregnant with me, at the time, on top of that. If our family is endangered, my father isn't very forgiving. Hydra could relate to that. Hydra sighed. I don't know that that really effected my father's view of Redhawk, though. I think he is angry and hurting right now, and since he cannot get to Titmouse, he is looking for another goat. A scapegoat, she grinned at the pun, before frowning at the meaning.

Hydra looked to her paws. He is grieving. All of our family is, he knew that, though if he had not gone through it, not seen a life that could have been saved and been able to do nothing but see another run from it... he might not understand to the full extent what was being endured by them. I am sorry that it seems to be at Redhawk's expense. If it's worth anything, I have no desire to harm those at the Caldera. Just Titmouse. She looked away, feeling only moderately guilty about that. This was his brother, after all. But that she could not apologize for—just as she would not expect him to apologize if they were in a reverse scenario. To comfort him, Hydra thought to say, If it were any other pack, it would be just the same. They were lovers, and because of this, they were fighters.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal