Stavanger Bay Heaven is a stone's throw away
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
((Open to anyone, but maybe a @Sandpiper ?))

After following Raptor down to the beach, Rosalyn took her time enjoying the familiar scent of salt that flooded her senses.  It felt so good to be back on the shore, and to be able to relax there, knowing this group had at least some sort of claim on this patch.  If anyone nasty came a callin, she'd have backup, something that was always foremost in the mind of the smaller woman.

Now she stood with her fore paws in the water, enjoying the waves as they lapped up.  She'd gone hunting earlier and cracked a few oysters, but she was considering heading inland for a bit and see what kinda game she could scare up in the trees.  Maybe in a few, she thought, closing her eyes and enjoying the sun's relative early afternoon warmth.
i will wait under the tow like lions do
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
A figure caught Sandpiper's attention, its form lapped by gentle waves with its paws outstretched in the water. At first Sandpiper assumed it was Raptor and she strolled casually to him - only to realize the bather's physique did not match his, and the fur was distinctly different. Her ears flew forward as she became cognizant of her error.

INTRUDER ALERT!!

She picked up speed then, falling into a hurling lope towards Rosalyn with her hackles in quill-ends and her muzzle rent into a snarl. No stranger was welcome here - not on her beach!  She propped abruptly to a sliding stop, sand spraying from her bent hocks as she leveled Rosalyn with her best "GTFO" face to date.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
The sound of the ocean, combined with muffling sand, masked the other wolf's approach. It wasn't until her shadow came charging in that Rosalyn turned, instinctively flattening her ears and curling a lip defensively.  Her red color struck a chord, however, and realization mixed with disappointment as she remembered.  This must be the wolf Raptor had mentioned.

"You must be Sandpiper," she said, quickly but with a somewhat wet tone.  Obviously she hadn't gotten the memo.
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
The snarl that grotesquely spanned her muzzle suddenly lifted as the wolf turned to face her with a coolly uttered observation. Sandpiper paused and lifted her head, peering down at the supine figure with her brow knitted in vexation. How the fuck did she know her name? And more importantly who the hell was she?

Her ears pinned as she reassessed her position over the stranger: slowly the hostility in her posture ebbed and she stepped back so that her shadow no longerr ominously curtained across Rosalyn's dark liver fur. 

"Who the fuck are you? " She spat, somehow finding affront that her notoriety preceeded her.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
This one's a ray of sunshine. She thought as Sandpiper continued to glare despite her offhand greeting.  Rather than rising to meet her temper, Roz decided to behave herself.  Mostly.

As much as she ever did, at least.

"Rosalyn.  Met a fellow or two who asked me to join, and let me know who I might see around."  She stood and took a step back, out of the water, to face Sandpiper more fully.  "Have to say, you got the whole welcome thing down pat.  Very friendly."
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
omg please feel free to bite her

sandpiper summoned her frostiest glare as she awaited an explanation for the dark-umber wolf's omnipotence. something about how rosalyn did not even rise to meet her irked the irritable girl (really, are there any surprises?) but she mostly focused on the identity of who this 'fellow or two' was. considering there were only two men in her life it was not a laborious thought-task -- she was fairly certain of the two males, raptor was the more loquacious one. typical, she thought, that raptor would flit to anything with a pulse. whether or not this thought was fair (it wasn't) was irrelevant to the red-furred female -- she was jealous, insecure, and had an axe to grind with anything that shared her gender.

"hmph." she articulated, glancing from rosalyn to the beach as if disinterested. in truth she was anything but, and for whatever reason felt threatened by rosalyn's presence. she did not miss the jab at the end of rosalyn's introduction, and she responded by training her fierce eyes on the female before flippantly replying in true sandpapery fashion: "yeah? i could show you what else i have down to pat, but you wouldn't like it. i'm assuming raptor found you? he does have a type." she did not expand on what that type was. mostly because she was bluffing, and for reasons she could not explain, very hurt that raptor was looking at other women.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
i swear this character writes herself I love it ;v;

As far as meetings go, this ran pretty much par with every female encounter she'd had here, save Red.  Her back was up with just about anyone, but for some reason, while guys jested back, other gals seemed to rise to the occasion.  It was maddening, yet delightfully enjoyable.  She always did thrive on drama.

"Oh? You'd be surprised the things I like," she said with a small wink, the tone as suggestive as the words implied.  More a joke at the moment, but hell, she never ruled anything out.    "And actually, fella who goes by Smokestep was first, though both were interested.  Guess they got an eye for quality."
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
The salty lass pursed her lips ss Rosalyn revealed the name of her recruiter. Unexpected, but not necessarily a surprise. Part of her felt a sense of relief, the other slight vindication. Whether it was warranted or not Sandpiper felt enormous possessiveness for both of the males in her band and this woman was the threat to end it all.

Childishly the Cairn girl made it a point to rake her gaze from bow to stem of Rosalyn's prone form, her lips twisted in a smug expression. "Any port in a storm." She declared quietly, getting ready for any physical retaliation. She certainly deserved any teeth that flew her way, but she had to establish now that she was Big Boss Bitch before Rosalyn got any ideas..  she was certain this rough edged female was wholly capable of tipping over the apple cart and Sandpiper wanted nothing to do with it.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
SAME BACK OMFG

Ooooh hoooooo wow she'd missed this.  And while it had certainly crossed her mind to retaliate in a more physical manner, it was a brief notion.  This was her sort of fight; less mess and effort, and more satisfaction in victory.  And for some reason, Rosalyn had the slight sensation like she was ahead in this exchange.  Perhaps it was her age, perhaps it was the fact that she (in her mind) was far more attractive, or maybe it was simply all in her head.  But it led a wicked grin to break out as she felt Sandpiper's eyes on her.

"Aye, and it's a port you'd count yourself rather lucky to shelter in."  Her tail gave a flick, and she eyed Sandpiper back with a raised brow.  "Though I'm not sure your up to the task, sadly enough."  Rosalyn was well aware this barb might be enough to send the other woman over her tipping point, so she watched carefully as it landed, ready to wheel about should something start up.  Now wouldn't that be a right perfect way to start her tenure here... kicking the shit out of a potentially well-established packmate.  Excellent.
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Sandpiper felt indignation roil in her chest as the female parried her riposte with an expert retort of her own. Part of the salty Cairn was thrilled to have a contemporary that could match her wit - the other part was deeply and relentlessly affronted.

She adopted a deadpan expression, trying her best to remain outwardly unaffected by the barb. She pointedly looked over the woman again before flatly issuing: "Not my type."

It was all she would say on the matter, and with a dismissive huff the tawny storm cloud turned to make her leave.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
feel free to respond or archive <3 my last!

It seemed words were more her opponent's style as well, because her retaliation was a deadpan stare and an affirmation of her previous comment.  Delight pricked at her as the other female turned to leave, and as tempting as it was to follow, she simply threw out a cheery "till next time then." Before turning to make her way in the opposite direction.

Truthfully, she knew there would be a next time.  Because as it tended to go, if there was to be a pecking order in this crew, she was gonna do her damnest to be on top.  Unless the competition proved itself stiffer than she thought worthwhile, age and experience lent her to believe the position hers by rights, and by overt or underhanded methods, it was a place she'd try to snag before time grew too long.
204 Posts
Ooc — lauren
dolefully sandpiper pulled an ear back at rosalyn's parting comment, but at that point she had already committed to turning and did so with an exaggerated 'i-aint-fuckin'-scared-of-nothin' saunter -- clearly the cairn girl was compensating for something but if you had of asked her, she would have said she was leaving with rightful swagger in her steps.

she wasn't really, and looked kind of comical as she put one paw in front of the other in a thrusting, jerky way like she was some epileptic chicken.

sandpiper didn't like how effortlessly rosalyn had denied her quips or how immune she seemed to be to belittling. disparaging someone down to their tiniest, most whittled form was one of sandpiper's only skills and life and she was at a lost that the dark-furred woman seemed impervious to it. of course, as she walked away all manner of insults came to mind a minute too late. for the rest of the night sandpiper would stew mentally over this encounter, and would probably hold a grudge for the rest of her miserable life.