Dragoncrest Cliffs With A Little Somethin Somethin
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Engel was on his way back from RSV when he scented the borders. So there was a pack here...he remembered why he had set out in the first place. To find packs along the coast. It was a pack. It was on the coast. A good job, he thought to himself. "First pack of the day" he then muttered to himself, before he sent up a call for any members of the pack from just beyond the border. He wondered to himself what they would be like. Kind, friendly? Or perhaps more likely to be grumpy? Maybe even a group of crazies. He had no way of knowing, but the ideas excited him.
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

the gona had worried that it'd be difficult to slip back into routine once she was home, but actually, it's easy. furi's back to patrolling with her and though they haven't really ... talked about what they'd talked about at redhawk caldera, she still feels like she's walking on cloud nine. isn't this like, the perfect situation? her family all back together and her best girl by her side? -- well, there's still the rose question, and come to think of it, she hasn't seen the other redhead since she got back.

the call of a stranger near the border distracts her from her thoughts. slipping easily into her protective position, the redhead trots over to the man, eyeing him critically. "why are you here?" she asks, voice sharp but not hostile. it's rare for them to have loners seek to join -- sans the times that furi brings them home -- and he doesn't look like he's from the other branches of the pack, but maybe she's wrong.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
As the old Engel waited outside the borders of this pack, he spotted someone coming. Someone red, perhaps much more redder than himself even. She gave a sharp greeting, but he kept his cool. "Hey, name's Engel. I come from a pack on the coast. Got told to scout about" he answered back to her. 

"So what might this pack's name be? And what's it like? My...captain, yeah captain told me to ask." He watched them while waiting with patience.
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

she squints, but he doesn't seem put off by her sternness, citing scouting duties. blixen doesn't know too much about where other packs are located, besides redhawk and that one they passed on their way to redhawk. "okay," the gona says, still squinting. "where on the coast? what's your pack's name?" coming off a war she has a right to be suspicious, right? but she guesses he seems fine. and if he tries anything funny she'll just destroy him. 

"this is drageda," blix finally allows, "my name is blix. what exactly do you wanna know about us?"
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel turned his nose towards the direction he believed Ironsea to be in, as he recalled it being down the left. "That way...a bit of a distance. In a bay. Called Ironsea...You'll know it when you meet wolves speaking with words like 'matey' or 'lad'." He was still practicing that accent from time to time. It was harder that he originally thought when having met Smokestep. 

"Drageda, nice name." Engel looked about in thought. What did they want to know? He hadn't thought it through that well. "Well...that wasn't exactly told to me, what to ask for...Guess if you are friendly or not?"
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

engel answers without hesitation, although his answer is a little bewildering. "matey?" she echoes, confusion writ on her face. that aside, the intel seems fine, and she makes mental note to tell nomi about this ironsea later. 

any remaining concern over his being a threat disappates as they continue to talk. he doesn't seem very good at this whole scouting thing. super unthreatening. she likes that. "we're friendly enough," blixen answers with a dismissive shrug, taking a seat. "as long as you don't try to start anything funny with us, we should be fine."
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"You got me, lassy...that's another greeting they use" he answered back. Still, he was confused by them but he was getting there. Though really all he knew was the greetings such as those. 

He nodded along, feeling glad to hear that. "That's good, that's good...we'll be sure to stick to your friendly side" he said, with his trademark wink. Then he quickly blinked to cover that up, as he was trying to stop winking at others. "Sorry, something in my eye..."
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

"don't call me that," blixen says immediately and without malice. whatever, otherwise everything seems to be in ord--- was that a wink. the squint returns full force, dubious and sharp. "uh huh," she says, "right. well. no other questions?"
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel gulped, glancing away for a moment. "Right, I'll be sure not to" he replied back. Anything the lady wanted, right? She squinted and he thought for a moment that perhaps she had caught the wink he had sent. Yet he ignored, paying it off. 

"Uh...nope. Nope, nothing more in mind..." He kind of sat there, silently awkward. First part of his job, and already he was feeling awkward. "Well...have a nice day, eh?"
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

she's still squinting as he squirms, but he doesn't do anything else to raise her suspicions and after a beat her expression relaxes, though she remains fairly guarded. "sure," the gona answers him. then she stands and waits for him to disappear from her vision before continuing her patrol, unbothered.
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
With that, Engel turned away beofre he could make things awkward and headed off. He had other places to see, other coastal packs to discover. He was lucky the first was kind...or at least kind enough not to try to kill him upon first contact.