The Sunspire And it's keeping me up at night, hmm
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Private 
Wraen was surprised, when tracks of a porcupine she had been following, suddenly disappeared in thin air near a tree. She walked around it few times, kept sniffing the ground, found some quills and tufts of fur, as well as a pee mark further away, but the animal itself had vanished. 

Just like that.

Though the young hunter loved the life's mysteries and believed that magic in one form or another existed, this was just odd and stupid. Something was not right - and as she was thinking about it, Newton's laws applied to a clump of half-melted snow that detached itself from the branches above, fell down and hit the young wolf straight on her head.

Ouch! Wraen shrank, but lifted her muzzle and looked up (what she had not done earlier). There, wedged between the branches, was the porcupine.

Seabreeze
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

present-dated with permission

she had come out of her shell more since her interactions with goldy and terance, and although she did not seek companionship in particular, she did not try to pull away as she found herself moving towards the scent of a packmate she had not met yet.

now was as good of a time as any.  she approached from a distance, and arrived just in time for the packmate to get whacked in the head by some snow.  

having any luck?
[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had not spoken directly to many of the new recruits, but she knew and recognized almost everyone by looks and name. Therefore, when Seabreeze's voice diverted her attention away from the porcupine, she greeted the other as warmly as she would have regarded a friend. 

"Nope," she replied, going closer to the tree and rearing to her hind-paws to see, if there was any other way to get to the little spiked beast other than climbing a vertical surface or flying up. "But ideas, how to get that bugger down, are very welcome," she invited Seabreeze to join and brainstorm about all possible options in this situation.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

she let out a hum, before moving towards the tree and pressing against it with her front legs.  it moved — barely — and she did not know if even with the both of them it would be enough to bring that little guy down.  

this is all i've got, she admits, but i think maybe if both of us did it, it might work?

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Dice-rolled - odds weren't in their favour for this round.

"Let's try out then," Wraen agreed, because she had come to the very same conclusion while watching Seabreeze at work. They did as they had planned, their joined forces were enough to give the tree a good push and for a moment it seemed that the porcupine had almost lost it's balance. But it was an experienced climber and soon had found himself a more comfortable position. 

"Try again?" she asked encouraged by their little success now and hoping that the next move would be fruitful. Regardless of the answer, the little, needly critter had decided to become no ones lunch today. It remained wedged between the branches and left the place only, when the two hungry wolves were long gone to find a more accessable kill.