Whitewater Gorge How lovely the silence of growing things.
We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
All Welcome 
It was a late afternoon when the wolfdog felt like she could take a stroll out in neutral territory. By now her wound was well on its way to healing and she was feeling stronger by the day. Elixir figured that going to the river to study the plant life would be a good trip and one well deserved. 

As she neared the border of Blacktail Deer Plateau she hesitated for a moment coming going out, she lifted her paw and took a step then looked back and thought for a moment. It was a hard decision especially after Grezig had advised her to take someone with her or even not to go out. She felt confident enough that she wouldn’t be gone long that she wouldn’t have to take anyone. After a few moments she looked forward and proceeded to head to the river. 

An hour or two won’t hurt...” she hoped as she murmured to herself. She was at a slow jog as she passed the Hot springs and smiled. That was where she remembered meeting the two nice strangers, Slavik and Speedy, and hoped they were doing well. The river came into view, the water was sparkling off the fading sun and dew was about to set on the plants.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The evening called to her tonight - something led her beyond the border and beyond the plateau alike. Her small form was easily hidden from sight as she padded through the golden grass, waving gently due to a chilly evening breeze. A shiver ran down the healer's spine as she breathed deeply, enjoying the crisp air. 

She wandered without cause, letting the spirits guide her where they would. She didn't expect to see the dark silhouette in the distance but approached cautiously, offering a chuff of recognition when she drew near. 

"Mind if I join you?" Liri asked as halted near Elixir. She thought of the Gamma as a close friend but didn't wish to intrude on her solitude.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Admittedly the wolfdog was afraid to stray from the borders but her confidence grew after mere seconds beyond the borders. She had been checking out some of the plants around the river as the few had set. It interested her, how the plants could hold such delicate little drops on their leaves for such a long time. 

As she was studying the dew on the plant she heard the chuff and jumped back. It scared her as she thought she might be alone by the river side. She saw it was a familiar face and scolded herself in her head for not being more calm about it. Even though this was one of the first times for her going out she still felt a presence she couldn’t really put a paw on. “Sure you can join me I’m just looking at these plants. How are you?” She asked as she motioned to the plant she just had her eyes on.

By the time she had let the words out her heart had slowed back down and she felt as comfortable as she did before Liri was there.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Her brows lifted in surprise, her dark eyes going wide. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you," Liri reassured softly once she had collected herself. 

"I'm alright, thank you," she murmured as she settled nearby on her haunches, offering a kind smile to the wolfdog. "How are you? Is your shoulder doing better?" It looked better, on its way to healing fully.

"What kind of plants are those?" She asked curiously, turning her mahogany gaze towards Elixir as she waited for a response.

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir chuckled a bit when she apologized because it wasn't her fault. "It's not your fault, I should be more vigilant when I come out by myself." she said and nodded. That was a down fall of hers, obviously, but she was trying to work on it. 

"That's good" she said as her eyes laid sight on another plant. " It's doing quite better actually, I think it'll be healed fully in another week or so. Or thats what I hope." she said flashing a look to her hurt shoulder. The stinging was gone for the most part, and she still had to stretch it when she woke up in the morning but it was healing a great deal. 

"This will be a cardinal flower when it's grown." she said looking at the infant plant, it was beautiful in her eyes. "This one is a cattail." she pointed with her nose to the tall plant with a brown thing at the end. Those were fun to see break open, the seeds spread as the air takes them to different destinations. Her eyes were full of awe.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri pondered the statement quietly. Part of her wanted to argue that one should be vigilant at all times - never ceasing to see through treachery and danger, even if it came from an unexpected source - but it seemed paranoid even to her.

"Wonderful," Liri replied genuinely, ivory tail waving with happiness. 

"Why are these plants in particular so fascinating?" The question was without malice, mere curiosity shining in her dark eyes. They had no medicinal uses as far as she knew, leading the Alpha to wonder if there was another reason Elixir seemed so fond of these two plants.

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
The wildflower gets a beautiful bloom on it when it grows up. Right now it’s a baby but if it gets the right amount of sun and water it’ll have an amazing flower bloom on it.” She smiled as she lowered her head to look at the flower and nudge it for a moment. Plants were amazing things that needed to be nurtured and cared for just like the herd of deer in the Plateau. 

The cattail is just kind of fun to look at or play with. When it busts the seedlings go every where and it looks like a fluffy cloud. That’s why I love those so much. “ she turned and grabbed one only to open it with her paws. The cattail popped and the seedlings flew through the air. “This is how they spread to grow other places.” She said looking at the ones floating.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri listened, her gaze falling to the flower. Even without a medicinal purpose, the artistic soul could not deny that flowers were beautiful. Though they were practically useless, they were lovely to admire. 

"How extraordinary," Liri breathed, coming closer to examine the cattails. They did not grow in her northern home, she was unfamiliar with the reeds, but how amazing that all that potential should be packed into such a small plant. "These are somewhat like flowers then, for the cattails?" 

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Plants were such an interest to Elixir she didn't know if she had been going on for nothing to Liri. Even if she had maybe it would come into handy one day, if they lost their flowers and needed to know how to get more in the territory. The seedlings had floated away, one day they would turn into adult cattails and eventually be opened as Elixir had done the one between her paws. 

"They are extraodinary. I love plants." she became a bit silent at the end. Her love for plants had just blossomed when she came to the Teekon, it was really out of nowhere. "Somewhat yes. But instead of bees pollinating and moving their seeds they do it themselves. In a sense yes it is a flower but not as pretty and only super close to or in the water." the last part was common sense but she decided to throw it in anyway.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"I'll admit, I've dedicated myself to the ones used for healing but these are quite fascinating," Liri murmured as she examined the one Elixir had named a cardinal flower. It lacked blooms, given its youth, but even the delicate pale green stems spoke of a fragile beauty to the healer. 

"Indeed,"  she agreed, gaze returning to the cattails. "But it doesn't have flowers, these...pods," she struggled to find a word for a moment, "are somewhat like flowers in that they contain all that is necessary for the flower to begin its next generation, yes?" Her pale tail wagged enthusiastically, certain she was beginning to understand despite never having seen the plants.

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
we can wrap this up soon if youd like

"I know. I think that's why I love them so much." she said smiling huge. Plants were such a big part of the ecosystem and a big part of Elixir's heart. She loved each and every one of them. Each for it's own reasons, because they are all so different.

"Yes thats exactly right." she said agreeing to Liri's explanation. Elixir was happy that Liri was happy to be learning about the plants. Anything she could do to raise awareness for any plant was especially close to the wolfdogs heart.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"Plants of the south have always seemed so special. We don't have some of these in the north, where I'm from, but many plants here are so colorful, so fragrant," she admired, understanding Elixir's love for them, even partially. 

For a time, they discussed plants before making their way home - thoughts of next spring lingering in Liri's mind. 

sorry for the lame wrap up