Hushed Willows Did you hear my covert narcissism I disguise as altruism?
Hushed Willows
Lead Singer*
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Mature 
Having been alone for what seemed like eons, Reina didn't quite comprehend the words spoken to her. It was almost foreign; but, in truth, her brain was too used to listening to the sounds of the wild to process speech. It made her feel incompetent, a child, even. She froze and growled deeply; a warning to whatever had dared to approach her in such a vulnerable state. She then thrashed in the branches, trying to loosen herself and turn her body so that she can face the threat. 

A year ago, she would have laughed. She would have had a twinkle in her eye and joy on her lips. It would have been such a sight to her siblings to see their big sister wrapped up in these branches; they would have loved it. Even she would have found it amusing, because she would do anything to bring joy, fun, and happiness to her family. But, now, all of that died with her family. All Reina had now was herself and a will to fight. And, fight she did. Enough so that the branches broke suddenly and she fell to the earth with a giant thud. Dust, dirt, leaves, and loose grass floated in the air. Something got into her mouth and she spit it to the ground, very unlady-like.

She looked up to see a wolf, possibly around her age, a few feet from her. At first, Reina thought maybe she hit her head and was experiencing hallucinations, because this wolf seemed to glow to her; an angel. The way the sun beamed through the trees behind her causing almost wing-like shapes to emerge from her back. The red wolf closed her eyes and shook her head. That's it, I've gone absolutely mental! She realized that she still remained on the ground, splayed out in a much too vulnerable position for her liking. Putting her tough exterior back into place, she snarls and bares her teeth, quickly springing back up onto all four paws while facing the angel wolf.

The wolf's words finally processed; She asked if I was alright...

"I am. Now, go away."

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread