Hushed Willows Did you hear my covert narcissism I disguise as altruism?
174 Posts
Ooc — Kitt
Reina hummed her agreement. ”These trees are nothing similar to those that I’m familiar with back home.” She tried to cover the slight wobble in her voice at the mention of home with a throat clearing. Some days are better than others, but today seemed to be proving more difficult to keep her emotions in check. Weakness is dangerous. But, she didn’t feel any animosity from the golden she-wolf; no, this female was kind and gentle. 

Reverie. That’s pretty.” She paused for a breathe, remembering the first moment Reverie came upon her. “If I hadn’t known your name, I would have called you Angel.” Her cheeks heated. That was not meant to come out, but there it was. She rolled her eyes at herself—boy, when did she get THIS socially awkward?

The red wolf padded after the gold wolf, her mouth salivated at the thought of real food. Twigs and berries can only go so far for a wolf’s stomach. A loud grumble emitted from deep within, a gnawing she had ignored came to the forefront at rapid speed. It almost made her double over in pain, but her steely composure and her absolute refusal to appear weak kept her upright. 

I thank you for your hospitality, Reverie. It would benefit me greatly to have at least one good meal and a good night’s rest. And, I have many a good story—all came from my parents. They spent a great deal here in the Teekons as youngsters; found love here, heartache, loss, adventure.” Ocean eyes became misty, but she smiled. The stories allowed her to feel her parents’ presence, she was never truly alone. But, what she would give to feel their hugs and hear their voices again.

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Player may use vulgar language and may write about sensitive/difficult topics that might offend others. Discretion is advised.
I will ALWAYS discuss plot points and address any and all concerns regarding any of my toons, threads, or even specific posts. It is NOT my intention to cause anyone discomfort; I am merely interested in creating stories and building my writing skills.
Messages In This Thread