Bearclaw Valley i'm so depressed, i act like it's my birthday every day
446 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Historian
It took a moment for her to realize the confusion. Redtail Rise, and for some reason, that rang familiar in her mind. There were a lot of names to keep track of—most of them, interestingly enough, starting by the same letter. It was a muddle. . .but a wonderful muddle.

Family.

I figured you had been born here, Lilitu said with a shrug. I suppose that was just a bad guess. You have so many children! I. . .

Oh, God, she wished she could stay. It hadn't been a glimmer in her mind until now, but in this moment, she wished nothing but to be the good great-aunt to his kids, to be the family that didn't leave.

I can't stay; I'm sorry, she murmured, shaking her head. I wish I could. In fact, I'm leaving soon—I don't know whether I'll see you again.

He'd shared so much with her—she felt a desire to share with him. But maybe he didn't care, given his antipathy toward his mother?

It came out, anyway.

Arielle and I, our mother died a couple years ago. Her name was Ibis. Our father's name is Akavir; he's the leader of Swiftcurrent Creek, which is— She tilted her head, looking back the way she came, and chuckled a bit at the coincidence. Not too far from here, actually.

We were born in this huge valley in the mountains just to the south—if you ever see it, you won't miss it. It's enormous. But we never were able to stick together, as a family. I've been looking for her almost my entire life. Finding you is just as good, she added, smiling.
Messages In This Thread
RE: i'm so depressed, i act like it's my birthday every day - by Lilitu - August 13, 2024, 08:51 PM