DRAGON TEARS (PACK HOWL)
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
Hey, Dragonwatchers! You may treat this post as a sort if IC News Bulletin, in which Ariston (NPCed) and Koontz announce her promotion. This is where I'm going to officially introduce the Dragon Duties IC as well. A single howl of acknowledgement is all that's necessary. Thanks! :)

After a month of success for Koontz and Dragonwatchers alike, she and Ariston mutually decided that she should step up as his partner in rank, occupying the Alpha female role reserved for her. She accepted her crown humbly and graciously, then let her cohort announce the news to the pack via a howl. As soon as his voice tapered away, she lifted her own in song, pale eyes focused on the darkening evening sky as she called for their pack mates to rally.

After their important announcement, the Alphas wanted to tell the pack of one more development. Ariston urged Koontz to take the spotlight. Stepping up on the edge of the bluff overlooking Kintla Flatlands and the Great Bear Wilderness beyond it, the new Alpha female barked out the news: the pack would be adapting a co-rank system known as Dragon Duties. She described each of them briefly, then let the pack know that she and Ariston were available for personal counsel.

Throat sore, Koontz finally fell silent as the moon rose into the clear night sky. She padded to a nearby puddle to cool the burning, then returned to her post at Ariston's side. Her heart beat excitedly in her chest as she folded onto her her haunches and pricked her silver ears to await the pack's reactions to the news.
<FONT COLOR="#800080">Y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7e0083">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7a0087">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#77008a"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#74008d">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#700090">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6d0094">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6a0097">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#67009a">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#63009e">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6000a1"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#5d00a4">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5900a7">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5600ab">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#5300ae"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#4f00b1">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4c00b5"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#4900b8">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4500bb">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#4200be">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3f00c2">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3c00c5"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#3800c8">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3500cb">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#3200cf"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#2e00d2">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2b00d5">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2800d9">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#2400dc"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#2100df">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#1e00e2">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#1a00e6">v</FONT><FONT COLOR="#1700e9">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#1400ec"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#1100f0">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0d00f3">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0a00f6">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0700f9">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0300fd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#0000ff">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0003fa">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0006f3">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000aed">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000de6">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0010e0">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0013da"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#0017d3">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#001acd">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#001dc6"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#0020c0">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0023ba">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0027b3">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#002aad"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#002da6">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0030a0">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#00349a">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#003793">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#003a8d">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#003d86">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#004180">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#00447a">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#004773"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#004a6d">b</FONT><FONT COLOR="#004d66">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#005160">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#00545a">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#005753">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#005a4d">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#005e46"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#006140">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#00643a">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#006733">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#006a2d"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#006e26">v</FONT><FONT COLOR="#007120">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#00741a">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#007713">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#007b0d">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#007e06">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#008000">n</FONT>
31 Posts
Ooc — Billy

Is this ok? I hope so :-)

Two Face

Not sure why the wolves around him were howling Two Face was not one to be out done. He raised his eyes to the sky and let out a long howl. He wondered to himself if group howling was a common occurrence in packs. If it was he would strive to be the best at it.

<style>.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}.freetable-b02 b {color:#FFE8A2;}.freetable-b02-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFE8A2; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://tbd.sleepyglow.net/freetables/freetable2.png); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }.freetable-b02 {background-color:#AD5C0E; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }</style>
<small><i>avatar by lieu</i></small>
67 Posts
Ooc — Charmy
this used to be my playground
this used to be my childhood dream
this used to be the place i ran to
whenever i was in need
of a friend
[size=3]why did it have to end[/size]

His family group had been accepted into the Dragonwatchers even though he had been truly worried about being turned away because of his blindness. It was something that had worried him from the start when they had originally left their home in Sterrenvuur. There was a part of him that was terribly homesick, but not for the reasons that most would think. The thing that was making him homesick was something that would never be able to be fixed. He missed his parents so very much, so deeply, that it was a constant plaguing in his heart. He went through his days merely existing, never really living. Would this ever pass?

It was rare for him to be very far away from Julooke or Verrine, or even his brother. Occasionally he would wander away to go for a walk on his own, but not too often. Today was one of those days that he wasn’t very far from his sister. He was still emotionally recovering from having had a meltdown when he had found the hot springs. He had yet to tell Julooke about it, mostly because he didn’t want to tell her he’d broken down in tears. Eventually he would talk to her about it, but not right now. He tried his hardest to not bring any further sadness to her heart than what was already there.

When the pack was called, Yildun had lifted his head, pushing his ears forward to listen to the barking from the woman that had been the one to accept them into the pack. He listened to the information about the thing she had called Dragon Duties and felt his heart sink a little. Being blind limited what he was and wasn’t able to do, unfortunately. Once she’d finished, the silvery young male tilted his head up and let his voice briefly join with the others in their howls of acknowledgement. His song didn’t last long, though, as his heart was in it but he knew it would be rude of him to not acknowledge the news being shared.

<i>family, duty, honor</i>
8 Posts
Ooc — Ash
They had been accepted after a short meeting with the Beta, Koontz, and he had spent some time with his family wondering how to fit into a few pack. They had their own dynamics, but fitting that into an already existing pack was proving to be an interesting challenge. Barristan was confident that they would settle in with time.

He heard the alpha and beta's calls, and realized that he no longer had a beta -- he had two alphas. From what he understood, they were not mates, but equals. He could understand that, though it was a strange thing to do under normal circumstances. After that, Koontz's howl rose up to share with them some information about duties each wolf was expected to take on to keep the pack safe and prosperous.

He lifted his own howl to the sky, letting the deep baritone mingle with the other timbres of his packmates. Barristan had some thinking to do.
marrow of the spirit
87 Posts
Ooc — Houkie
A short time had passed since their acceptance into this pack, and Verrine was settling in as well as he could under the circumstances. Dragonwatchers was somewhat unorthodox in the way they did things, from their equally-ranked-but-not-mated Alpha pair, to the co-rank system that Koontz described to them all through the echoing music of her howl. Verrine listened, and as she finished, other howls began to rise into the air. He heard a voice belonging to one whom he had not yet met, followed shortly by a few voices he did recognize, chief among them that of Barristan. Verrine smiled as he heard Yildun's melodic voice rise into the air; he was glad the boy had joined in, despite the sadness that still lingered in his heart and his voice. Verrine had grown especially fond of Yildun during their travels -- having known him since he was just a cute, inquisitive puppy -- and considered him, along with Julooke and Arrakis, the closest of family.

Though the names of their co-ranks were peculiar, he accepted them without complaint. He recalled when he had first joined Sterrenvuur, how he had thought their rank and co-rank names so bizarre and unpronounceable. Soon, they had begun to feel natural and right to him, and he knew in his heart that the same would hold true here. "Leviathorgan," he said softly to himself. No other name could be so appropriate for him. It fit him perfectly, guardian and protector that he was, and reminded him of his father, Leviathan. Confident in his choice, he accepted that title as his own and turned his cream- and cinnamon-kissed muzzle to the sky, sending forth his own rich, deep basso voice to join the others. In his howl were woven notes of sadness for all that he and his family had lost, amidst brighter tones of hope and joy for what they had gained. He also sang of his newly-assumed role as Leviathorgan, promising to guard his packmates and their lands with his life. And, above all, he howled to his Alphas an acknowledgement of Koontz's new place in the hierarchy and a heartfelt thanks for their generosity in accepting him and his family into their ranks.
<center><font face="times"><font color="#99938d"><small>A T  T H E  C R E A T I O N ' S  H O L L O W,  A  S U D D E N  W H I T E  L I G H T  G L E A M S<br><i>like a wayward sentient spirit in the mire of space and time</i></small></font></font></center>
248 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Sorry I'm late on this, but I wanted to make sure Julooke got in on it. Short and sweet ^_^

[size=medium]She had been keeping a little to herself lately, acclimating herself to the new territory they would be living in. She still made sure her family and the pack knew she was around, but she hadn't been extremely social. Still, when the call rang out, she responded in her turn.

[/size]
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
A small chorus of voices rose up in response to the news. Koontz tried to guess the owner of each. Two Face, Yildun, Barristan, Julooke...? Several other voices were entirely absent, which made her heart pinch somewhat. Yet nothing could poke a hole in the balloon of happiness swelling in her chest. "Puff that chest up, Alpha style," Ariston joked in her ear, probably trying to take away the slight sting of the poor response. It worked.

Those whose voices had lifted into the air tonight would find themselves higher in the new Alpha female's favor than the rest of the pack. Nodding her head decisively and ascertaining the silence in the air for a few moments, Koontz rose to her feet and prepared to make her way to bed. On the way, Ray's voice belatedly called out to her with an affectionate congratulations. A smile played across her lips and she bypassed her sleeping niche to go see him and perhaps have a little celebration over the good news.