Moonspear monster mash,
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Perhaps this was growing up. Listening. And not simply listening, hearing. One never really stopped growing up, but Hydra was still on her way. The death of her parents had forced Hydra into at least one seat she had never filled before that granted her more of an open mind. To those she cared enough to open her mind to, anyway. It was not your fight. Half-heard at first, maybe... for many words came to her tongue, lingered there willing themselves to be said, like: 

you made it my fight when you brought it home; he made it my fight when he disobeyed my order; it was not mine to begin, but mine to end when the both of you came here looking as though death was on your heels! 

...But such things died on her tongue. Because at the heart of it, she realized he was not entirely wrong. Revui had challenged Arcturus, and by the physical law of it, Revui had bested him. There was no denying that. Not even she could ignore it. Part of her did not want to. But the more rational part needed to trust who was leading with her, and Revui had a good deal of it but had a great deal more to earn. 

Hydra was quiet for a while as she processed it all. 

And she relented, to a point, verbally: you are right. I suppose that day, I fret more for the both of your health than anything else. There is no disputing that physically, you bested your brother. But what mother and father were unable to teach you was that there is more to leadership than brawn. Arcturus has strength to him, and I know you know this. That day, something more got between you two. I suppose it is more than the rift there. Perhaps... perhaps I underestimated the strength a woman's heat could have upon a man. That is my fault, she admitted. They all were learning in this thing called life. Hydra had hoped family would trump it... had hoped that the season before had taught them something. It taught her, more, though she hated the manner of her learning it. 

Hydra sighed. Ying is brilliant, I grant her that, but you two are that and more to me. And I need you, the both of you. There is a threat to more than simply our family. I do not ask you to love one another, but I do ask that you not kill one another. To leave him behind in such a state could have killed him, Revui. I would be unhappy if he did the same to you. And, he might have come between you then, but there are several days to a womans heat. Women are not to be given, or taken, either. It was agreed upon, but Ying needed to display her choice, too; I do not think either of you granted her that opportunity. Your eyes, I imagine she must have felt, were only for one anothers throats. She wondered if he understood that much. Hydra inched closer to him. I did not mean to undermine either of you, but I imagine that I did so anyway. There is so much chaos... It is... it is hard for me, to see it among you two. I wish I could make things alright, she breathed. 

But she was realizing it was up to them. The lack of control pained her, and it was difficult to swallow. But at last someone had (unwittingly) guided her in the direction of looking outside of herself. It was something, truly, only a select few could do without being blatantly ignored.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
Messages In This Thread
monster mash, - by Hydra - March 20, 2020, 01:42 AM
RE: monster mash, - by Revui (Ghost) - March 20, 2020, 12:36 PM
RE: monster mash, - by Hydra - March 20, 2020, 01:17 PM
RE: monster mash, - by Revui (Ghost) - March 20, 2020, 01:46 PM
RE: monster mash, - by Hydra - March 20, 2020, 02:41 PM
RE: monster mash, - by Revui (Ghost) - March 27, 2020, 04:54 PM
RE: monster mash, - by Hydra - April 03, 2020, 10:42 PM
RE: monster mash, - by Revui (Ghost) - April 06, 2020, 12:27 AM
RE: monster mash, - by Hydra - April 06, 2020, 09:53 AM
RE: monster mash, - by Revui (Ghost) - April 09, 2020, 08:22 PM