Porcupine Ridge Or else you'll never know
51 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
@Caiaphas, for our scouting mission :)

Devin trotted along the ridge of the mountain, moving swiftly and carefully. Her alpha, Caiaphas had gone with her on a scouting mission, deciding to mentor Dev. The young girl was excited to learn from the other coywolf. Caiaphas was a successful female, who Dev could really look up to. This mission would be a big help for her scouting trade, and though honestly Devin preferred scouting solo, this would be a great way to learn. The white wolf paused to sniff the ground. Not much here, but she could smell the faint scent of a pack. Long gone but there all the same. 

Was there a pack here? Smells like one. Like long ago or somethin? She asked, turning back to the salt queen for approval. She assumed Caiaphas would know, but she assumed lots of things.
[Image: 2woy713.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
[Image: al40op.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
thanks for starting! <3

caiaphas could sense the immersive excitement devin possessed. while she knew little of the wolf's inner thoughts, she could detract from the pale wolf's demeanor that this was a much-relished endeavor. she kept her pace clipped -- they moved at a brisk and ground covering stride and at intervals, paused to inspect various and sundry scent markers.

like devin caiaphas had noticed the stale signs of settlement -- there were small footpaths with new growth, old and sun-dried deposits of scat. she lifted her muzzle and scented the air; she could not scent any recent markings. "seems it." she concurred, picking her way towards what appeared to be a slightly regrown deer-path. "wonder if the famine drove them out." the siren queen mused aloud, feeling a certain sense of snide entitlement and superiority that the saltwinter wolves had survived while these bygone wolves had not.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
51 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Caiaphas agreed with Devin, which made the young female a bit proud. Being right was definitely one of her favorite things. She nodded, sniffing at the forgotten pack's scent. The pack being driven out of the territory due to the famine was a possibility, but they would never know for sure. There were no clear signs of what drove the pack away, so her guess was as good as Caiaphas'. So she continued on along the ridge, soon coming to a evergreen forest area, here the faint scent got stronger. She patted from her alpha for a moment to explore the hollow. This was probably where the pack made their dens.

She walked towards a strange formation under a tree, covered in vines but once a den. She stuck her head through the vines to get a look inside. Someone had definitely lived here. She backed out slowly, turning her pale blue gaze towards her alpha. Think I found an old den over here. She said, glancing back to her find.
[Image: 2woy713.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
[Image: al40op.gif] I, II, III, IV, V
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
beneath the salt wretch's feet a spidery pattern of murk-green lichen had grown, and for a moment the siren was sharply reminded of lasher. when devin spoke up caiaphas relished the distraction, temporarily shelving the druid in the back of her mind. with quick steps the sylph fell behind devin, her head tilted and gaze strained as she followed the wolf's gaze. it did seem at some point wolves had resided here -- and with gusto the she-wolf dove into the hollow and started digging for any remnants of a long-forgotten cache.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.