Ravensblood Forest Homecoming Hunter
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
After this: http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=19508&pid=237141#pid237141 Caught a yearling from an Elk herd. @Arturo @Olive @Chusi short post until it gets going!

Exhausted from dragging the deceased yearling for miles, he flopped over onto his side to catch his breath for a few moments. Once the rise and fall of his flanks steadied he sat back up again, and let out a call for the only higher up he knew @Arturo. Once the call had been made, he sat proudly by his catch hoping that olive would come to welcome him home as well.
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
The heir of the pack was an attent one - always searching for something that was out of place. Of course she had taken notice of Dakarai's absence while the pack was supposed to stay inside the borders because of the murder (she was still bitter that she could not go and visit Lotte). She wondered if the rule still applied if one adult had broken it. They were supposed to be an example for her, and yet they were the ones doing things that were forbidden for her (like fucking). So when Dakarai's call reached her, she was the first to sprint to the borders without a single thought.

The thundering of her paws was all she could hear as she reached him - not even out of breath from the running. Her eyes shifted from the young elk to him. So he had been hunting. Why did nobody want her help with that? She needed something to do.

Why were ya out? There's a murderer on the r'n - 'n ya think ya can just go on a solo huntin' trip?! She almost yelled at him, clearly worried. Did Dad give ya permission? She questioned, knowing that her father was the one making the rules. She was merely following them because she did not want to die just yet.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai's ears flattened immediately "Murderer? What? It was the quest that Arturo gave me to become part of the family Chusi, i had no idea about a murderer!" He gasped, his eyes widening. His thoughts went to Olive's safety, and then to the safety of all of them. "I didn't know. Who...who passed?"  he asked nervously, his fur rising along his spine and neck.

If he had known about the murderer he would never have left them a man down. It didn't matter if he was not yet fully a member when he left, he still would have stayed put in the case that the savage came back. He moved closer to chusi and tilted his head to the side "I am safe at least..I never even smelt anything off."  he said in a relieved and slightly disappointed voice. He hadn't had a good fight in forever, maybe he should ask Chusi for a spar sometime. Shoving that thought away for later he shook his head "Help me drag this back?" he asked hopefully, motioning to the dead Yearling.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The three amigos!

Dakarai's song rang through the trees, notes of pride and success dancing along his effortless modulation. It was a sweet sound and Olive let his cry awash her before she rose and traipsed towards the call, cavorting lightly on her feet. He was more herself than she was, not only a part of her soul but was her soul... Olive was excited to see him, as they had spent far too many day apart due to Olive's self-imposed solitude and Darakai's own pursuits of official matters. Before long the sylph came upon both Dakarai and Chusi, their ebony forms partially eclipsed by the thickset groves of underbrush. 

Olive rounded towards them and noticed the corpse at his feet - a juvenile elk, troubled no more by the plague of the hunted. The greyscale woman steeled herself as she [yet again] had to look butchery in the face and was forced to accept it; for Olive knew that this elk's demise brought with it cheerful tidings. This meal was Dakarai's answer to Ceannasach's task and heralded his consecration into the family"Ahoy!" The woman greeted, wondering if the two had gone hunting together. Olive split her affections between the two sooty wolves, giving each an affectionate kiss on the cheek. Olive lingered longer in her nuzzle to Dakarai, as their bond was strengthened simply by being in one another's presence.... and she knew they would have much celebrating to do later. 

Suddenly becoming aware of the agitation in the air, Olive's ears pressed down and back, hard against her crown. "Is something wrong?
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Olive - it's only 5 days after the murder here since Dakarai went hunting on the 14th and Furiosa died the 9th. It's not been weeks XD I even checked if Chusi would be home yet, and everything lined up nicely.

A solo hunt wasn't yar quest, Dakarai. She almost rumbled. She could clearly remember the day they had found the male unstable and wounded upon their borders. She had such a clear memory that it was hard to slip something by her without noticing. Yar quest was to track a herd for tha whole Family. With ya takin' the life of one if their bebes, they won't stay where they were. She told him. At least, this was her logic. If her pop would be murdered, she would not just stay where she was. Had he been living in the clouds somewhere with his lover? Or was he someone that twisted the words of others so he could do what he wanted? Furiosa did. She answered his question boldly, wanting him to feel bad for not knowing.

She shook her head. She was not about to drag his kill - he had come this far without her help. She turned and ran almost up against Olive. She could stop just in time. Oh God, was she slowly going mad trapped in her own home like this? She wanted to go and see Ingram again - or Lotte, or whoever wanted her around for a while. She kept her mouth shut - Dakarai could explain himself.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai narrowed his eyes fairly annoyed with the young female. She acted like he had went away to betray or slight the family. He spoke again his eyes levelling with Chusi's. "I was not aware that there was anything wrong, for nobody bothered to tell a mere Associate." he said, feeling immediate regret that his words came out so harsh. He sighed heavily and sat down, bowing his head as the sudden pain struck him. Furiosa...he had heard the name repeatdely and knew she was of importance due to the fact that he was told up until now that the woman was his leader. " I am sorry for your loss Chusi...for everyone's loss. I thought i would be merely tracking and catching a herd member to bring back to the family. I must have misunderstood. I truly meant no harm." he said softly struggling to withhold the sudden anger that he had not been told of the murder or the death of his leader.

"How could nobody tell me?! I may not be a member truly, but i sat here for weeks attempting to get into this family, this group! What if i had been killed? or what if someone else had died and i could have helped them?" he finally let out his feelings, the first question coming out as a shout, before he gained control of himself and continued in a level but cold voice. "Am i really that unimportant to you all?"  he whispered.

"I'll drag it myself. It's my catch anyway, i should do the work. At least follow so you can eat, okay Chusi?" he said in a more controlled and calm voice.He had ignored Olive for the duration of his outburst and knew that she had never seen him in his moments of anger. He crept forward to his beautiful lover and pressed his nose against her fur, her scent comforting him like nothing else could. He breathed against her neck and trembled for a moment as fear swam through his whole body "What if you had died.." he whispered into her ear. He pressed himself against her comforting himself in the fact that she was okay, and she was alive and breathing.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Hmm so, it seems that I should keep a tighter leash on Olive’s timeline! I edited my first post so it reflects the correct timing :)

The woman was no hunter; not by a long shot. But she nurtured a wayfarer soul and in her travels she [many times] ambled alongside herds, her small and lithesome body keeping score with their perpetual wanderings, for days and weeks until their paths no longer tantamount.  Olive knew and understood the ways of the elk and other hoofed creatures, as they were one in the same [though she was remiss to harm one with this knowledge]. So alike were they that Olive sometimes wondered if an ungulate’s blood ran through her veins. This made the corpse that much more offensive, but this was neither the time nor the place for such issue. “Those animals wouldn’t have stayed put; not during winter…” her suggestion was hushed, a small utterance that only served to support Dakarai and hopefully, somehow mollify his young assailant. Chusi was a grown, but a young woman nonetheless with all the emotional incapabilities that such an age allotted her. Olive recognized that Chusi’s jejune frustrations were not born from the technicalities of Dakarai’s crusade, but another darker matter that plagued them all. 

The red herring’s sobriquet fell from Chusi’s lips with a sour distaste; vitriol to which Dakarai responded to in kind. Olive’s own words were dismissed as he pronounced his displeasure of being kept in the dark about Furiosa’s slaying. Olive was partially to blame for this, as she seemed to have sought reclusion rather than her kindred spirit. Even if she had stayed put, Olive wasn’t certain if Comlachs were allowed to know. But, if the news were to be kept secret from Comlachs… should the woman have told Dakarai anyways, out of respect for their love? Had there been any right option for her to pursue?

To Olive, it was all lines drawn in the sand; it was so confusing and, when compounded with her grief for the white woman, sent her scurrying deeper into solitude in order to process. Olive was a self-confessed novice in the dynamics of a pack; thrust into a family with so, so many rules. It was a true difficulty for Olive to abide by decrees of another [even when they were from the tongue of the regal Ceannasach himself] and it was even more difficult for her to see what they gained from closing themselves off from the world and stifling the flow of existence. And, so, the ashen sylph had not listened to the rules. She, in fact, had left the territory several times since the murder and had even planned a longer exploratory mission to the southern badlands. Retribution had yet to fall upon Olive for her secretive actions, although she was now reconsidering her upcoming southern mission. If leaving Ravensblood Forest truly put her family in danger, then she would not do it.

Olive felt to blame for Dakarai’s  outburst and feelings of guilt — when he mentioned feelings of unimportance, Olive’s heart withered. She so wanted to soothe his every hurt and take away his every pain, but in this moment she had caused more. Dakarai surprised her by turning to her, trembling almost imperceptibly at her side. Olive leaned into his touch, marveling at the two different wolves she saw within one: the brute who chastised with hackles raised and the man who nestled against her neck and breathed gratitude at her safety. He was too good for this world and she wore his love like an amulet, heavy and proud against her chest… even if she felt she did not completely deserve it right then. “Our bickering solves nothing. We are alive; we have food to keep our bellies full…. Let us not lose ourselves in our caution." Why should they belabor actions already done, and secret already spoiled? "If we are to learn anything from Furiosa in her death, it should be to enjoy the preciousness of life while we have it - not spend our time arguing over inconsequential matters.” Olive said to no wolf in particular, hoping that she could take heed of her own suggestions.  She gestured to the slain elk at their feet, making known that this bounty was the aforementioned preciousness of life

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
While it was heavy to act like this, Chusi knew niceness could be manipulated. She wanted to be like her father; brave with a fair sense of justice that no one could top. He was her idol in a way, even though the young ward did not feel worthy of a high place just yet. She had done nothing yet to prove her worth, and that pained her more than it should. Perhaps someone else viewed her differently, but that did not take away her insecurities that she kept hidden behind a chipper mask that was neither a shield nor a sword. It was an extension of her soul, she knew, even though it hurt to carry it along. Someday she could let go, she believed, but that day was far away.

She ignored the soothing words of Dakarai until he started rumbling the things that annoyed him. Her lips pulled tighter around her teeth. Why did he have to make her angry? She did not like screaming - not when someone else did it, and not when she did it. Ya aren't the first thang tha' matters to meh. She announced honestly. Buht, ya are part of mah Family - whether with a low'r rank or nah. I do wha' is best for all. She had only just arrived home, how could she have told Dakarai everything with him not even being around since he was hunting? 

Now, let's get yar catch to everyone. Thank ya for bringin' it all the way - ya should get the best part. She said, a little warmer. Sometimes, she thought she was too nice, but it was moments like these where her golden heart - though flawed - glowed the brightest. Olive's words she took in consideration as she walked ahead of them. She wondered where @Arturo was...
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
As he looked at Chusi's curled lips he felt guilty, for yelling at (not necessarily) her, and for spewing things that quite obviously we're not true. He dipped his head to the woman and offered an apologetic smile "I am sorry, if it weren't for you I'd probably have not even been accepted as a Comhlach"  he said softly

He could see Chusi's kindness and it touched him, for even the most wise Wolf had trouble being kind to those who had annoyed them. He grabbed the Fawn by its scruff and tugged at it a few times until it began to drag behind him.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive was beaming. This is what she lived for! There was nothing better than finding peace where there once was strife. The universe was too encumbered with sadness for her taste and any time she could temper or douse one of those flames, the lighter the [her] burden became. Of course, Chusi and Dakarai had come to some sort of muted agreement only; the type of conclusion you reach only by swallowing your pride and shaking the hand of the other quarreling faction [Olive had to do this many times with her older brothers growing up…so she knew that pride was a hard pill to choke down]. But, it was an accord nonetheless!

Her joy was somewhat abated when she joined her king, standing abreast of the fallen elk child with him. The young warrior had already trotted ahead of them, deeper into the familiarity of Ravensblood and she would never leave Dakarai to carry this haul alone. No, this was her own pill to swallow — and so Olive gripped the spindly leg of the ungulate within her jaws, ignoring the stench of death that stung her sensitive nares. She picked up the weight of it and helped Dakarai to carry it deeper into the familiarity of Ravensblood Forest, where the family would feast amongst the literal and figurative darkness.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her tail wagged slowly behind her like a fluffy flag of obsidian as she led the way for her comrades, still unsure of where her father was. What was he doing that would keep him up this long? Another murder? A shiver ran up her spine at the thought - or from the cold, she was left to guess. She felt a weird stir within her young vessel - as if hunger had disappeared. Was he dead? Surely not, but what if? She could not lose her father again - not a third time.

Have y'all seen Arturo? She questioned, looking behind her to see olive helping Dakarai out. How cute they were... He should've been ' ere by now... She wondered out loud.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Lifting his head from the Elk fawn's scruff he looked at Chusi with concern, his frustration now completely gone from his mind "No I haven't, but you're right he should be here by now"  he said. Where was the authorities man? He had never been anything but punctual when called by a family member.

He gave an unsteady sigh "Chusi, if you need to go look for him it's alright. Not that you need my permission" he said in a lightly teasing tone trying to break the tenseness in the air.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Both Chusi and Dakarai lamented the absence of Ceannasach. Olive understood the anxiety of it all. Thought the two had apologized to one another for their misgivings, the aura between them was obviously jaundiced and a bit uncomfortable. Plus, for Dakarai, this was a huge moment — he had tracked and killed and brought a meal back to sustain their family. He had shown his dedication and now would be named part of the family, a part of her family, a part of her. She too was eager to see Arturo, to please him and show Dakarai off to her leader!

See, look how wonderful he is! Isn’t he dedicated and trustworthy? Isn’t he handsome with that thick fur and regal features? I sure can pick ‘em. Isn’t he completely wonderful? Isn’t he? Isn’t he?

But Arturo was a purposeful man and rarely did anything without a calculated reason. Olive flipped and flitted around, so she greatly admired this quality. If Arturo was not present, he had a reason not to be and that was to be respected. She would simply suggest that they store the kill in the caches — perhaps drop a hunk of flesh off at Arturo’s den on their way back to her and Dakarai’s rocky domicile. They were the ones subject to his schedule and would make do in the meantime.

Olive chuckled and released the leg of the disgusting, decaying corpse so she could speak. Olive hoped her bright tone would keep the conversation from souring again.

“Wouldn’t it be divine if we feasted, then returned it to the caches; perhaps retiring home and resting afterwards, too?" She turned to Dakarai. "You deserve to reap your rewards, my darling. You’ve worked hard.” He voice was proud of him, and she beamed at his accomplishments. Politics could wait. “We can speak to Arturo later, but celebrate now with a meal. What says you both?”

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi suppressed the urge to roll her eyes at Dakarai. Of course she was right - she knew her father better than anyone (or so she liked to believe). It was not often that he missed such an important thing at his own borders - though it did give Chusi a feeling of maturity. She had handled this situation all on her own, without her father's flaming eyes watching her every move. She had proven herself to herself, and there was no greater satisfaction. She snorted softly at the dark male's remark, but had no intention of leaving them here alone with their kill. If the rest would not come; so be it. The fresh meat would be thrown in the caches to be enjoyed later.

Olive came with a quite pleasing sounding plan, though Chusi looked to be deep in thought for a moment. She guessed it would do little harm - first come, first serve. So was the way in the wild, and Chusi had never been raised to one day be some kind of princess. With a smile, she nodded at them both. As long as they left something for the others, surely there would be nothing wrong with it. She awaited her turn; still thinking that her place was under the adults while in reality she was the daughter of their leader and heir. Her humbleness (or unawareness) had always been great with these sort of things.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai glanced hungrily at the carcass after Olive's suggestion, his tongue coming out to swipe over his maw. He had only allowed himself a few breaks, and even then he had caught a rabbit, and found a half eaten carcass along the way that he stopped to nibble on. He was about to dig in, when he remembered his manners. Stepping back he looked at them both with a smile "I brought this for the family, so you two eat first. Please, i would be grateful to see my meal provided for others before myself" he said and gestured to the Elk baby with his nose as if saying go ahead, i can last a few more moments.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
last post from me :)

Oh, the two were being so sickeningly sweet to each other! So cautious were they to offend one another that neither would eat first, leaving Olive to assume that responsibility. It was the last place Olive wanted to be, but she assumed it willingly; gnawing off small pieces of the under their scrutinizing gaze [or was Olive imagining it?]. She chewed and swallowed and smiled at them both, trying to act as the social lubricant needed to make this weird situation what it really was: a celebration!

But soon she tired of wrestling with a corpse and she lifted her head, a proud and thankful emotion writ upon her soft features. “My love,” she nuzzled him for a solitary moment, struggling to pull herself away. “I am so proud of you.  Now we are connected not only by soul, but by the bonds of family. ” The doe planted a kiss upon his cheek. “I will be at home - eat your fill and then return to me.”

“Chusi,” Olive dipped her head at the young woman. “Thank you, thank you.” and then the thankful Olive darted away between the bleeding timbers. 

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Instead of Dakarai having the first bites of the body, Olive moved in - probably sensing that there was something holding both the black man and the girl back. Chusi smiled, slightly uncomfortable, up at the two before moving towards the carcass. She took some of the belly meat for herself, though knew naught to eat the heart - that was a specialty only the hunter of the elk could get. Her mouth bloodied and stomach filled, she retreated a few steps, nodding at the leaving Olive.

Want meh to halp with bringin' 't to tha caches after ya'r done? She asked, looking at her front paws.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Now satisfied that he had fed others first, he stepped forward and sank his teeth into the belly and chest area, eating the prize that belonged to him as well as a couple more juicy parts. He lifted his muzzle and licked his lips before smiling at Chusi "If you need to be somewhere, dont allow me to hold you up after all I made it this far."clearing his throat he wondered if that sounded rude and he shrugged "But if you have nothing better to do company would be nice" he said warmly.

Grabbing the deer by the front legs he tugged to get the carcass sliding, before pausing to allow Chusi to take hold if she wished to do so. After they dropped it off he would return home to Olive and bury his face in her downy fur, and rest beside her...if not some other more enticing things.

last post from me! you can assume it got dropped off either way! <3