Porcupine Ridge Take a bow
i know you're trying to fight when you feel like flying
184 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
He hadn't hung around to find out whether the trespasser from earlier that day would come back for another attempt at trying the pack's patience, but he had a distinct feeling that she wouldn't. Some wolves were born for the life of hassling others, but most were fairly respectful beasts. Luna had surely made a mistake when she crossed the pack's well-laid borders; it was unfortunate for her that it was a costly one. Farstep thought nothing further of her, though, not even enough to have a poor opinion. If he encountered her again, it would be neutrally so long as the encounter did not involve a second trespass.

It wasn't long after he'd taken a short nap and headed back out on patrol that the second unfamiliar howl of the day reached the ears of every pack wolf within several miles. His perked up immediately. Assuming it was Luna again, he slung his head between his shoulders and moved at a fast clip along the borders, though he cut diagonally across a section of the core territory to shave time off his venture, for it could mean intercepting the previous trespasser a second time.

It was not the white wolf he'd been expecting to find, but rather, a black-and-grey female. Her stance was already respectfully low and Farstep's transformed from a semi-aggressive stalk to a confident but aggression-neutral posture. He kept his ears trained forward, his shoulders arranged squarely, his tail waving just higher than his hips to acknowledge his position above Jhala but not as leader, and he peered freely at or into her eyes, depending if she averted them or not. His gaze was wide, as was usual for a non-submissive and non-aggressive wolf. He woofed a gentle sound, perhaps a greeting or perhaps something else, then lifted his tail a little higher and stiffened the wag into one that was more concentrated on just the tip with the base holding rigid, curious to see how she responded to his intensified assertion.

I'm none of those people but Farstep is guardian-in-training so here he comes! You and the leaders are free to skip as needed, all I ask is that I be able to sneak in a couple more posts before the thread fully concludes. ^_^
Messages In This Thread
Take a bow - by Jhala - January 06, 2016, 10:11 PM
RE: Take a bow - by Farstep - January 06, 2016, 10:44 PM
RE: Take a bow - by Jhala - January 06, 2016, 10:57 PM
RE: Take a bow - by Farstep - January 06, 2016, 11:09 PM
RE: Take a bow - by Jhala - January 06, 2016, 11:27 PM
RE: Take a bow - by Capriccio - January 07, 2016, 07:06 AM
RE: Take a bow - by Jhala - January 07, 2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Take a bow - by Taggarik - January 07, 2016, 03:19 PM
RE: Take a bow - by Capriccio - January 08, 2016, 08:56 AM
RE: Take a bow - by Jhala - January 08, 2016, 11:27 AM
RE: Take a bow - by Farstep - January 08, 2016, 09:14 AM