The Heartwood invasion of the bodysnatchers
i survived
the laws of gravity
180 Posts
Ooc — delaney
atausiq does not dodge leta as she flings herself at him in a sisterly hug. a small rush of breath leaves his lips as the pair embrace; though a small part of his mind tells him that allowing her in such proximity isn't safe, irrational as it is. he can allow himself this small comfort, he assures himself. suspiciously, though, his imperial gaze sharply scans the terrain behind leta just to make sure that anyone else was lingering in the background. as she begins to fumble over her words, atausiq's ears begin to taper back, further and further until they slick against the curve of his skull as he comes to realize at her words that she thinks she's to blame.

no, no! atausiq gives his head a shake, pressing his muzzle into the fur of her neck in an attempt to physically reassure before pulling back some to look at her. it's not your fault. it seems absurd to him, that leta would she think was the guilty party ...and yet she clearly does.

it's just ...— like with arlette, atausiq struggles to compose how he feels and put it into words. me. he admits, a bit lamely. i don't agree with what's been happening back home. leaving seemed like the only thing i could do. it didn't occur to him to challenge and even if it had: he was just a kid. it felt like the right thing to do. even if how he'd done it had been cowardly.

guilt twists like a serrated knife in his heart as she promises to be better and that she misses him. his chest aches and his breath comes from betwixt his lips; strangled. i miss you too. he assures her, diverting his gaze; hating that he's made her feel this way. you're the best sister, alright? don't ever doubt that. voice thick with emotion.
━─┄ these jaws of brevity
i will not let them sink
their teeth into my soul

Messages In This Thread
invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 11, 2020, 08:15 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 11, 2020, 12:16 PM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 11, 2020, 01:09 PM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 11, 2020, 02:44 PM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 11, 2020, 02:58 PM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 12, 2020, 04:06 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Leta - March 12, 2020, 11:52 AM
RE: invasion of the bodysnatchers - by Nanoq - March 15, 2020, 04:49 AM