Little boy blue and the man on the moon
with fire in her veins
262 Posts
Ooc — torvi
Flip, I forgot we were going to say that Mercury found her. I should have had her say that he pointed her home. Oh well, too late. My bad. XD

Ragnar's expression was stony, and as he spoke, the tiny child flinched, the suspicion in his voice wounding her. She resented his distrust a little, despite understanding the reason for it. She would never even consider betraying their family. Yes father, she agreed meekly, not sure how else she could respond. She had given her explanation. Wasn't it acceptable? If he chose not to believe it, she could think of no way to convince him. Her heart raced and she blinked hard to hold back tears. She wouldn't show that sort of weakness right now, even if he was going to send her away.

His next words, if the situation had not been so serious, would have had Gyda rolling her eyes. Because I had no intention of leaving! I didn't mean to get lost! Her voice begged him to believe her, but there was a hopeless note there too. This wasn't how she had thought this would go.

At the talk of the priestess, Gyda blinked and shook her head, confused. What? He thought she had turned her against his Gods? That riled the child, and her eyes narrowed irritably. They're not just your Gods, father. They're our Gods. Do you think so little of me? It was then that her brother's name registered, and a spark of hope lit in her chest.

Mercury? she chirped, irritation gone. Yes, yes, I saw Mercury! Here her tail wagged. Here was something that might convince him to believe her. He decided to travel on to Odinn's Cove, once he found me safe. And I can prove that I saw him, father. He told me something that I couldn't otherwise have known. Cocking her head, she glanced between her parents, slightly concerned that they might be unhappy with her for mentioning it. Still. He told me, father. He told me about Crete.

Gyda speaks!

and armor underneath her skin
who crushes the world beneath her feet
Messages In This Thread
Little boy blue and the man on the moon - by Gyda - December 14, 2014, 03:05 PM
RE: Little boy blue and the man on the moon - by Gyda - December 14, 2014, 06:39 PM
RE: Little boy blue and the man on the moon - by Ragnar - December 15, 2014, 07:02 AM
RE: Little boy blue and the man on the moon - by Gyda - December 15, 2014, 02:12 PM
RE: Little boy blue and the man on the moon - by Ragnar - December 16, 2014, 05:41 PM
RE: Little boy blue and the man on the moon - by Gyda - December 22, 2014, 08:16 AM
RE: Little boy blue and the man on the moon - by Ragnar - December 23, 2014, 12:49 PM