Wheeling Gull Isle Do you know just how much you're worth?
12 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
Fanglong majority kept to herself, getting used to the new land. It was an island, surrounded by the beauty of the sea, but just as dangerous, for she feared the day the waves curse them all. Nontheless, a beauty to the eye, a delightful island. The woman was right to direction the dancer to this place.

She stood by the sea, her paws gently letting the waves touch her before weaving back into the sea. Icy eyes, staring out into nothingness.
she was a forest fire by design
68 Posts
Ooc — vae
the island is an adjustment, to say the least.  natshana is thoroughly accustomed to being landlocked.  so, to be surrounded on all sides by the sea?  admittedly, it makes her nervous.  this does not still her progress, however.  just now, she fights her way onto the sands from the opposite shoreline with a taro leaf full of herbs.  due to the vastness of the bundle she carries, she nearly misses the presence of another wolf.  truthfully, it isn't until she reaches dry sand and sets her spoils down on the ground that she realizes she isn't alone.  sopping wet and smelling distinctly of saltwater, she catches her breath before calling over to the unfamiliar wolf.

"does it get any easier?" she muses aloud, hoping to break the ice between them. "navigating the sea?
12 Posts
Ooc —
Away
She was a pretty woman, having Fanlong think on the lines that she would be a měi rén, a beauty within the harem. Though that system does exist in these lands, she must remember this. Shaking her head, "when by sea, you look at stars. I not skilled," sloppy words and slopped speech, thick in a mandarin accent; but she tried.

"I be dancer, maybe sing, but not world." Her words were to be described she was but a simple dancer with a side of singing, very little could she do, and usually refrained from so. Though the mermaid knew not of worldy intelligence, such as seeing stars and herbs.
she was a forest fire by design
68 Posts
Ooc — vae
Though Natshana certainly noticed her accent, it did faze her.  Common wasn't her first language, either, and she spoke with an odd inflection whenever she used the common tongue, too.  To her, it was just a sign of intelligence.  The ability to learn more than one language was a skill that not every wolf could boast.  The stranger's response to her question initially perplexed her.  Did one need to look at the stars to swim across to the island?  Was that what Natshana was doing wrong?  It was possible, as she had zero experience.

"You dance?" she smiled at this, visibly delighted at the possibility. "That sounds lovely.  What or who do you dance for?" An odd question to ask, maybe, but artists perfected their craft for many reasons. "My name is Natshana, by the way.  I am new to Yuèlóng."