Ravensblood Forest Fisher
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
All Welcome 
All welcome, but maybe @Asara?

Vale was lounging out at the pond, paws dipped into the water. The sun was high and it was warm and humid, and the young guardian-in-training was debating a nap... until something brushed against his toes. He jumped back, hackles raising, only to see a fish dart away, off down the river. Vale gave chase, coming to stand at the edge of the water, pale eyes scouring the water.
Physical Health (100/100)

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
66 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Asara had seen her brother lounging from afar and had wanted to sneak up and splash him but she didn't get the chance before he was chasing a fish. "Hey wait up!" Asara followed after him. She wanted to fish too, she tried a couple times but it had gone very poorly. Although fishing in a pond was said to have its own set of challenges, Noir had said it was easier to hunt fish in the river, she just hadn't had the chance yet, and now it looked like Vale was going to beat her to it. Screw that! She was at least joining him.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
Vale heard his sister's cry behind him, but he did not slow down until he was at the water's edge. His eyes scanned the river for some sign of movement, but it seemed like he had lost the fish. Huffing, he turned to his sister. "I dunno where it went, but I'm gonna keep looking," and then he trotted off, tail waving behind him as he followed the riverbank.

Up ahead, a fish leapt from the water. It was huge! And it would certainly feed the two growing whelps, and perhaps their sister. Vale skirted closer, watching it dart easily through the water. "Asara, I think I'm gonna need some help with this one!"

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
66 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Asara had raced to catch up with her brother, he'd already spotted a fish big enough for the both of them. She hadn't exactly practiced fishing. So techinically she only knew what to do in theory. But hey, her brother was here and he was like dad's prodigy so he probably knew exactly what to do! "What's the plan?" She grinned at her brother, tail wagging eagerly.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
Vale had gone fishing exactly once, and that didn't exactly make him an expert. Still, he told Asara what he knew. "You have to be really still and really patient, mom showed me this fisher pose..." he trailed off, to show her, body poised ready to strike with claw or maw. "But this fish is gonna be really strong, so it'll take both of us..."

The fish had turned around. It almost seemed to taunt the young wolves. Vale beckoned Asara to the water's edge and stood some feet away from her. "Get ready!" It was coming towards them slowly.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
66 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Asara positioned herself along the edge of the river like her brother had demonstrated. She didn't know what to expect, but she had a feeling she was going to get a lot of the river water on her. She preemptively shook her fur. Ready or not, the fish was coming back for the two young hunters, and her claws and teeth were sharp, she just had to figure out how to use them.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
The fish was close, almost close enough to strike. As it moved slowly closer, Vale whispered, "I'll strike first, but once I get a hold of it, I need your help." There was no way he could pull a fish that big from the river on his own.

Vale tensed as the fish swam up to the two fishing wolves, but after a brief moment, he struck out, hard. The fish was a lot stronger than he gave it credit for, and he almost lost it. He only hoped Asara's aim was good.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
66 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Asara did her best to position herself at the shore the way Vale showed her. Her body angled and ready to strike. It was a big fish, and Vale was strong. She was momentarily baffled that he actually NEEDED her. She smirked. But she was ready when it swam back their direction. Vale struck true, Asara's maw opened wide gaining a grip on the fish she pulled hard towards herself and Vale, the fish WAS strong.
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
Together, the pair of hunters caught and fought the fish, which struggled hard against their jaws. With much effort, Vale grunted and pulled back, digging his claws into the ground for traction. With his sister's help, they pulled the fish onto land and Vale dropped it, panting.

Put... put your paws on the body, and then bite hard just behind the head. he instructed her as their mother had instructed him, grinning broadly.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.
66 Posts
Ooc — Aero
They had it on the land! But they weren't done quite yet, The fish was still strong, and fought them wildly, trying to flee back into the river. Vale was still instructing her, and she listened closely. She used her paws like he told her, and bit down hard just behind the fish's head. It's struggle's finally ceased, and she stepped off of it and looked to her brother. You're a good teacher. Her tongue lolled and her tail waved. I finally caught a fish! She exclaimed, the realization dawning on her. She twirled in excitement. Can I give it to Vi? I wanna tell her about it and see if she wants to go fishing with us next time!
91 Posts
Ooc — The System
Fading for us!

Him, a good teacher? Vale wasn't so certain, but he couldn't help but draw himself up taller, puffing his chest out slightly. He supposed he enjoyed teaching. Vale grinned and cheered as Asara did a quick victory spin, and he told her, Sure, we can take it to Vi and eat together! After all, he was hungry now — the fish had taken much of his strength. Still grinning, he would pick up the fish with his sister and together the pair of them would return home, where they would share a meal with their other sister.

Vale is healthy.

Mental Health (100/100)

Vale is mentally well.