Stone Circle let's go upstate
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
Phiipa starts her first heat today, and it will be over on the 10th. AW but I know @Valette wanted a thread :)

Phiipa was in heat. It was the strangest feeling for the girl, never before had she felt so lustful, so wanting. She kept thinking about having children, and how it was everything she wanted. Then she'd remind herself that she didn't have a mate, and a thought that she always pushed away would creep into her mind. She could have pups without a mate, a one night stand. Part of her wanted that, but the majority of her said no. She knew this wouldn't be her last heat, so she would just have to wait. Plus she wasn't sure how the leaders would feel about her getting pregnant under their rule. Instead she delved deeper into the territory where she'd be safe from any creepers, where she could wait out her heat. 

The place she found was comfortable. At least In the middle of a field, surrounded by buds, a rock formation provided a little book underneath where she could rest. She wondered if either of her sisters would notice her scent and come find her, but she was sure someone would. She tried to take her mind off of her heat, and instead hummed a soft tune, a content smile upon her face as she stared out at the beautiful meadow around her.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
He'd been wandering the territory with Dawn, looking for something fun to do with his daughter when the scent hit him like a ton of bricks. It'd been snaking in little wisps through the territory all day, but Grayday had assumed it was Valente and thought nothing more of it. Stupid, since over half the pack consisted of mature shewolves.

Now that he was closer to the source, he could tell that he'd been wrong. This wasn't Valette's scent.

"Shit," he sighed, ignoring the scandalized look that Dawn sent his way. He surged forward, Dawn hurrying to keep up at his side, until he caught sight of a reddish blur nestled in the grass a few yards away.

For a moment, his stomach lurched. His mouth went dry. None of it made sense, but for one heart-stopping moment, he would've sworn it was Adeline.

But reality soon caught up with him. He glanced toward his daughter, and then back toward the strange and strongly-scented woman. Under the thick fog of her heat, he could tell that she was one of their own. And, it looked like she was behaving smartly, despite his fears.

"Hi," Grayday said awkwardly. Beside him, Dawn looked between the two wolves with a bemused look on her face.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
When Valette smelled a female in heat on the wind she instantly dropped everything she was doing. The girl was not very keen on sharing her breeding right. They had enough of those already that had been disrespectful enough to even go outside the territory and breed. Valette was very keen on having her own pups after Keoni and Nikai. She wanted to give Steady his own, badly. Perhaps it is was jealousy. She rushed to the scent but she instantly saw that the female was not alone.

Grayday was with Phiipa. Valette squinted her eyes and instantly bared her teeth towards both of them. Her hackles were raised as she was not pleased that the female went in heat in the first place. She had the sole breeding right and would not let any other female breed under her watch. "Back off, Grayday," she instantly snarled at him. Her tail and head were raised, she was not going to argue with him about this matter if he was willing to do.

Then she noticed Dawn, but didn't decide to give her any special attention. It would be a good lesson for her. Slowly Valette turned more towards Phiipa with her teeth bared, slowly stepping more towards as she wanted to express her dominance over the female. Meaning that Valette was trying to tell her with body language that she was the alpha female of the pack and she was the only one that would be allowed to breed.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Phiipa was more than content to simply sit where she was, enjoying the view and resting. Whenever she had a thought of children or a mate, she pushed it away by running through all the types of herbs in her cache back at the forest. It was fine, it was calm, and it wasn't nearly as bad as Phiipa had thought it might be. Just as she was beginning to close her eyes for a nap, another scent filled her nostrils, one that made her snap her head up quickly. It was a male, and not her mute friend or the alpha Steady. This male was foreign to her, and that made the girl nervous.

He said hi, and being in an oddly bad mood (something that never happened to her) she opened her mouth to tell him something along the lines of fuck off. But she closed her mouth when she noticed the small child beside him. She came to her senses then, realizing how rude hat would've been and instead she gave him a halfhearted smile. Hello. She replied, not able to think of anything better to say. She sat there awkwardly then, scooting her little petite self back into the nook further, just in case.

Not long after the male and his small friend had arrived, Valette did as well. At first she was glad to see her, the dark furred girl warned the male away, aggressively albeit but at least she did so. But then Valette turned her anger on Phiipa. The golden furred woman didn't know what she'd done wrong, it wasn't like she could control when this happened to her. Her ears flattened as Valette began to assert her dominance, the alpha's teeth bared and her posture high. Phiipa got the message, her ears flattened to her head and her tail tucked underneath her, covering up her entrance as a sign she understood.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Valette came roaring in like a flash of lightning, all teeth and sound as she asserted herself. Grayday found himself ruffled at her gruff treatment of him, but it only lasted a moment before his irritation melted away. It was understandable - she would probably be having her own pups this year, and as far as she knew, Grayday didn't have the best track record with women in heat.

But, although he was not entirely unaffected, Grayday had no problem keeping himself in check - especially with his daughter there. His worried, wide-eyed daughter.

"It's okay," he said to Dawn, having pressed his belly to the ground to show Valette that he wasn't planning on making any moves. "Val has to make sure the red girl isn't going to be bad," he explained. "She won't hurt her because she's being good."

Dawn tilted her head to the side, clearly confused. They'd gone over heat and womanly changes before, but Grayday was not the best teacher when it came to these things.

"Because she's staying in the territory, and not sneaking off to find a boyfriend," he clarified. "Only Val's allowed to be pregnant this year."
What's Mine is Ours
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette watched how the female responded, and instead of fighting her over it the female showed the submissiveness she wanted. Slowly her lip covered her teeth again and she stepped back, hearing Grayday explain the situation to her daughter. Her hazel eyes fell on Grayday for a moment. In her eyes Day didn't have the best record around females and she was not going to allow anyone to breed now she would, hopefully, go in season herself. She gave a firm nod at Dawn that her father was right and that Valette was the only one that would get some this spring.

The female turned to Phiipa who was probably startled by her reaction. Valette still didn't look entirely pleased however it wasn't pure aggression that came from her now. "Lets get you to a den instead of an open field," she spoke to the female, intending to guide her to one. Valette didn't want loner males on their doorstep because she was smelling like this. They had been soft with a female in heat before but it hadn't helped perhaps Valette's dominant display gave a glimpse for the future what would happen if she would get pregnant.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The male, apparently Grayday, didn't protest to Valette's warnings and instead he turned and started talking tot he child, who she assumed to be his daughter. She was glad for that, she didn't want to put up a fight with any suitors, but she would if she had to. Phiipa was not a girl to take advantage of, she may seem a sweet flower but she could have thorns. After she showed her submissiveness to to Valette, the alpha settled a little, though there was still an air of tension between them. She nodded and stood, her tail still low, and walked over to stand beside Valette.

Thank you, I appreciate your help. She said to the alpha, and began walking along beside her. She looked back to Grayday one more time, wondering if he would follow or not.

The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
"Someone should stay with her," he said to Valette, shooting Phiipa an apologetic (but slightly mistrustful) glance. "Not me," he added, not wanting either of them to get the wrong idea. Not that she wouldn't be safe with him, but Grayday just didn't want that kind of headache today. "I'm going to take the mute and go mark the borders downwind - but I can send Krypton or Addie, if you have other things you need to do."
What's Mine is Ours
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette nodded. "I will stay with her for now," Valette pointed out and then looked at the female. It was true that she couldn't help it but Valette still wanted to make sure that she knew that she was not allowed to breed anyone. Anyone. "Alright. I don't want to see you close to her until her heat is over," Valette pointed out to Day. He was still a male, but in that aspect she didn't trust him.

She started walking and the female thanked her. She had not expected this but Valette slowly nodded. "Lets find you a den which you can stay in," she offered. "Do you have a den?" She was not sure how settled the female already was. Maybe Valette should also elaborate on the topic why she was s aggressive about it.
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Exit Grayday and Dawn!
Sensing that his presence was no longer welcome (if it had ever been) and feeling a growing urge to be either far away from or very close to the stranger, Grayday lead his daughter away and went to find his speechless friend before his speechless friend found Phiipa. Even with the best intentions, he supposed they could never be too careful.

"How do they get babies in her?" Dawn asked as they left Phiipa and Valette behind.

Grayday let out a startled breath. He supposed his previous explanations had not been as in-depth as they could have been.

It was going to be a long week.
What's Mine is Ours
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
The male and his daughter made a grand exit, and Phiipa caught the girl's question. It made her giggled a little, and wonder what he would say to her. She wouldn't find out though, for they were out of earshot in moments. She turned her head as Valette spoke to her about a den, and she nodded. I do have a den actually, however I left it to come here. I feared it was too close to the borders and I was worried about... an attack. She said, thinking of how sad it was that she should have to worry about such a thing. But that's what packs were for, for protecting and for family, and so she shouldn't feel endangered anymore.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette could understand that, and it made Valette believe that the female was at least still a bit sensitive. Valette was quite keen on keeping her away from any male, even the ones that lived in this pack. The dark colored girl glanced over her. "We will find you a new den," she spoke. She remembered Chaska having a den, and it wasn't close to any of the borders. Valette was not sure if Krypton was living their now, but it would be a good den for her to be in if vacant.

Valette continued to trot towards the place of their former story teller. The young girl nosed around the place and the scent did seem a bit old. "Why don't you use this one until your heat is over," Valette spoke. How she wished she could just lock the girl up to make sure she wasn't going to any of the males. If Valette would find out it would be over for her. Valette had given one warning and she was pretty sure her mate would agree.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Phiipa followed Valette to this new den, and when they at last found it Phiipa realized it's been used before. She caught scent of a male around the den, which made her nervous until she realized how old it was. A male may have lived here before, but he was long since gone. She checked around it, nudging the leaves that surrounded it gently with her nose. She could make this homey, it would do at least until her heat was over. She nodded to Valette and plopped herself down inside, curling her tail around her body.

This will do fine, thank you. She said, glancing from the alpha to then den space around her. It was cozy, just how she liked it.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette looked over the female and slowly nodded when she was settled. "Can I trust you not to go to males for pleasure?," she asked instantly. She needed a direct answer, a promise. Valette did rely on promises and if she would break that promise then the young alpha could use that later. "I don't want to be this hard on you but we had problems with this in the past. I don't like it to be repeated," she explained to the female.
the biographer
139 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
I need to post with Phiipa so I was wondering if you wanted to finish this thread up? :)

Valette' question wasn't a surprise, seeing as how aggressive the younger woman seemed about the topic. Phiipa nodded, Of course you can I promise, though after my heat is over I hope you won't hold me to that. She said with a playful wink, trying to lighten the mood. Valette went on to explain that they'd had problems with this in the past, and Phiipa nodded. She understood, and had figured they had, for he topic seemed more touchy than just a female hoarding the breeding rights. 

Don't worry about it. I understand you wanting to be the next with kids. As alpha it is your right, the rest of us can wait as long as we are under your rule. She said politely.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Sure!

Valette looked at the female and then nodded. She hoped that if Phiipa would find a male she liked she would bring him to their pack, however, she was not one to request that. Luckily the female seemed to take it all in quite well, even though Valette showed rather agitated behavior to her. The female nodded to her. "I'm glad you understand."

Valette was still a bit tense about the topic but seeing that the female was understanding her point of view she was starting to relax more. The alpha decided to let the female be for now. "I will be checking up on you," she spoke, before nodding goodbye. Now they reached the den Valette hoped the female would stay around this area and not roam too much.

- end-