Moonspear I'm angry sometimes, my hearts on the line
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
attn: @Dakarai

Hydra had not forgotten one of the newer recruits who held more of her interest, personally, than the pretty pale waif that had accompanied him. His mate, as it was (to her belief). He expressed desire to become a mercenary, which was an ambition of her own. She already was an apprentice, her skills enough to warrant her the title... but now she wished to become both a Guardian and a Warrior. Though he wore none of those names in trade yet, Hydra imagined he had life experience he could share with her. The Ostrega followed his trail a little lazily, not much minding if she ran into another instead of him but hoping it would be the dark man she found for the selfish reason of wanting to sharpen her own skills.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Restlessness had taken over his soul, despite how his life had been nonstop change and movement. He no longer had to focus on Olive, but now his main focus was on personal gain and how he could protect his children and new home. He had one trade in mind and it was Warrior but he also wished for defensive skills as well. 

Moonspear suited Olive and Dakarai well, full of warriors and naturalists or so Amekaze had said when they joined. It was the perfect place to develop his skills, and for his children to become Strong and proactive adults. He paused and sat down in his path, suddenly aware of someone behind him. Her scent was vaguely familiar and he remembered the girl who stood beside Amekaze when they joined. "Hello miss." he said loud enough for her to hear and turned around to face her.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Her quiet bias towards Dakarai, from the get-go, could likely be attributed to her sisters. He looked very similar to the Ostrega's very own Cerberus, though was clearly more masculine. His blue eyes and his dark furs did much to soothe her typically mistrustful and wary nature; it leant her comfort, and it afforded him her lack of harsh judgment that she projected upon the rest of his family—namely, his children. It was her fathers tentativeness about them that caused her to feel such a way; he, a wise and reasonable man, was upset by very little... if anything. That he felt any displeasure at all ruffled her proverbial feathers, though it did not show at all. So long as she did not interact with the cubs more than she must, it would be alright. 

Her eyes found his figure at last, and he greeted her upon hearing her approach. She had not hidden her arrival, and when he greeted her Hydra chuffed in return. I'm headed toward the borders and remembered you were interested in becoming a mercernary, too, the keen and clever Hydra said, Join me? It was not so much of a question as perhaps it ought to have been, though Hydra, knowing his motivations, felt it need not be.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai found his interest peeked as she mentioned Mercenary trade, noticing how she said too. He hadnt realized that she wanted to become one as well, or if she had mentioned it before he had forgotten. The invitation was welcome and he dipped his head "Of course. I am more interested in offensive fighting, learning how to take down your opponent as quickly as possible by learning their weaknesses." he stated as he began to walk toward the scents of the borders that blew to him on the cool mountain breeze.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
How do you do that? She inquired, wondering aloud. Of course she thought she had an idea—she had been taught many different viewpoints of wolves who fought. Hydra molded all perspectives into her own vicious fighting style, and thought her mother had taught her this same lesson once or twice, and her father too... but Dakarai offered a new viewpoint, and she was interested to hear it.
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai paused and smiled at the question. He fought it quite refreshing to have someone interested in fighting, and especially his take on it. With a flick of his ears he continued on his walk though he opened his mouth to reply "You look for scars, fresh wounds, or something else like a limp. Any scars or fresh wounds would be a weak spot to attack. If they limp, you figure out which leg it's from and attack that leg." He explained.

He thought about it some more. "Fresher scars are usually a bright pink color, with no fur around it. Go for those and reopen them, it will cause your opponent alot if pain." He said and stopped as they arrived at the borders. He turned to her as he thought of anotjer example if weakness.

"If a wolf has one blind eye, attack from that side. It will make it harder for them to see your attack coming, so therefore they will be less likely to defend themselves." He sat down with a quick sway of his tail. "Is there a reason we came here?" He asked wondering if they were just out for a walk.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Dakarai gave her invaluable advice which she would always keep with her. She always sought new information on the front of battle. Some advice correlated, some did not. Some happened to be news to her while other things she heard were what she already had heard. The latter was as important as the former—it was drilled into her. As he paused at the borders, Hydra paused too—and he thought of something else, and spoke of it. All of what he said was wise, she found. Though perhaps they would be more defensive over that side. Would that expend too much energy? Or would you recommend getting to their blind side? Hydra was quite intrigued by Dakarai's own preferred methods. She did not yet know her own—she had never fought against a blind wolf before. 

His next inquiry was a bit of a surprise to her. With a wolfishly quirked brow, she said after a beat, To patrol. I figured we could walk and talk, while guarding and updating the borders, and with that she continued her step, sensing his stop to only have been due to not knowing exactly what they were doing.