reclaiming used adopt?
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
is it possible to reclaim an adopt account I made, that im not sure is connected to my email since it got played a little and returned to me? i really thought I had the password right but it's not working. and since it might not be on my email I dont want to use the forgot password thing to retrieve. idk if I can prove I have rights to the account, but it's very clearly made by me as its related to one of my toons?? this might just be my dumbass mistake losing the proper password but uhm yeah 
I'm also trying NOT to go down a reclaim name method, as i wanna keep the posts that do exist on the account
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Hi Summer, seems like this question was missed by the CM's. Have you gotten a response for this outside of this thread? If not, what is the character's name? I can look into it for you.

1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
(July 26, 2020, 05:54 PM)Greyback Wrote: Hi Summer, seems like this question was missed by the CM's. Have you gotten a response for this outside of this thread? If not, what is the character's name? I can look into it for you.

No worries, thanks for checking in now! I had never got a response anywhere no, but the character is called @Chun Tao - I had checked the password that I had told to the most recent adopter, who told me they did not change the password. I tried to log in but it's not working- I am not sure if they changed the password and forgot, or if it was me who did this after getting it back (lol,) either way I think it's just a simple mistake somewhere but I just wanted to check if I could reclaim since it had been returned to me. If not I totally understand and it's no big deal : )
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
It wasn’t missed, but we have a pretty firm protocol about not reclaiming unless it is posted in Maintenance by the account in question. We can’t make exceptions, sorry!
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Sorry about that!

As the guidebook states: The account you are attempting to reclaim must be posted in maintenance. However, due to the nature of the account being under the ownership of another player, said player must be the one to post. We cannot reset/reclaim an account unless the current holder give us permission.  This information can be found here

I suggest you try to reach out to the owner of the account and ask for the current password!

1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Okay, no worries! Thanks yall!
Mod
11 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
I was the last adoptee of that account I think? I tried all my usual passwords and none worked. I'll try requesting a reset on my email and track it down! Or to save on all those spam emails - maybe someone could manually reset the password for me?
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
(July 27, 2020, 09:38 PM)Java Wrote: I was the last adoptee of that account I think? I tried all my usual passwords and none worked. I'll try requesting a reset on my email and track it down! Or to save on all those spam emails - maybe someone could manually reset the password for me?

you're amazing! thanks for your help (even if it doesn't end up working or you decide not to do it ^_^!!)