Swiftcurrent Creek turn down the thermostat
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
For @Scimitar!

Winder hadn't traveled that far from his last location to this one. There were packs scattered all throughout the vast world that he had explored since he had left Snakeheart, and he was never left wanting for more. Although Sidewinder sported a large, hulking form, he had been taught in the ways of stealth and secrecy. His upbringing had allowed him to focus on his composure, crafting lies, and other matters less than acceptable to most.

For two years, Winder had been a mercenary of sorts. He did not deal in violence, though. HIs quests were that of knowledge and secrets. Sidewinder would gain knowledge in one place and move it to the next with all the stealth of a snake.

As was his usual manner, the Numitor lingered on the border of a pack he had not encountered before, and he waited to see if he would have a chance encounter with one of its occupants. More often than not, pack wolves were protective of their home and would be quick to greet him. Sometimes with hostility, sometimes with the intention of recruiting him, and sometimes with mere curiosity.
he came and stole the wild
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
As protective as any other pack wolf, if not a bit more, the cinnamon male was quick to scent down the stranger – though, as luck would have it, it was purely from the simple fact he had been so close. The pale pelt was impossible to miss, and there would be no mistaking the form to be Bazi – the sizes of the two were night and day.

Rounding closer to the stranger, Scimitar cast him a careful eye, uncertain to the visit. Many came looking for a pack – though at times, he had come upon those with strange requests. Arcing his tail higher, he gave a nod to the other, as if waiting for the rogue to speak first. “Welcome to Swiftcurrent Creek borders – what is it you seek here?”
a crime so old as the sky and bone
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Winder paused mid-step to turn his attention to the wolf who spoke to him. "What is it I seek here..." the Numitor repeated, allowing him a moment to carefully craft an answer to that question. "I seek the same things every wolf seeks, but not in a manner that most would seek them." Sidewinder was rarely direct. He prefered to slither around conversations, waiting for the right moment to strike and let the other know what he really meant.

"I mean you no harm, if that is your true question," he added, just to make that point clear. Sidewinder was not here to fight. He was not here to overthrow anybody. He was merely here to exist and to deal the way that he always dealt: in knowledge.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The answer he received was a calculated step around offering a true response, and Scimitar refrained from rolling his eyes at the notion. The simple stated that a wolf wanted the same thing in life was ludicrous to him, and yet some gained merit from the simple things in life -- pack, mate, pups. He liked to consider he existed for more than this.. but wasn't that what he too was striving for in the end?

"I see," he responded coolly, not bothering to delve deeper in to the others thoughts, for they did not interest him as much. The true offer he lingered upon was the blatant statement that the stranger was not here to hurt him -- it was not himself he worried about, but the pack. "If you're looking to join, I'd say you're going about it the wrong way." There was a small pause as his wolfish brows lifted, waiting for the other to clarify their business here. Whether the other wanted a fight or not, he was about to have his tail chased off Swiftcurrent Creek lands if he didn't give his reasoning to light.
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Winder smirked, as he was wont to do. “Joining is not what I seek,” he replied, for it was becoming clear that he had little time to dance around the issues now. “But surely you seek something. Information, perhaps, about the surrounding lands, packs, and so on?” It was an offer, not masked behind his usual flourishing words. If he was to be known as what he was, Winder knew that he would have to start somewhere. His reputation did not proceed him here, so he would be required to make it known.

“I can get you information,” he said, “for a price.” What the price was could be a myriad of things. But he would allow this wolf to digest his offer before they talked specifics.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Scimitar had come upon some strange beings at pack borders in his lifetime – those seeking to join a pack, those seeking aide.. even those simply seeking conversation. Never before had a proposition been taken to him, and with skepticism flashing for a brief moment in his usually emotionless eyes, the Beta shifted his weight, holding back a derisive snort.

“And what price would that be, then?” The offer was sorely tempting – and what was the harm in a stranger doing his bidding? A certain task came to mind.. one he did not want any of the pack members to do.. and besides this stranger skipping to their rising opponent to solicit an opportunity for him instead.. what harm could be done?

“What if I wanted information on someone?”
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sorry for the delay. I'm so slow with my side characters. x__x

"A meaty bone would do," replied Sidewinder, licking his lips at the thought. Meat was good, but bones held the hearty marrow that he loved so dearly. "And a promise that you wouldn't give me away to any others, of course." If this one wanted to continue to have a stream of information, he would need to keep his secret. That was hard for most, who were so eager to give away for secrets.

"Who is the someone?" asked Winder.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Information for a piece of meat. It was hard to believe the wolf would delve so deep for something so simple – but then again, as a rogue, it was likely a decent chunk of meat was hard to come by. The most Scimitar would lose was his dinner and he gave a silent nod of approval.

The ivory male was quick to ask questions, and the male flicked his tail through the air with quiet contemplation. Here was where it could go sour – would he seek Shadow out, tell him the Creek pack was looking in to him and sell this information for an even larger hunk of meat?

“He goes by the name of Shadow. You’ll know it’s him just from his douchebag smirk.” There was a small pause. “I want to know if he’s set up camp anywhere with followers.”
77 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Lol, this thread is pretty obsolete now, since I think Scim knows about Shadow. One more post from you to wrap up?

Winder lifted a brow, curious to why this one used such insults on the wolf he wished to track down. It made him reconsider the offer he had given this one, though he did not withdraw it. If he happened across this Shadow, he could certainly bring the information back to this one, but if not, he would merely move on to other things. And that was not the worst option.

“Understood,” Sidewinder replied, taking a few steps backward. “If I find anything, I will come to you.” Not wishing to linger any longer, the Numitor took his leave and left Scimitar to his own devices.
1,016 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The ivory wolf agreed to it – and without much else said, Scimitar regarded the pale stranger as he loped away and from his borders. He did not truly expect to see the other again.. after all, what was the real benefit to him? Still, outside information on his old nemesis would have been good to know, and so he could only hope that perhaps something would come to light soon.

With watchful eyes, the regal did not turn his form until the rogue was out of his sight, and in turn, off the proximity of his lands. Releasing a sigh to the air, he shifted his weight, turning to meander further down the borders, and continuing his patrol.