Horizon Ridge A Flicker in the Wind
Avatar by <a href="http://wolf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=1084">Zyn</a>
476 Posts
Ooc —
He mentioned a name she could barely pronounce, making her nose wrinkle, albeit playfully. "Kisu means kiss?" she asked. "Should we share your name—or maybe mine? It's Starbuck," she told him, then silently began going over the various name combinations in her head. She would be happy with whatever he decided. She just wanted their children to share a family name.

Pied lowered her muzzle and slanted it beside his, her nose touching the soft fur of his cheek. She gave him a light lick, then nuzzled her face into the side of his and lingered for a moment. When she withdrew, one of her ears flattened and she sighed.

"I've got to get back to Vires. I can't leave her hanging any longer." Slowly, Pied began to push herself into a sitting position, then she climbed onto all fours. "I'll be scouting with her for a little while longer, then we'll head back to the plateau. I'll speak with Hawkeye, then hopefully return within a few days, a week at most."

She leaned over him, touching her snout to his. "I'll miss you, Kisu, but I'll be back soon to stay." The words made her heart leap with both joy and trepidation at the sudden turn her life was taking. "See you later," she whispered into his ear, her warm breath tousling the fur beneath it as she reluctantly withdrew and began to lope up the beach toward the rendezvous site.
<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu thought maybe little Virtúte-Starbuck offspring would be a perfect name, even if it was slightly a mouthful. He wanted to keep his father's name going down the line, but also wanted Pied's family name to show on whatever uniqueness they would claim from their mother. He smiled at the thought of pups running around and play-fighting come early spring.

When she announced she must leave and return to her packmate, Kisu was saddened but understood. She would return to him and Horizon Ridge soon, joining the pack he now belonged to for him. He stood and licked her goodbye, and went to lie in the middle of the beach to daydream of him and Pied having their own thriving pack someday.