Jade Fern Grove A Spiky Situation!
27 Posts
Ooc — Yabble
Spree 
The scorching sun blared down on Kaaya’s pelt as she waded through the ferns surrounding her. She’d been wandering aimlessly for a few days before she’d caught scent of something weird around the area. 
 Of course, it was just her luck when the "weird" thing in question that she’d found had turned out to be a very angry porcupine. Now here she was, spikes clinging to her snout as she searched for herbs in a fern grove.

She clicked her tongue, scouring the grounds for any sign of life. Her mood more than just a little sour. Be it due to the the blazing weather or her stinging nose, today was turning out to be nothing but dreadful.

"The knowledge of this world is endless, and so is the ego of the creatures that inhabit it.
 You must first look away from your reflection in order to be able to flip your point of view."
Loner
65 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Beau made his way into the grove with his expression littered by a frown. He had never particularly enjoyed these sorts of territories as it nearly always ended with something sharp stabbing into his paw pads.

He raised his head to take in the surrounding scents, hoping to find something edible - however that was quickly spoiled with the scent of another wolf.
27 Posts
Ooc — Yabble
 She grunted, her sense of smell being completely throw off by the scent of blood as she continued on. She peered over the overly large leaves, a flash of brown fur appearing for a brief moment beneath them. Prey, perhaps? Maybe a fox, or better yet — a rabbit.

All that really mattered was that it wasn’t something with spikes. She pushed farther through the leaves, trying her best to keep on the same track as the creature she was following. Though, without her sense of smell and the lack of room for sight, that proved to be extremely difficult.

"The knowledge of this world is endless, and so is the ego of the creatures that inhabit it.
 You must first look away from your reflection in order to be able to flip your point of view."
Loner
65 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He wasn't too concerned, continuing to push forward and staying away from where the scent was strong.

Soon he would be back to open land. Hunting was much easier there.
27 Posts
Ooc — Yabble
She watched it disappear, quickly gaining speed to catch up. She burst out into an open field, skidding to a terrible stop right before she nearly crashed into something, tumbling over onto the ground from the sudden impact. She sat up, shaking her head dizzily while trying to collect her thoughts. The thing that she was chasing—? It wasn’t a fox, and it surely wasn’t a rabbit. No. It was a wolf. A large, muscular, male wolf.

She let out an exasperated sigh, glancing down and grumbling out angered curses to the ground. That was, until she suddenly stopped and apologized to it. 

"Sorry. I was just upset, I wouldn’t have gotten anywhere without you." She mumbled, patting the ground carefully. It seemed as if she was completely and utterly in her own world.

Loner
65 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
Shocked by the wolf that had nearly crashed into him he stopped, quirking an eyeyebrow and the odd behaviour that followed.

"You on somethin?" The question was.. rather direct, but reasonable. Who but someone high apologizes to the ground before the wolf they nearly injured, if at all?
27 Posts
Ooc — Yabble
She glanced up from where she was looking, turning around to stare at him as if he’d bumped into her
"What are you on about? Did you eat some bad mushrooms or something?" She questioned. Though it sounded rhetorical, she was being completely serious. 

Her ear flicked. "Hopefully they weren’t too poisonous. I have kin who’ve died from stuff like that. She added on nonchalantly, twitching her nose. It was true —
But the porcupine spines sticking out of her snout surely couldn’t be helping her case, though.

Loner
65 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He looked her over, eyes narrowed. What was up with her? Was she just impolite?

"I don't eat no mushrooms - do I look like a rabbit?" He sighed, shaking his head.

"It was a fair question, have you not seen yourself?"
27 Posts
Ooc — Yabble
"Plenty of times." She started. "At least, in my reflection, that is."
Her brows furrowed distastefully. "Anyways, you shouldn’t sneak around like that. I thought you were food." She notified him, standing up to shake out her fur and face him. Her eyes skimmed down into a squint as she got a better look at him. A brown wolf with beautiful gradients and a cream underbelly. His eyes were a unique shade — somewhat hazel. What exactly was he doing here, anyways?

"Now that I’m looking at you, you sure are pretty. Good structure and height, too. You’d do well where I come from." She noted as she trotted closer, circling him. 

Loner
65 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
"You think charming me will make me any less upset?" He sighed, ear flicking a mosquito away.

He wanted nothing more than to walk away from this conversation as of now. He was extremely confused, and less than pleased with the interaction.
27 Posts
Ooc — Yabble
"Charm?" She chuckled. "If that was my best attempt at charming someone, I’d be doomed." Her tail flicked before she strayed off from his path, twitching her nose once more and placing a paw onto a spike. 

She flinched painfully before shifting her gaze back upwards and toward him. "Whats got your tail all in a twist, anyways? There’s nothing out here. How could anything even upset you in the first place?" She questioned, blinking in genuine curiosity. Clearly failing to realize that she herself was the problem.

Loner
65 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He furrowed his brow, finding himself to be only increasingly bothered by her presence.

"Talkin' to wolves with no manners tends to ruin my mood, and this place is buggin' my allergies."

He grunted in response. If she hadn't bumped into him he could have been back to the prairie by now, he was sure of it.
27 Posts
Ooc — Yabble
She stopped in her tracks. "Allergies, huh?" She mumbled, snickering before coughing and continuing on. "Can’t say I relate, but this place does suck." She nodded in agreement, abruptly turning around to glare at him immediately after.
 "And for your information, my manners are impeccable. I’m just a bit scatter-brained right now." She gestured towards her snout. 

"Speaking of which, I’m in a bit of a tough situation at the moment. It’s pretty difficult to pry things out of your own face." She grumbled. "Don’t suppose you could help a fellow canine out?"

Loner
65 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
"Why would I do that? Not like you've given me a reason."

He rolled his eyes, turning his head away. He knew better than to leave some in need, though.

"Guess I could though. It don't take all that long."
27 Posts
Ooc — Yabble
"Oh, would you?" She exclaimed. Her paw grazed over her snout once more before she padded closer towards him. "You’d be doing be a great favor." She blinked gratefully, sitting down beside him.

Loner
65 Posts
Ooc — Xenon
He sighed, mumbling something under his breath. After a moment he leaned forward, taking a quill between his teeth and pulling it out.

He turned his head to the side to spit the quill out.

"How'd you end up like this anyways?"