Ankyra Sound if i told you what i was, would you turn your back on me
✝ november 27, 2015
391 Posts
Ooc — Iris
"Yes, well..." Pantaleimon mumbled, not sure how to respond to Reek's disrespectful mention of his family. Pantaleimon knew that he did not mean it poorly, however; it was a culture thing, she had learned over time. She had simply been born into the wrong culture, as a male. "I guess I was born into the wrong b-body to be a Nereides." Pantaleimon smiled a watery smile as she looked at Reek and thought to herself, Moreso than I could ever explain in words. Perhaps if she had truly felt like a male, she would have fled; it was only her desire to be close to Mother Sea and all of her rituals that kept Pantaleimon in place. Sometimes she closed her eyes during the rituals and pretended that she was a part of it, of this Siren life, rather than floating like a ghost, an empty shell, on the frays of it.

Reek then asked if Pantaleimon missed home. The question clearly caught Pan off guard, for she did not know how to respond right away. She wasn't really sure if she missed it. If anything, she mostly missed being a Siren, but that was something she could never obtain. She did not miss the disapproving manner that Oreithyia, her own mother, looked down on her mirror image, her only son, for he had been born a male, nor did Pantaleimon miss the respect that her sisters received that she did not deserve in the eyes of the other Sirens. "No," Pantaleimon said eventually, a word that came paired with an apologetic look, even if she had nothing to be sorry for towards the other Consort. "Do you plan to, uhm, s-stay?" Pantaleimon asked and looked at Reek, curious if he intended to stay here to serve the Nereides, or if this was just a stop along his road until he found something better while he received shelter and food.
Messages In This Thread
RE: if i told you what i was, would you turn your back on me - by Pantaleimon - March 19, 2015, 05:47 PM