Ankyra Sound lost
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
"It was my pleasure Pants," grinned Reek.  Though, the bastard believed it should have been him thanking Pantaleimon instead.  He had been a true friend in Reek's short time with the sirens.  When he was met with a general hostility from the others, Pantaleimon had always greeted him with kindness which the bastard appreciated greatly.  He was a friendly face in a hostile crowd, and one Reek would never forget.

Reek nodded in agreement when Pantaleimon said he would miss the ocean.  Sure, it was pretty and all, but the sentimental value of it is what pained Reek the most about leaving.  Although he had fulfilled the promise he had made to his mother, it still felt like giving up and an insult to her memory.

"My mother," the bastard began. "She used to tell me these stories.  You know, the basic stuff you tell pups to get 'em to shut up and sleep.  But, my favorite ones were when she would talk about where she was from, down by the sea.  Now, the stories may not have meant much... and most were probably fabricated anyway, but for me, it was all I had.  They were the only things I ever looked forward to.  Every night, I'd curl up beside her and she'd just talk for hours until I eventually fell asleep.  She was my escape from the day to day hell-hole that was my life. Jessa was a goddamn saint."

"As I got older, I made her a promise," he continued, smile faltering.  "I'd see it for myself someday.  I'd set off on my own and eventually settle down near the sands she called home.  But, I never really put much thought into it.  I told her we could go together, leave the river pack and never look back, but, she refused.  Said she was too old to travel, and that just killed me because I know she wanted to."  

"She died Pants, died right there in front of me.  It was out of nowhere.  An aneurism took her and it took her fast.  One minute she was fine and then —" the bastard paused as he struggled to regain his composure by taking a deep breath. "She just, fucking ceased to exist.  I never told you why I came here Pants, I haven't told anyone, but when I look out at that water I see her.  That's what hurts.  It's like losing her again." 
Messages In This Thread
lost - by Pantaleimon - March 31, 2015, 02:03 PM
RE: lost - by Reek - March 31, 2015, 07:42 PM
RE: lost - by Pantaleimon - April 01, 2015, 05:06 AM
RE: lost - by Reek - April 01, 2015, 01:32 PM
RE: lost - by Pantaleimon - April 09, 2015, 09:09 AM
RE: lost - by Reek - April 10, 2015, 09:37 PM
RE: lost - by Pantaleimon - April 13, 2015, 10:27 AM
RE: lost - by Reek - April 13, 2015, 08:23 PM
RE: lost - by Pantaleimon - April 23, 2015, 10:49 AM
RE: lost - by Reek - April 28, 2015, 03:58 PM