Redtail Rise We built this city on rock 'n' roll
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
      Reek scrambled up the mountain as fast as his lanky legs could take him, looking back only to see Junior trailing behind him. His playful trick had put himself far in ahead of the she-wolf who chased behind, struggling to catch up.  The ragged wolf had reached the peak with seconds to spare. Upon arrival, he crashed into the dirt with a lazy thud and panted heavily with his tongue lolling out of the side of his mouth.  Fun was hard work.

Junior arrived seconds later giving him a playful swipe of the paw.  Reek shot her a prideful grin.  Although he had cheated, he had still won.  "A wolf like me wouldn't get very far by playing fair fair," he mused while picking himself up from the dirt to stand beside the panting yearling who had jumped out of Reek's reach.  Filthy cheater carried such a negative connotation, however, she couldn't have been more spot on in her description. "I still won," chortled the ragged wolf, before giving her a slight nudge with his shoulder.

The ragged wolf looked out over the territory once again, admiring the view from above.  Other than the hawks who circled above, it was the best view around.  "It certainly ain't bad,"  he replied, slightly awestruck.  Reek turned his head back to Junior, tearing his gaze away from the territory.  "Honestly, Saena sort of fell into my lap when I needed her most," he began to explain.  Reek was not a man of faith or fate, however, Saena's appearance on the Sunspire Mountains had been as close to a cosmological sign as possible.  "My friend, Wyn, and I had been living with a group that called themselves the Nereides.  Real nutty bunch they were.  Shit got real bad, and everything fell apart... almost cost me my leg.  Wyn and I didn't know where to go... until Saena found us and promised us a home."  Reek cracked a weak smile. "You've got a real good sister," he added with a friendly shoulder bump.  
Messages In This Thread
We built this city on rock 'n' roll - by Junior - April 29, 2015, 01:07 PM
RE: We built this city on rock 'n' roll - by Reek - April 29, 2015, 01:48 PM
RE: We built this city on rock 'n' roll - by Junior - April 29, 2015, 02:12 PM
RE: We built this city on rock 'n' roll - by Reek - April 29, 2015, 02:54 PM
RE: We built this city on rock 'n' roll - by Junior - April 29, 2015, 02:58 PM
RE: We built this city on rock 'n' roll - by Reek - April 29, 2015, 03:30 PM
RE: We built this city on rock 'n' roll - by Junior - April 29, 2015, 03:51 PM
RE: We built this city on rock 'n' roll - by Reek - April 30, 2015, 09:05 AM
RE: We built this city on rock 'n' roll - by Junior - April 30, 2015, 09:17 AM
RE: We built this city on rock 'n' roll - by Reek - April 30, 2015, 11:35 AM
RE: We built this city on rock 'n' roll - by Junior - April 30, 2015, 01:19 PM