Redtail Rise A rose by any other name
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Wynter diffused the situation quickly, reassuring both Saena and Reek. While the latter declared his love for his new wife, the former breathed a very audible sigh of relief and couldn't help but to giggle. She didn't apologize for his misunderstanding, having had enough of a level head to ask the question rather than judging based on an incorrect assumption, but she did feel a bit light-headed as the sudden stress and tension fled her body.

Reek further amended the situation by starting over completely, earning a cheeky grin from the Alpha, who obliged him with a merry response of, "hello, Reek, the day is indeed splendid, and oh my, are those wedding bells I hear?" Grinning wildly, the female gave the pair her official blessing by saying, "Well then, congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. uh... Reek?" She chuckled, unable to get over the fact that they didn't really have a surname, or if they did, it wasn't one she knew about.

As for puppies, well... "I want the pack to be a bit more established before thinking about pups," she said, a little more gravely. It sucked to let friends down, and she could tell they were extremely excited and hopeful for their future, but right now wasn't the best time. Saena could only hope they understood that, but just in case, she explained: "We're too new, we don't have the resources or the hold on the land yet, and I wouldn't want to jeopardize the pack, or pups, because of that. In a few months, though, when we're in a better position," she mused, "then I don't see why not."

Saena herself wouldn't come of age for a year. While it was very likely her instincts would guide her to revoke any breeding privileges when the time came for her to have a litter in order to give them the best possible chance, there was no reason this year to prevent others in the pack from breeding. Saena adored puppies, and Reek and Wynter's would be no different, provided they were willing to wait a little while to have them. It would mean the pups would be young when winter set in, she knew, but not so young that survival would be difficult for them.
Messages In This Thread
A rose by any other name - by Wynter Wolf - May 03, 2015, 11:02 AM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Reek - May 03, 2015, 12:53 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Saēna - May 04, 2015, 05:55 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Wynter Wolf - May 04, 2015, 06:16 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Reek - May 04, 2015, 07:03 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Saēna - May 04, 2015, 07:27 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Wynter Wolf - May 04, 2015, 07:36 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Reek - May 04, 2015, 07:53 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Saēna - May 04, 2015, 08:04 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Reek - May 04, 2015, 08:27 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Wynter Wolf - May 04, 2015, 08:45 PM