Redtail Rise A rose by any other name
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Neither of them had an adverse reaction, at least in terms of body language, though Reek was first to speak and it wasn't about the pups. His wording was almost nervous, so the Alpha turned his full attention to him... and suppressed a laugh at what she presumed was concern. The name of the pack was open to any of its members. It wasn't something that she controlled. Like them, Saena had chosen to change her surname to favour her position as Alpha of the Redtail Rise pack. She couldn't fault Reek or Wynter for wanting to take it as their own, and anyway, the pack would be a family in time. There was no harm in them all sharing the same surname.

She felt a little differently about their pups taking the name, if only because Saena secretly wanted her eventual litter to be the first Redtail wolves born on the ridge, but that was a year away. As much as she wanted to ask that they name their children something else, the Alpha female knew it was a ridiculous request. It would serve only to make the children feel unwanted and detached when they came of an age to understand it. That, she didn't want for them, so she stifled her brief flare of jealousy in favour of the two wolves in front of her, whom she respected enough to allow the privilege.

"I've done the same," she told them, "and I would be honoured if you two took the name as well. This pack is a fresh start for all of us, and it's my hope it'll be like family one day, so it's only fitting." Both wolves then went on to explain that they were willing to wait, and Saena favoured them with a broad grin. "Then I can't say no," she said, looking at Wynter and beaming. "I think you'll know when the time is right as well as I will, but I'll keep you updated on the situation and as soon as we're ready to raise them, we'll welcome your cubs."
Messages In This Thread
A rose by any other name - by Wynter Wolf - May 03, 2015, 11:02 AM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Reek - May 03, 2015, 12:53 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Saēna - May 04, 2015, 05:55 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Wynter Wolf - May 04, 2015, 06:16 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Reek - May 04, 2015, 07:03 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Saēna - May 04, 2015, 07:27 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Wynter Wolf - May 04, 2015, 07:36 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Reek - May 04, 2015, 07:53 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Saēna - May 04, 2015, 08:04 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Reek - May 04, 2015, 08:27 PM
RE: A rose by any other name - by Wynter Wolf - May 04, 2015, 08:45 PM