killers linger the least [attn: jinx and/or njal]
<font style="font:10px Georgia;"><em>avatar by cj</em></font>
615 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
In the way a wolf did best, she pushed one ear back to listen to her newfound companion whilst the other tilted forward, vigilant. Haunter seemed to be a droll sort of company, which reminded Jinx almost too much of her sister, but she didn't comment. She might have commented on his motive for joining the pack, but Jinx was neither a lawful individual nor patriotic. Her own motivation for joining Horizon Ridge had been exactly the same, and she couldn't claim to have come to the creek for anything but selfish desires.

"Pull your weight and nobody will expect anything more of you," she said by way of reply. Haunter couldn't expect handouts, but nor would the Kesuk stop him if he left come spring, supposing he had done work to earn his life in the pack up until then. Jinx was no more loyal to Fox and the creek than she was the wind, and knew in her heart of hearts she would one day disperse to discover her own destiny. She liked Fox well enough, but loyalty was a concept Jinx simply didn't do. If anything, Jinx expected no more of any of the creek's followers.

When he pointed out she was more capable of leading, her ego perked up. "Of course I am," she agreed, unabashed, "and yet it is more convenient to bide my time and let her do as she will. Should I lead, I should also prefer to select my own land. Fox inherited this pack from a... A dear friend, whose memory I would not dishonour by displacing her wolves."
Messages In This Thread
RE: killers linger the least [attn: jinx and/or njal] - by Jinx - March 03, 2014, 02:28 PM