Redtail Rise A hard rains gonna fall
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
The floodgates opened and an outpouring of questions flowed from Wynter's mouth.  From anyone else, this sort of twenty questions treatment would have gotten a rude, snappy comeback, but his mate's loving concern made Reek's heart wrench in guilt.  The responsibilities of leadership had turned him cold.  Stress had consumed his spirit after Saena's disappearance, and the worst part was, Wynter had no idea.

Unfortunately, when it came to Reek and Arion's agreement to keep the pack in the dark about the duration of Saena's absence, it had also meant that Reek couldn't tell Wynter that something was amiss.  Everything had to proceed as normal.  The pack continued to do their day to day affairs.  But, alone, Reek panicked, but it was his cross to bear. But after awhile, keeping secrets from his mate was getting harder and harder for Reek by the day.  

"I've been here," he replied, receiving a flurry of kisses on his muzzle.  "I just haven't left the borders for days.  Saena left me with so much to do.  I just can't— I need to protect this pack.  I need to protect you."  It took a good moment for Reek to realize how outlandish his statement may have been perceived to be.  Why would anyone need protecting?  That would only imply that something was wrong.  

Reek broke.

Unlike his partner in leadership, Reek was prone to the sentimental and sappy.  Where Arion could be seen as an emotionless machine, the raggedy wolf was vulnerable and willing to wear his heart pinned to his sleeve.  Fat, salty tears began to swell inside the ducts in the corners of Reek's eyes, and for the first time in ages, he began to cry.  To break. 

"I'm falling apart Wyn..." choked Reek from behind the tears.  Like a scared child, he buried his face into the warm fur of the side of Wynter's neck.  "I haven't slept.  I haven't eaten.  It's been days."  She needed to know the reason, hiding information from his wife was tearing him apart... even if it was purely speculation.   "Something's wrong," he continued to explain.  "I don't want to lie to you.  Saena, she should have been back by now.  Something must have happened to her.  I have no idea what i'm doing Wyn... I can't lead.  I'm scared."
Messages In This Thread
A hard rains gonna fall - by Wynter Wolf - May 21, 2015, 04:04 PM
RE: A hard rains gonna fall - by Reek - May 21, 2015, 10:05 PM
RE: A hard rains gonna fall - by Wynter Wolf - May 23, 2015, 06:40 PM
RE: A hard rains gonna fall - by Reek - May 24, 2015, 08:01 PM
RE: A hard rains gonna fall - by Wynter Wolf - May 24, 2015, 08:23 PM
RE: A hard rains gonna fall - by Reek - May 24, 2015, 09:19 PM
RE: A hard rains gonna fall - by Wynter Wolf - May 25, 2015, 05:01 PM
RE: A hard rains gonna fall - by Reek - May 26, 2015, 11:54 AM
RE: A hard rains gonna fall - by Wynter Wolf - May 26, 2015, 03:03 PM
RE: A hard rains gonna fall - by Reek - May 28, 2015, 12:16 PM