The Heartwood Casual Greetings
309 Posts
Ooc — Soap
Yay! Healer thread! Totally down.

Great. He had no idea what goldenrod was.

She frowned, staring at him for a moment as she tried to decide whether or not he'd be useful in her endeavors at all. If he didn't know where to start, she'd be better off to continue her hunt alone. Except two wolves could cover more ground... And then he went on, asking if it was used for healing and that he wanted to become one...

Alright. He'd asked the right questions. He could prove useful. Why not?

She resigned herself to letting him help as he elaborated. The healer he was learning from died? "That's not all too uncommon," she murmured. Since most healers didn't learn the appropriate way to sample unknown plants, the foolish ones were more prone to consuming the wrong plant while grinding up salves and effectively resulted in ending their own life as opposed to saving another. A shame? But what could any wolf do? Dead was dead. There was no coming back from it.

"Alright, Bastian," she said, resigning herself to teaching him in this instance. He seemed a touch desperate and she could use the help. This was a mutually beneficial arraignment and she'd take full advantage of it. "I'm Citali. I hail from a distant pack where was was the best, if not most excellent student within my class and have since been regarded with high honors and tasked with extreme circumstances. I will say things only once and will not repeat myself so listen up."

"Goldenrod," she said, turning and taking a few paces towards the south. She paused. Then she looked at him. "When I walk, you are to walk with me and listen." She waited for him to catch up before she resumed her stroll.

"Goldenrod," she resumed "Is often mistaken for a weed. It grows rapidly in clusters and has a stalk-like appearance of anywhere from ankle to shoulder height depending on the age of the plant. It tends to bloom with multiple yellow flowers that bud along the stalk in late summer. Looking for it now, we'll likely only see the beginnings of buds, but it's scent is sweet. The leaves are long and narrow with serrations around the edges. Shouldn't be too difficult..."

Except he was a rookie, so he might need a little extra instruction... "Do not mistake it for ragweed. If when sniffing the plant, it makes you sneeze or agitates your nose, you've likely found the imposter."
Messages In This Thread
Casual Greetings - by Sebastian - May 01, 2015, 06:38 AM
RE: Casual Greetings - by Caspian - May 02, 2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Casual Greetings - by Sebastian - May 03, 2015, 11:29 AM
RE: Casual Greetings - by Citali - June 03, 2015, 11:27 PM
RE: Casual Greetings - by Sebastian - June 04, 2015, 05:52 AM
RE: Casual Greetings - by Citali - June 04, 2015, 08:52 AM
RE: Casual Greetings - by Sebastian - June 05, 2015, 01:12 PM
RE: Casual Greetings - by Citali - June 05, 2015, 02:54 PM
RE: Casual Greetings - by Sebastian - June 06, 2015, 09:57 AM
RE: Casual Greetings - by Citali - June 07, 2015, 11:13 AM
RE: Casual Greetings - by Sebastian - June 07, 2015, 12:54 PM